Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 Review In Depth and the TRUTH

shadowlesshadowles Member UncommonPosts: 10

So i went out and paid $60 for a copy of Guild WArs 2 so i can see what all the hype is about.  I download the game, then proceed to create my character.  The first thing i notice is the character customization is limited and dull.  I enter the game and i can barely see my character, i mean the character graphics and world graphics are at best a 2 of 10.  I level up a few times and run a few quests but this game is lackluster to say the least, it doesnt have the vital components to be a keeper.  From the poor community, lack of grouping, almost 0 xp  if you try to grind mobs (yes, they nerfed the ability to grind mobs) therefore your forced to explore a boring looking map with boring repetitive monsters or craft.  You can only pick 1 class, cant combine them.  The Traits and Skill points you get are worthless because the tree's offered are subpar compared to EQ2 or Wow skill trees.  Pvp is boring too.

I give word of advice to stay faaaaaaaar away from this game if you value your money, otherwise youll be disappointed like i was with this poor excuse for a wannabe mmo/pvp.  Its garbage.  Play League of Legends or wait for Archage perhaps would be your better bet.  

PS i will now proceed to burn my copy of Guild Wars 2 over a open flame.  The developers of the game should be executed for releasing this trash.

Disgruntled customer

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I'm so glad that we had the opportunity to read your valued opinion. Rest assured that I will be on the edge of my seat waiting for your next in depth review.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337

This reminded me of a quote from Dumb and Dumber.

Harry: I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this. 
    Lloyd: I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Quite inciting review but there are bits of pieces I agree with. No idea why they nerfed the ability to grind mobs as an alternative way of leveling, dumb if you ask me.

The trait and skill trees are a bit lacklustre compared to other games and even some of the so called elite skills are borderline useless.

Finally I agree that the PvP is boring, mostly because it is more or less pointless. However I would not go as far as saying this game is trash. It was fun for 1-2 months but then the deficiencies, mainly the pointless PvP and lack of end game started to show.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Originally posted by Zorrki
    [mod edit]

You've been here for three years and you choose to respond to this thread as your first post? Yikes. o.O

To the OP, this is not in any way an in-depth review. It's at most a (poor, in your opinion) first impression.

<3

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

.... Why do people have to post poor reviews like this and make me go about defending a game I'm iffy on?

if your going to say a game is bad, at least give credible reasons, not just half assed thrown together post. Your post is identicle to that of a fanboy, void of facts and with pointless hype/bashing that contributes nothing to making it seem worth wild/terrible.

• CookieTimeCookieTime Member Posts: 353
    Thank you sir for showing me the TRUTH!! GW2 is teh evil!!!

Eat me!

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Can ya mail me your copy of GW2 then please? Oh and I will be needing that junky account info too.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I stopped reading at "graphics are at best 2 out of 10"

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• JackieRyderJackieRyder Member UncommonPosts: 145
    i am a GW2 Moderator?!?!? REALLY YAY!!!!!!
  • FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348
    Is it opposite day already?

• shadowlesshadowles Member UncommonPosts: 10
    cant send you a copy of my guild wars 2 because like i said earlier "I burned it over a open flame." 
  • EudaimonEudaimon Member UncommonPosts: 116

We get that you don't like the game, but you offer little justification for your opinion...and much of what you do offer is either subjective or wrong.  Only thing I agree with is the lack of ability to choose a 2ndary prof.

Thus far, you've offered almost no reason to take your subjective opinion as being more than that.

Oh, and typing "TRUTH" in caps doesn't grant your opinion any additional objectivity.

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

I would love to read a well informed in-depth review.

Unfortunately the thread title was an outright lie and the OP... Oh well - Guess we won't hear much from that entity in the future.

Jeeez... Anet made me respond in a worthless thread, in a useless way, because I am queued for WvW on my 'deserted' server...

God I hate strawberries: Overhyped and all pumpd up, yet such epic fail at tanking anything!

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Perhaps the intelligent thing to do would be to have not bought the game in the first place??

You bought the game to see what the "Hype" was about?   I hope all the other "Hype" games that you buy are not as big a disappointment.  Probably will be though.

No game will please everyone, tough luck that you are out your $60 but mayyyybe be a little more careful with your money next time.  Just a thought!

As for your review.... yeah it really sucks dude!!   The review I mean!

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

You could have had a lot more folks on board with you if you didn't say the graphics were 2/10 .. compared to other MMORPGS, GW2 runs crisp and efficiently.  The art detail is nice too..

PVP is rather pointless & boring /agree ..  The game doesn't really promote any form of memerable player interactions either, and uses barely any tools for meaningful interaction .. hence why it's referred to as an anti-social game.  I'm surprised you didn't mention that part.

If EQ3 really turns out to be a sanboxy style game, AND uses GW2's graphics engine, there are going to be a bunch of happy gamers...  ArcheAge does look good too, as you mentioned.  Other games like SWTOR wish they had Star Wars overlayed with GW2's engine lol .. so 2/10? heh

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by shadowles

So i went out and paid $60 for a copy of Guild WArs 2 so i can see what all the hype is about.  I download the game...

PS i will now proceed to burn my copy of Guild Wars 2 over a open flame.  The developers of the game should be executed for releasing this trash.

I'm not sure if you're bing a huge troll against those who complain about GW2 or against the game itself, either way enjoy burning your hard drive over an open flame! image Highly doubt you even played it.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Well you might want to get rid of the prebuilt dell computer and actually buy something decent to play GW2 on because the graphisc are good, and customization is okay except for the following problems.

1. Can't wear Town Clothes as armor, I would buy a pirate custome if I could toggle it for combat armor and or wear it while wearing armor and in combat without loosing bonuses of armor and such.

2. Leather armor on Norn's, and in general looks like crap, whoever did the art work for Norn armor, and or culture armor really screwed up. This is the reason I refuse to play a norn otherwise I think the character customization of norn by itself is good.

The only problem with GW2 is bots, Ive seen a few people after I switched servers teleporting from node to node emptying each node out and then instantly vanish, and I hate the bots its gains an unfair advantage over gameplay and sometimes I see quite a few of them camping the Orange boss spawns/events auto attacking/using skills for XP and such.

As for League OF Legends, This game has a worse community than GW2 look at how many people get banned by the tribunal for using a single swear word not directed at anyone or not playing well, or let alone not lane with a troll/griefer who is doing nothing in your lane but rushing, feeding, or not attacking. LOL needs to get rid of the tribunal and go to manual reports/GM's, but they don't because Riot is very ignorant as a company, and I think it has been proven already.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41 If you read their forums and check out a lot of cases you will find false punishments, while a lot fo them are not there have been quite a few people punished without a valid reason of breaking the rules.

Oh and I would avoid Gamers First, as a company, Because GM's do nothing over there they are run by Incomptent GM's that basically say they will take care of a Troll, or abuser and do nothing. Fallen Earth for example is run by a community of large clan's/Trolls, and if you check the Hazmat team or help team you will notice players from these calns are part of their little player help run groups. Also Moderators are not even GM's which is even worse. As a company for one by far G1 is the worst company ever compared to Riot, but Riot is making its way there as a company on my list. ( Fallen Earth) Is now basically Pay 2 Enjoy now anyways, if you are looking for an alternative Download NeoCron 2 its free.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Tell me how you reeeally feel ;)
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270
    cant send you a copy of my guild wars 2 because like i said earlier "I burned it over a open flame." 

Good move. It's the only way to be sure.

• carpatiancarpatian Member UncommonPosts: 47

So i went out and paid $60 for a copy of Guild WArs 2 so i can see what all the hype is about.  I download the game, then proceed to create my character.  The first thing i notice is the character customization is limited and dull.  I enter the game and i can barely see my character, i mean the character graphics and world graphics are at best a 2 of 10.  I level up a few times and run a few quests but this game is lackluster to say the least, it doesnt have the vital components to be a keeper.  From the poor community, lack of grouping, almost 0 xp  if you try to grind mobs (yes, they nerfed the ability to grind mobs) therefore your forced to explore a boring looking map with boring repetitive monsters or craft.  You can only pick 1 class, cant combine them.  The Traits and Skill points you get are worthless because the tree's offered are subpar compared to EQ2 or Wow skill trees.  Pvp is boring too.

I give word of advice to stay faaaaaaaar away from this game if you value your money, otherwise youll be disappointed like i was with this poor excuse for a wannabe mmo/pvp.  Its garbage.  Play League of Legends or wait for Archage perhaps would be your better bet.  

Disgruntled customer

agree 100%

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    how much do you pay the mods to lock posts for you on behalf of Guild Wars 2?  Just curious how much you pay to keep Freedom of Speech about a poorly made game silenced.

I don't think freedom of speech means what you think it means.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

One is almost inclined to think you actually believe these things. And that's fine.

Then we look at your posting history, and the only thing you were vested enough in to post was....

Warhammer online.

Seriously? You're bashing GW2 after THAT?

It's not an improvement and then some?

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

Disgruntled customer

So, you're burning the game that you went out and paid $60 to download?

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    Account INFO PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! you cant burn that, but you can burn that CD-Less gw2 case.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by TangentPoint

Disgruntled customer

So, you're burning the game that you went out and paid $60 to download?

Exactly what I was saying, entire post is bogus! Good someone else spotted that :)

This discussion has been closed.