Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2: Coin limit to be removed

NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

On Test: Coin Limit for EQ2 Bronze, Silver Players is Gone!

http://eq2wire.com/2012/11/06/on-test-coin-limit-for-eq2-bronze-silver-players-is-gone/

This should help with Bronze and Silver players wanting to buy subscriptions via Krono. From the Test Update Notes on the EQ2 Forums:

GENERAL
Memberships: There will no longer be coin limits on any account types.

Comments

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    SOE.... you guys are full of surprises!
  • bugse82bugse82 Member UncommonPosts: 184

good move, sony, good move!

that was the only reason not to play this game.

i have over 3k sc, but the lack of gold removal option really pissed me off!

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Well this is good new but not enough to bring me back if they remove or limit a few other restrictions I might.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    This is a good move. SOE seems to be making some good decisions lately. WTF?

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Still having a blast in eq2 after all these years. The removal should be welcomed news by most.
  • snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Originally posted by nolic1
    Well this is good new but not enough to bring me back if they remove or limit a few other restrictions I might.

You could always just you know, pay to play the game and have no restrictions?

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by snapfusion
    Originally posted by nolic1

You could always just you know, pay to play the game and have no restrictions?

Or with the removal of coin restriction... farm plat and buy SC to unlock everything else.

Coin limits were the only thing stopping people from doing this (unless you buy 1 months sub and farm enough to get a few months / years paid off like me and my friends did).

• alin1209alin1209 Member UncommonPosts: 61

So if you play the free version of the game you still have the coin limit?Or it will be also removed for free accounts?

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by alin1209

So if you play the free version of the game you still have the coin limit?Or it will be also removed for free accounts?

Bronze is free, so yes, will be removed!

Very good step from $O€. Those who used to subscribe have way too much money (like me) and can't gain more. Now let them also add SC-purchaseble bag/bank slots and I might return ;)

• reploidxreploidx Member UncommonPosts: 320
    Originally posted by Reizla
    Originally posted by alin1209

Bronze is free, so yes, will be removed!

Very good step from $O€. Those who used to subscribe have way too much money (like me) and can't gain more. Now let them also add SC-purchaseble bag/bank slots and I might return ;)

You can purchase the bag slots, and if you go to silver you get four bag slots and i believe three bank slots with 1 or 2 shared bank slots. You can also buy to upgrade your equipment for 25 SC per hit when you get them. I view it as a good thing since you couldn't do so before.

• Jester92Jester92 Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by ignore_me
    This is a good move. SOE seems to be making some good decisions lately. WTF?

Now If only we could travel back in time to the time of SWG and have prevented STWOR from ever having to had been invented and it having failed horribly due to EA's money grabbing no good practices! ... If only we could. =[

J. B.

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Now if they would only get rid of the gear limits.