Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great Customer Service

AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

This will make me look like a bafoon but it deserves to be said.  The other day I purchased an extra character slot from the marketplace.  It went into my inventory so I double clicked it and once it disapeared I figured it had been activated.  I logged out, noticed I had no option to create another character...  I took the path of least resistance and deleted an oft used character to play the new alt right then.  Once I was done for the night I submitted a CS ticket with my problem and request for an SC refund.

An hour after I sent my ticket in I got an automated message, about 2:18am.  Then I got a human response at 11:42am that issue would be passed up the line.  At 1:56pm I got a detailed message about how many slots I had and why but did not address my specific problem and the same again at 4:08 pm after I submitted more information about my problem.  Finally at 4:28pm I got the message that made me look like said bafoon:

The extra slot item is a "charm" itemization wise and since I had an empty slot on the character that purchased it the double click just equiped it to me... I hadn't actually "used" the extra slot yet.

I laughed, thanked them for their time feeling both relieved and foolish.  I was impressed though at the time and length they went to take care of my problem.  It's also worth pointing out that I'm silver sub right now so that has no bearing on service if it relates to account or marketplace issues.

Comments

• CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194
    The game is basically dead when compared to other games, of course it'll be easier for them to communicate with players <:
  • AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by Cakeisyummeh
    The game is basically dead when compared to other games, of course it'll be easier for them to communicate with players <:

Well I wouldn't go as far as saying the game is " Dead " there still is a very active player base and seems to be growing and growing , so I think you need to actualy Play the game before making comments like that.

To the OP, yeah I never had any issues with SOE Customer support , the ONLY issue I had was when Vanguard first launched  and I would crash after every 45 minutes exacly , spent nine hours on the phone with them and their conclusion was it was my system, so I replaced almost all the hardware at the time so it was overly advanced for the game and still had the crashes, thats the only time I can recall having my gripes with SOE CS.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

Compared with what other games?  WoW and GW2?  yes.

Compared with LOTRO and Rift?  no

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

What a load of rubbish lol.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Lol, yeah it is confusing that it's a "charm". If it has to be itemized then a potion seems more fitting.

Player populations means a bit less in EQ2 since there is a level scaling system, detailed mercenaries and a lot of different things to do (the number of dungeons in EQ2 is remarkable). Two people with mercs can do at-level dungeon content if need be. Initial populations depend in what server you're on but populations across the board seem to be picking up.
  • strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Aelious
    Lol, yeah it is confusing that it's a "charm". If it has to be itemized then a potion seems more fitting.

Player populations means a bit less in EQ2 since there is a level scaling system, detailed mercenaries and a lot of different things to do (the number of dungeons in EQ2 is remarkable). Two people with mercs can do at-level dungeon content if need be. Initial populations depend in what server you're on but populations across the board seem to be picking up.

Also,not saying EQ2 has 250k subs or anything, but people have to realize just how many zones and instances there are in EQ2.  And the fact that guild halls are bigger than some games capital cities with all the amenities (which they have admitted is a mistake since it takes people out of cities)  Population is VERY spread out.

• SunscourSunscour Member UncommonPosts: 186

I've also had great customer service from SOE.

I realize that EQ2 is not the super hot thing, but I do enjoy playing.

Life is Short, Read a Book.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    when I played EQ2, i had good customer service as well. In fact, I have never had bad customer service from SOE from any of their games. I just started playing Vanguard though and have not needed any of these services yet.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Originally posted by Tokken
    when I played EQ2, i had good customer service as well. In fact, I have never had bad customer service from SOE from any of their games. I just started playing Vanguard though and have not needed any of these services yet.

You should've saw 'em in the original EQ days, circa 2001 or so.

Literally THE biggest assholes on the planet.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Originally posted by Keylogger

Have to disagree I was there during beta, and played for 7 years after launch. Customer service was always pretty good.

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Originally posted by Keylogger

Lol yep. I had my eq account hacked and I had to come up with my last 4 digits of the original credit card number. So yes, 12 years later I had to remember those numbers!! LOL Who in the hell does that. The guy on the phone literally was no help and could not fathom the thought that people dont keep an outdated credit card around but we tear them up and use the new one we got from the cc company / bank.

And in this case I spoke to 3 people total, answered all the other bs questions, and they created a case number for me to use as a referral when I called back with the last 4 numbers =( . This was last year though. I tossed in the towel and created a new account .

• swedagoswedago Member UncommonPosts: 78

I have played and/or tried most the MMOs out there since 1999.  I would have to say that SoE does have great customer service even if the game is a little carebear =)

The game is far from dead.  More groups than most the MMOs that came out this year =P