Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got an email about free coins, but where are they?

lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

So I just got an email from SWTOR saying this:

Greetings xxxxxx,

You have earned Complimentary Cartel Coins for your prior paid subscription months! Cartel Coins are a new virtual currency coming with the launch of the Free-to-Play option this November.

Visit the Cartel Coins Ledger page to see how many Complimentary Cartel Coins you have already earned! This new web page is located in the "My Account" section of the website.

Get ready to visit the Cartel Market loaded with coins to spend this November - and turn these golden coins into valuable items such as pets, vehicles, XP boosts, and more! Remember, you must return as a Subscriber to take advantage of this golden opportunity!

But I got nothing in my ledger or my account. Did anyone else get this and HAS coins in their account? Should I be asking them for my complimentary virtual money?
Was this a plot to have me click on the link and download the game again?

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    maybe they are just slow in delivery?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Unless they changed things, you have to actually be a subscriber when they switch to F2P to actually get the coins.  You can check on your account to see how many you will earn on the switch if you are a current subscriber.
  • moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Did you follow the directions to a T ??  I got the same email and I saw mine after following it. Maybe you have swtor blocked on your browser 
  • halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    My coins show in my account ;)
  • lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

what were the instructions?

My email just says "click here to check how many you have earned" and it also says "you get coins for being a previous suscbriber" it doesnt say I have to be still subscribed...are you all subscribed right now?

• Originally posted by lalartu

My email just says "click here to check how many you have earned" and it also says "you get coins for being a previous suscbriber" it doesnt say I have to be still subscribed...are you all subscribed right now?

Greetings xxxxxx,

You have earned Complimentary Cartel Coins for your prior paid subscription months! Cartel Coins are a new virtual currency coming with the launch of the Free-to-Play option this November.

Visit the Cartel Coins Ledger page to see how many Complimentary Cartel Coins you have already earned! This new web page is located in the "My Account" section of the website.

Get ready to visit the Cartel Market loaded with coins to spend this November - and turn these golden coins into valuable items such as pets, vehicles, XP boosts, and more! Remember, you must return as a Subscriber to take advantage of this golden opportunity!

You will receive Complimentary Cartel Coins for all your previous and current subscription months. There are additional grants for the purchase of a Collector’s Edition or a Digital Deluxe Edition, as well as a one-time reward at the launch of the Free-to-Play option. You’ll only receive your Complimentary Cartel Coins if you’re active and subscribed when we go live with the new Free-to-Play option.

so perhaps they dont show unless you are subscribed? can anyone that isnt confirm if they can see them? and did you log into your account? because you have to be logged in to see them i believe
  • VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

sooo.. What can 250 cartel coins get me?

Is it like other F2P games where they give you JUST enough for like one 10 pack of health potions?

Can't wait to find out so I can LOL..

• Originally posted by Vyeth

Is it like other F2P games where they give you JUST enough for like one 10 pack of health potions?

here you can see what the prices were when they put the cartel market on the test server. dont know if they have changed since then

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/22092-cartel-market-items-unlocks-and-more

Unlock: Additional Quickbar

best one so far... First time I have ever seen quickbars for sale personally.. lmao..

EDIT: Customization Control: Display Titles

This one is pretty funny too..

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758
    I read my email until I got to the point where it said you have to be a subscriber to get them. Well, that's never going to happen again so I deleted it.
  • gandlesgandles Member UncommonPosts: 84
    ive gotten that same email and have coins, but does anyone know when its being transitioned into FTP?
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by lalartu

It does say you have to be subscribed when the game goes F2P.

You make me like charity

Originally posted by gaou
    Originally posted by Vyeth

here you can see what the prices were when they put the cartel market on the test server. dont know if they have changed since then

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/22092-cartel-market-items-unlocks-and-more

After looking at that list, my advice for anyone looking at the F2P option to just pay 15 bucks and subscribe..

Seriously, they found ways to basically charge for everything.. Nickel and diming for even the simplest of things like "unifying colors" on your character..

A better option for them would have been to charge 5-7 bucks a month for sub..

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by gandles
    ive gotten that same email and have coins, but does anyone know when its being transitioned into FTP?

No, but I imagine it won't be until after more than a month has gone by since they first started the "sign back up now and qualify for cartel points" stuff.  You know, so people have to resub yet again for fear of losing out on the points, lol

You make me like charity

• gandlesgandles Member UncommonPosts: 84
    yeah, theyll try and milk out as many subs as they can before they "have" to make it into the ftp model i guess. thanks!
  • MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Lol - I just had a look at how many coins I could get from becoming a subscriber again - apparently.. I get 0 xD
  • Originally posted by gandles

they havent given a date yet but appears it will come with 1.5 which should be within  the next few weeks or so if they can keep the schedule they want

• ZorlofeZorlofe Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by reaperuk
    I read my email until I got to the point where it said you have to be a subscriber to get them. Well, that's never going to happen again so I deleted it.

Lol, same here...

• lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437
    wow, at this point i'd rather go back to LOTRO and pay THEM that money. at least their system feels fair

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Vyeth

Unlock: Additional Quickbar

best one so far... First time I have ever seen quickbars for sale personally.. lmao..

EDIT: Customization Control: Display Titles

This one is pretty funny too..

It is indeed absurd.

There would be so many ideas that make SENSE to get money. REALLY good looking gear. Unlock races. Something along these lines. But not quickbars or titles!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

For those geting surprised by 'titles for sale'. You guys should have a look at TSW. It has monthly sub and also sell titles for 10 to 15 bucks and even more. And guess what? players buy those titles. Atleast you are not getting milked from both sides in SWTOR.

o..O

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by halflife25

For those geting surprised by 'titles for sale'. You guys should have a look at TSW. It has monthly sub and also sell titles for 10 to 15 bucks and even more. And guess what? players buy those titles. Atleast you are not getting milked from both sides in SWTOR.

o..O

It's not a fair comparison. There is a difference between buying a special vanity title from the cash shop and having to pay just to have any title displayed at all in game.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Anyone knows when this F2P conversion will happen exactly?

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Originally posted by Crazy_Stick
    Originally posted by halflife25

o..O

It's not a fair comparison. There is a difference between buying a special vanity title from the cash shop and having to pay just to have any title displayed at all in game.

Umm how is that different may i know? in both cases titles make no difference to your gameplay and  you have to pay for it in both games. And TSW already have a sub.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Still looks like you have to be a subscriber.   I think I got 250 for the ce edition, the rest youhave to sub for

Earn 1150 Complimentary Cartel Coins by becoming a subscriber today!  - that is what it showed when I logged in to check. 

Not going to happen. They not learned what the ral problemi s and free to play is not going to fix anything.