Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF MMO

HothloveHothlove Member UncommonPosts: 126

I cant decide what to play. I played daoc mostly in my time playing mmo's. Did a fair share of wow with some eq2 and lotro.

Daoc: It has become harder to solo in rvr and less soloers running around means you need a group. It's not that grouping isn't fun but I like playing stealther in that game.

WoW: The game is nice but everytime I play I get bored after awhile.

Eq2: The game is good too, but I cant run it any higher than balanced settings without crippling the fps. I dont know if there is any thing I can turn of and still make it look good. It looks very bland in high performance settings. 

Lotro: Also a very nice game albeit it's much like wow.. It becomes boring after awhile.

I tried Rift but decided I didn't like it at all. I only played swtor to level 17 and I thought it wasn't my thing either.

It's either eq2, wow, lotro or keep playing daoc. Maybe there are stuff Im missing out. It's a hard pick since they all got something good.

Gw2 - Im very skeptical since gw1 was very bad.

Comments

• HothloveHothlove Member UncommonPosts: 126
    And by the way I might also be interested in MMOFPS. I played a game called quake live last night and it make me LOL! So if anyone has experience with the please let me hear your thoughts :)
  • RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249

Gw1 sucked gw2 rocks

combat is complex dont judge with videos and screen shots and toolbar

• RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Best bet is gw2 until darkfall uw
    How is the pvp in gw2 ?
  • CranktrainCranktrain Member Posts: 25

If you liked Quake Live, definitely try out Tribes Ascend. It's got the fast moving thing going on, and a similar focus on skill.

It doesn't have the massively feel that the MMO's your familiar with, and if that's what you're after it might be worth waiting for PlanetSide 2.

Originally posted by Cranktrain

If you liked Quake Live, definitely try out Tribes Ascend. It's got the fast moving thing going on, and a similar focus on skill.

It doesn't have the massively feel that the MMO's your familiar with, and if that's what you're after it might be worth waiting for PlanetSide 2.

WOOT! Thx it looks very interesting.

• lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

I had about the same reaction with all of the games you described and I gotta add that GW2 is one of the few games up to now that could satisfy my MMO urge.

it's not perfect, but it does a lot of things well and it has a new feel to it.

PVP in it is good and the halloween event brought a lot of new features, so give it a go

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• atticon40atticon40 Member Posts: 33

I know it's probably too far out to mention.  But one game to look forward to would be The Elder Scrolls Online.

http://mmoattack.com/mmo-articles/elder-scrolls-online-hands-on-preview

That game looks so money already!

• XsonicXsonic Member UncommonPosts: 93
    I've been playing EVE this past 3 months, awesome game. I could talk about a lot about the sandbox game; the biggest  features are so different from other games, and soon they will introduce DUST514(you can read about it more online) and will integrate it to the EVE main server. It will be awesomesauce, I can't wait to strike orbital bombardments to people! I am also playing XCOM Enemy Unknown from time to time, but that is no MMO lol : /