Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soft Released announced ~Settlers of Ganareth~ WOOT

ZvorakZvorak Member Posts: 234

Greetings,

Seems like NPcube came through. Looks like there will be a limited number of people that will be able to Download the Soft release of the game next month and as mentioned on the AUDIO # 5 Pod Cast that they will indeed get to pay and play through the intial launch and start-up of the game.

It looks as if the first people to enter the game are going to be considered "Settlers of Ganareth". Which makes sense in a game this big.. with the initial people DL and establishing some sort of community and backbone allowing for the massive influx of retail players to enter into a somewhat breathing world.

This also touches on or solidfies the report of limited "pay to test" players that was mentioned in #5 Audio Pod cast a few weeks back.  (right Birdseeds ?)

-Zvorak

Comments

• ZvorakZvorak Member Posts: 234

Some additional announcments:

About development

Today, we start a new series of interviews on Dark and Light development and evolution. These questions and answers aim at giving you a better overview of your future universe. As you will see, you can expect epic adventures in Ganareth, and we invite you to subscribe to join the beta test, if you didn’t do it yet!

1- What have the developers been working on since E3 2005 ?
    The development team has been working on the following features (among others):

- Mana tower management: influence on gamers regeneration and mana tower inventory system.
    - Communication system.
    - Territory conquest management.
    - Pets magic implementation...for more aid while fighting.
    - Birth villages creation for respective races.
    - New atmosphere management (volcanoes, swamps...)
    - Enhancing the combat system: enable the power to stick your opponent very close to you while fighting...your opponent won’t be able to escape.

2- Are the developers still serious about the ’end of this year’-release?
    More than ever! Nov 05 is the moment when you will finally discover what is really Dark and Light.

3- Will there be any major changes to the Game concerning the cooperation with SnailGame?
    Snailgame is a strong partner for all that concerns graphics. Working with Snailgame will bring even more variety and richness to Dark and Lights’ graphical features. Snailgame will participate in the graphical design while creating some characters, equipment slots, armors and weapons for instance.

• kimolakimola Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Zvorak
    Greetings,
    Seems like NPcube came through. Looks like there will be a limited number of people that will be able to Download the Soft release of the game next month and as mentioned on the AUDIO # 5 Pod Cast that they will indeed get to pay and play through the intial launch and start-up of the game.
    It looks as if the first people to enter the game are going to be considered "Settlers of Ganareth". Which makes sense in a game this big.. with the initial people DL and establishing some sort of community and backbone allowing for the massive influx of retail players to enter into a somewhat breathing world.
    This also touches on or solidfies the report of limited "pay to test" players that was mentioned in #5 Audio Pod cast a few weeks back. (right Birdseeds ?)

-Zvorak

I think your a little wrong :P

This Dark and Light prelude will be free to access. Also a limited number of Dark and Light game keys will be available from November via pre-ordering, and this will give access to an inevitable pack of features. Keep your eyes open, Dark and Light, the genesis, is on its way!

this is taken from the newsletter

it mean that the prelude will be free to access for everyone. And if you want at the same time you can pre-order one of those pre-order key to get a bonus when the full dark and light will launch in april.

::::01::

• ZvorakZvorak Member Posts: 234

Originally posted by kimola

Originally posted by Zvorak
    Greetings,
    This also touches on or solidfies the report of limited "pay to test" players that was mentioned in #5 Audio Pod cast a few weeks back. (right Birdseeds ?)

-Zvorak

I think your a little wrong :P

This Dark and Light prelude will be free to access. Also a limited number of Dark and Light game keys will be available from November via pre-ordering, and this will give access to an inevitable pack of features. Keep your eyes open, Dark and Light, the genesis, is on its way!

this is taken from the newsletter

it mean that the prelude will be free to access for everyone. And if you want at the same time you can pre-order one of those pre-order key to get a bonus when the full dark and light will launch in april.

::::01::

I read the newsletter, no need to requote it.  It's what it didn't say thats more informative.  You still have to buy the game to be a "Settler". Pre-order dictates you have ordered the game before the release... thus it does have a cost.

" inevitable pack of features " is not a bonus. Those who do not pre-order will have restrictions.

NP3 didnt say it would be free... they said it would be "free to access".  Why put  "to access" in there..?  They could've just as easily and more clearly have said:

" This Dark and Light prelude will be free. Also a limited number of Dark and Light game keys will be available from November via pre-ordering, and this will give access to all the necessary features. Keep your eyes open, Dark and Light, the genesis, is on its way! "

So ponder that..!

• kimolakimola Member Posts: 6

Taken from the french version of the newsletter. :)

Ce pr

• LordAnubisLordAnubis Member Posts: 112

Originally posted by kimola

Taken from the french version of the newsletter. :)
    Ce pr
  • jenanglessjenangless Member Posts: 49

"for all preeorder is only"

thats not exactly free than.. if they are not charging people to play the beta than I really don't see what the point of releasing the game unfinished in Nov is. It's only going to hurt them in the long run. People don't care if its not finished. They will still run around and tell everyone that the game stinks if they think it does no matter if the reason for it is because it's still in development.

• stone-seraphstone-seraph Member Posts: 376

no, again, the beta is absolutely free. Preorders work the same way they do in every other game: you preorder, you get the game first thing when it comes out (April). They just added an incentive by giving a few extra features during the beta to those who preorder.

Make of it what you will.

• CohortCohort Member Posts: 12

Originally posted by jenangless

"for all preeorder is only"
    thats not exactly free than.. if they are not charging people to play the beta than I really don't see what the point of releasing the game unfinished in Nov is. It's only going to hurt them in the long run. People don't care if its not finished. They will still run around and tell everyone that the game stinks if they think it does no matter if the reason for it is because it's still in development.

To preorder the game it is not free, but if you dont want to preorder and still want to play it is free. Really alot of people have some sort of reading block. I will agree though that people wont care that it is techincally an open beta. They will expect the game to play like a released version and if things are great they will bash till they bruise their fingers from typing so much. Ofcourse that is the ame thing the beta testers who leaked info did aswell, they expected a game that was fully complete and apperantly didnt get their expectations met. Though I would guess more people are happy with the game then not since only a handfull of breaches have been made, or they just follow the rules. Only time will tell, personally I will play because I want to play a new MMoRpg.

• angerrangerr Member Posts: 865

jen your posts make no sence please stop, we know you are going out of your way to bash this game at all costs. but from what you have said in your posts....people will be burnt on the game by april because you think sog is the full version of the game.

"They will still run around and tell everyone that the game stinks if they think it does no matter if the reason for it is because it's still in development." so your saying open beta is only going to hurt them? hmm games that had a open beta before.....wow and gw come to mind but they didnt make any money did they? ::::12::

so...like that will matter? it will be free? so anyone can see for themselves if it actually is crap or not?

again make sure you read this line slowly...... sog is NOT the full version of dnl, people will not be burnt on a game that hasent been released yet. go away troll ::::26::

read this http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1044304#post1044304 then come back and talk to me about the vanguard/soe fiasco.....

• Ken`ShieroKen`Shiero Member Posts: 289

I have not posted in a while, a real long while. I have just this to say, why are you guys competing in what a damn e-mail is saying? The point is you got the e-mail and will be playing it. I know you guys were pretty pissed to have some one to correct you but don't take it too the heart.

Just wait until the guy posts his in-game character's name and hunt him down in DnL.

That's what I would doimage

• angerrangerr Member Posts: 865

i hear ya ken but this troll will never be playing dnl ::::16::

i dont mind if people dont like a game and express how they feel about it, its when people spew total garbage about a game they obviously know little about and then flame it ::::26::

its ok if you dont know everything about a game, but dont sit up there and flame it just because you like a different game and hope that your opinion will discourage people from playing it.

when people do that i call them on it plain and simple ::::40::

read this http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1044304#post1044304 then come back and talk to me about the vanguard/soe fiasco.....

• WotannWotann Member Posts: 294
    This thread will answer your questions about 'Settlers of Ganareth'

http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24699

Nemo sine vitio est