Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SW: Episode VII - Petition for OT Cast Reunion

DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
Hey there!

I'm hoping to get 1,000,000 signatures to show the OT cast how much seeing our childhood heroes reunite in the next Star Wars film would mean to us all - something I'm certain many if not all Star Wars fans have dreamt of for a long time.

Please check the petition below and if you can, spread the word.  Thanks!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/episode-vii-original-star-wars-cast-please/

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    I hope not. Mark Hamill is a mediocre actor and Carrie Fisher isn't much better.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Not to mention that Harrison Ford is a member of the Geritol crowd now. I personally think that if they are going to place the new movie right after Episode 6 they should get some actors that are the appropriate age for the part. They can pull it off if they find the right people. Look what they did in the new Star Trek movie for example. Like the movie or not most of their cast choices were pretty damn good. They can do the same for Star Wars.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Grunty
    I hope not. Mark Hamill is a mediocre actor and Carrie Fisher isn't much better.

Mark Hamill makes THE MOST EPIC Joker voice, though! :D

As to the question. Hm, totally not sure. On the one hand, it would be an epic idea, but as with many ideas it may be bad in reality. XD I really dunno what to think. ^^

But for you, dear DeaconX, I will sign. :)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Although if they made a 20-30 year jump like they did between episodes 3 and 4 it might work out. It would be more about their children or the Jedi Luke has trained at that point however but at least the original cast would be the apropriate age. That would work.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    The Alec Guiness repraisal role might be a little hard too.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

OP sounds like a SWG fan, can't let go.

I'm a Star Wars fan, but reuniting the old cast beyond some cameos sounds like a recipe for disaster.

O_o o_O

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    I wish they would stop making Star Wars movies.  They're turning a great legacy into a bad joke.  Take away the "Star Wars" name from that prequel trilogy and they would've been virtually unknown direct to DVD movies.  I can't imagine them getting any better with this new set of movies.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760
    Originally posted by Grunty

Harrison Ford's Han Solo is the exact same character as his Indiana Jones which is the same character as the one on that island which is the same character that was on that russian sub...

All the actors were b grade in that movie.

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760
    Originally posted by dave6660
    I wish they would stop making Star Wars movies.  They're turning a great legacy into a bad joke.  Take away the "Star Wars" name from that prequel trilogy and they would've been virtually unknown direct to DVD movies.  I can't imagine them getting any better with this new set of movies.

Although disney sells toys they don't make movies to sell toys which is what starwars 1 to 3 were about.