Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another TES video Alpha preview

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Found this on youtube.com. Lots of good info here.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLp0ykvotEI

Comments

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Hybrid314

It's reminding me a lot of Guild Wars2. And I am not liking that.

seem like its gaining hype for all the wrong reasons. If it is like Guild Wars 2, that could mean the gameplay would get boring after a few weeks, or once a player hits endgame and leveling ends.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• logicwarlogicwar Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

seem like its gaining hype for all the wrong reasons. If it is like Guild Wars 2, that could mean the gameplay would get boring after a few weeks, or once a player hits endgame and leveling ends.

yep so much hype so early is just not good.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

nothing pisses me off more then a video labled "TESO preview" where there is no actual gamplay video, just a guy talking while showing still screen shots.

ffs, just lable it "guy talking about TESO screen shots"!

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

nothing pisses me off more then a video labled "TESO preview" where there is no actual gamplay video, just a guy talking while showing still screen shots.

The guy seem like a Paid YouTube previewer. 

Like... What's the guy name that was popular for his WoW YouTube videos

who later own said he wasn't interested in MoP, but said SWTOR was the greatest MMO ever?

Anybody remember the guy? 

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374

Oh it's Jesse Cox.

/Shrug.

No disrespect but he also said WoW is amazing, Swtor is amazing, GW2 is amazing.

He is hardly qualify to "review/preview" a MMO.

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

He is not talking about TES screenshots. Zenimax had a press preview in their studio and it appears Jesse was invited, he is talking about his experience.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    There is waaaay too little info to get bent into or out of shape.  Of course, the company is going to try to drum up hype.  Said hype has nothing to do with the quality of the overall game.  Wait folks, it's too early to tell.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by iamjason1989

Oh it's Jesse Cox.

/Shrug.

No disrespect but he also said WoW is amazing, Swtor is amazing, GW2 is amazing.

Yeah the dude licks on anything with pretty colors basically.  Not exactly a discerning, educated individual.

Originally posted by Entinerint
    Originally posted by iamjason1989

Oh it's Jesse Cox.

/Shrug.

Yeah the dude licks on anything with pretty colors basically.  Not exactly a discerning, educated individual.

Also keep in mind, that even though he pretends to be fully open to talking about info, he is still under a NDA, that limits him to saying only things the developers want him to talk about. Clever. GW2 did this same tactic. Clever.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Well it does have a few features similar to GW2, but I think youre taking the comparisons to GW2 the wrong way.

Whats similar to GW2 is aspects of combat itself, not the content & progression.

Stuff similar to GW2 is:

- Synergy system, which works like the Combo Fields in GW2

- Mobility in combat (mobile spellcasting, dodging, etc)

- Small number of skills in hotbar with the ability to swap to different skills

- Ability to join multiple guilds

Things unlike GW2:

- Leveling of individual skills by usage. This also includes continuing to level your skills after hitting level cap. Level cap only stops you from gaining more base stats (health, stamina, magicka) but all of your skills continue growing and you can eventually max out every skill

- Ability to mix types of armor instead of being locked into 1 armor type based on class

- More of a standard quest system instead of DEs

- Everyone on a mega server instead of seperate servers, though they will be split up between channels

- Public dungeons instead of instanced dungeons

- Open world PvP with objectives, no instanced PvP (battlegrounds / scenarios / sPvP / WvWvW)

- Forts in PvP do not auto-repair when captured, they have to be rebuilt manually after capture allowing enemies to easily get inside and take it back from you if you dont rebuild quickly enough

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    I much prefer this podcast, 3+ hours of coverage, very detailed, talks about how different it is from GW2: http://elderscrollsotr.mymiddleearth.com/2012/10/26/episode-43-hands-on-with-eso/
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

lol, a video of screenshots.

god how i hate these.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

*raises hand*

Where are the videos of gameplay?

Are there ANY?

If not, listening to people talk is pointless.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by kaiser3282
    Originally posted by MMOExposed Originally posted by Hybrid314 Found this on youtube.com. Lots of good info here.   Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLp0ykvotEI
    It's reminding me a lot of Guild Wars2. And I am not liking that. seem like its gaining hype for all the wrong reasons. If it is like Guild Wars 2, that could mean the gameplay would get boring after a few weeks, or once a player hits endgame and leveling ends.

Things unlike GW2:

- Everyone on a mega server instead of seperate servers, though they will be split up between channels

- Open world PvP with objectives, no instanced PvP (battlegrounds / scenarios / sPvP / WvWvW)

Phasing, but also:
    Linky.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

I was expected to see footage of TESO not screenshots that everyone allready have seen.

OP CHANGE THE NAME OF THE THREAD.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by Toxia

*raises hand*

Where are the videos of gameplay?

Are there ANY?

If not, listening to people talk is pointless.

There was a press event recently. They weren't allowed video, but they were able to play the Ebonheart alliance for about 5 hours. You don't NEED video to back up what you're talking about, but it does help visually aid. Some of what is being said is interesting enough. The game seems a good ways along, but it's still missing systems such as crafting, and the current targetting system may or may not be a placeholder.

I wouldn't agree that creating talking points and allowing press members to relate anecdotes from their personal experience is pointless. It's just the first steps of us getting information from non-official sources.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

A game that gains hype means gameplay would get boring...cynical one, I see.

It's not THAT all similar to GW2. From what is revealed, just the combat have similarities, also the "find quests happen around you" part iirc.

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516

This is because they're still way more of a themepark than a sandbox game. They should delay the game and put more sandbox features in it, but real chances of such an event are non-existent.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com