Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Tanks: Wargaming.Net Takes Home Golden Joystick Award

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Wargaming.net has announced that it has won the coveted Golden Joystick award in the Best MMO category for World of Tanks. Previously, WoT had been nominated in the category but not won the award. 

"We are truly honored to receive a Golden Joystick at the 30th Anniversary Ceremony of world's oldest and most prestigious gaming awards," said CEO of Wargaming Victor Kislyi. "We've made definite progress over the last year, and this award proves that we've been doing things the right way. We are very thankful for your support, and have every intention to keep on delivering great games."

Find out more on the Wargaming.net site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• pookirpookir Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Great news.Gz Wargamming.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

nice one wargaming.net guys..

WOT is a great fun to play...

Is it the best MMO? well i dont think i would class it as an mmo but there we go lol

• hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335

yeah, probably not a mmo, but it was up against some good competition and for my money it is the best game on the market right now.  Its the only game since early 2000s to keep me this interested for this long. 

so grats to wg and anyone that hasnt played it should try it out.  it has gotten alot better in the last year and a half and overall its still fun to play. 

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
      A pretty russian girl told me to vote for World of Tanks...so I did.   See you guys @ Malinovka  :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

And runner up was LoL...

Well in that case I nominate Medal of Honour for best Strategy

C&C for best First person shooter

and Hello Kitty online for best sports game.

If we are going to strech definitions realllllyyyy fast we should do it to all genres.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Maybe they meant Mini Multiplayer Online game. WoT is as much an MMO as is BF3.