Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

swtor.com offline ??!

rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

the game and site offline ?

sandy ??

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

does seem a bit odd for the whole lot to be offline, would have thought if it was maintenance that the website would be at least up with some information, and the day after Disney announce they now own the licencing involved with SW;TOR, it does seem a bit of a coincidence.. is it possible that EA can use this as an opportunity to get rid of SW;TOR and not have to worry about further contractual payments from the Starwars licence to LA ? has LA's change of ownership opened up the contract to renogiation? ... or could be their just having a technical problem.. image

or it could be the demise of EA's latest problem child image

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by Phry

does seem a bit odd for the whole lot to be offline, would have thought if it was maintenance that the website would be at least up with some information, and the day after Disney announce they now own the licencing involved with SW;TOR, it does seem a bit of a coincidence.. is it possible that EA can use this as an opportunity to get rid of SW;TOR and not have to worry about further contractual payments from the Starwars licence to LA ? has LA's change of ownership opened up the contract to renogiation? ... or could be their just having a technical problem.. image

Things like this don't go down without annoucements. You are jumping the gun here bud.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

following this, its up

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/swtor.com.html

but its not reachable from Europe.

yeah, you say, Mikey Mouse switched it offline to welcome all swtor players at the new LA owner ?

• WillythewhizWillythewhiz Member UncommonPosts: 6
    edited April 2018

Post edited by Willythewhiz on
  • DrannyDranny Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by halflife25

Things like this don't go down without annoucements. You are jumping the gun here bud.

Maybe, but you not find it a bit strange it is down with no announcement. more than likely coincidence.

*looks for tin foil hat*

wait .. is it down for Americans too ?
  • WillythewhizWillythewhiz Member UncommonPosts: 6
    edited April 2018

Post edited by Willythewhiz on
  • tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    "There goes another one. Wait, hold your fire. There's no life forms. It must have short circuited."
    Originally posted by rawfox

maybe with the change of ownership of LA to Disney, they need to change the Eula wording etc to reflect this.. i play on the USA servers even though im in the UK, their better than the EU ones.. afaik its all down regardless of location..image

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405
    Some sites went down with the storm in NY. I don't know where their server is located, though.
    imagine ... the datacenter full of water and all characters swimming arround there ...
  • altair4altair4 Member Posts: 158
    Originally posted by tiefighter25
    "There goes another one. Wait, hold your fire. There's no life forms. It must have short circuited."

Haha good one. Wonder if Disney, even if they wanted, could pull the license of Swtor right away. I guess EAWare has a few years of using the license, but then again the way they used it could be seen as abusing it too and maybe they could legally remove it then. :)

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602

maybe with the change of ownership of LA to Disney, they need to change the Eula wording etc to reflect this.. i play on the USA servers even though im in the UK, their better than the EU ones.. afaik its all down regardless of location..image

There is probably paperwork still before the change of ownership is 100% completed. Not sure though but believe I heard that there is still a few standard procedure like things that need doing before the ownership change is completed.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

people on this site make me wanna kill myself.

The sale of LA would have 0 effect on swtor servers or website they're 100% EA hosted in ea data centers period LA has nothing to do with the service. 

Originally posted by William12

people on this site make me wanna kill myself.

If you feel that bad then maybe you need to leave the forums and go see a doctor. and quick before it is too late.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Glad it's not just me.  I was going bananas, especially since it says the site is still up on isitdownornot or whatever.

Oh yeah, and I am just expecting giant mickey mouses and such on the website now...<.<

Originally posted by Senden

There is probably paperwork still before the change of ownership is 100% completed. Not sure though but believe I heard that there is still a few standard procedure like things that need doing before the ownership change is completed.

with what happened yesterday, i would imagine that EA may have taken things down while they sort things out, as whatever deal they had going with LA may need to be 'ratified' with Disney, could be there are a few areas they need to sort out, especially those that apply to paying for the continued use of the Starwars licence. Kind of wondering if this 'sale' of LA was as much a surprise to EA as it was to everyone here... were they in the loop .. or was LA keeping it schtum to try and avoid problems from licencees prior to the sale. If SW;TOR is down all day, that could be a huge sign of how things are progressing, or not.. in itself. image

with what happened yesterday, i would imagine that EA may have taken things down while they sort things out, as whatever deal they had going with LA may need to be 'ratified' with Disney, could be there are a few areas they need to sort out, especially those that apply to paying for the continued use of the Starwars licence. Kind of wondering if this 'sale' of LA was as much a surprise to EA as it was to everyone here... were they in the loop .. or was LA keeping it schtum to try and avoid problems from licencees prior to the sale. If SW;TOR is down all day, that could be a huge sign of how things are progressing, or not.. in itself. image

Maybe but why not  tell people it is down for extended maintenance or something.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

It's a DNS issue.  Your tinfoil hat is just too tight!

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Originally posted by Dranny

Maybe but why not  tell people it is down for extended maintenance or something.

Because it's EA? Common sense when it comes to standard communication has always seemed to elude them.

Originally posted by Dranny

Because it's EA? Common sense when it comes to standard communication has always seemed to elude them.

Fair point