Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 is really starting to wear out...

eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
...my keyboard. I'm actually having a hard time reading the letters on it anymore. So I think it's time to pick up a new keyboard. Any suggestions?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I would suggest a backlit one like the Cyborg v5 keyboard.  The reason why is because the keys are etched in so its impossible to wear out the lettering.
  • WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Haha, I read your topic and was like wtf just post this in one of the other threads, but you were just messing with my head when I read the post.
  • MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    I use the Razer Anansi keyboard and love it.  Best one I have had in years.  The Razer Naga mouse rocks too for MMOs.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686

You may want to consider getting a mechanical keyboard.

This link here has a lot of information regarding them, it also has some information on the kinds of keys that you usually come across as well (printed/etched/moulded etc).

http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

No keyboard will survive GW2 addiction for very long. My W key is playing tricks on me on my laptop.

Pick up what you want to destroy. :)

imageimage
  • WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Durable? Hell yeah!

http://www.deckkeyboards.com

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

I've been using the Microsoft Sidewinder X6 keyboard for about a year and like it a lot. It's backlit and programable just like most gaming keyboards but the unique thing about this one is that you can easily detach the numeric keypad from the right and reconnect it on the left.

This is not just a convenience for lefties, all those keys can be remapped in one of the gaming modes (you toggle a switch between different modes one of which is the default Windows use version) and this becomes a much better alternative that let's me use the left shift and Ctrl with my thumb.

Additionally you can program up to 12 multi-keystroke macros with a row of 6 keys arranged vertically on the left side. The red and amber backlights are also extra bright which is a feature where others are lacking.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-ca/p/sidewinder-x6-keyboard/AGB-00003#details

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by mnwild1998

Hmm weird dont you only have six abilities at a time? I mean the mmo i play I have over 40 abilities i can use. I would recommend getting the razor naga worked great with the mmos ive played including gw2.

I was talking about my keyboard, not my mouse. 

GW2 also has more than 6 abilities, [mod edit]

As for everyone else, thanks for the insights. I'm looking at the G110 but it might be a bit big for my liking. Was hoping to find something a little smaller.  That Sidewinder keyboard might be the trick, if I can leave the number pad disconnected.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.