Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DISNEY buys entire LUCASFILM No kidding!

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Can't believe it, but it's true. Disney bought LucasArts, Lucasfilm and everything for $4 Billions

AAAAND

They release Star Wars Episode 7 in 2015, starting a new Trilogy!

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10/30/disney-buys-out-lucasfilm-lucasarts-for-4-05-billion/

I am still busy gathering my jaw from the floor....

(Oh and welcome back MMORPG.com ^^)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347

Forum search guy, use it.

You're about five threads too late.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

Forum search guy, use it.

You're about five threads too late.

Soz, didn't see it actually.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    is this a good thing or bad thing?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

GREAT for me:) imho george was holding star wars back.. disney wouldn't be my first choice but think they can do way better than episodes I , II, and , III

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Pr0nPr0n Member UncommonPosts: 17
    More to the point, is it a REAL thing?
    Originally posted by Pr0n
    More to the point, is it a REAL thing?

looks real to me

http://www.polygon.com/2012/10/30/3577710/disney-purchases-lucasfilm-in-4-billion-acquisition-deal-includes

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

GREAT for me:) imho george was holding star wars back.. disney wouldn't be my first choice but think they can do way better than episodes I , II, and , III

hope so, back in the day i queued to get in to see Starwars at the cinema.. but the last 3 films might just have gone straight to dvd as far as im concerned, utter rubbish. so while i don't know if Disney will do any better... pretty sure they couldnt do anything worse.... probably.. image

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I agree, I think it's great news. I always thought Star Wars would die with Lucas, but now he assured it's future, which is great. Disney has proven with Pixar and Marvel that they are quite capable to continue franchises. I think this is epic news.

And yes, Lucas was more holding back Star Wars by now, agreed. He was great in making worlds and characters, but not so in making films, if you ask me.

Great news.

Originally posted by Elikal

I agree, I think it's great news. I always thought Star Wars would die with Lucas, but now he assured it's future, which is great. Disney has proven with Pixar and Marvel that they are quite capable to continue franchises. I think this is epic news.

And yes, Lucas was more holding back Star Wars by now, agreed. He was great in making worlds and characters, but not so in making films, if you ask me.

Great news.

100% agree

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Oh look, another Disney/Lucas Arts thread...

You make me like charity

• TsumoTsumo Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Does this mean we can play swg again?? maybe?? .....God how i wish :(

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Originally posted by Elikal

Great news.

100% agree

Same here.  Would love to see him consult on the new movies but not actually make them at this point.  He peaked in the 1980s for fim-making IMO.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Tsumo
    Does this mean we can play swg again?? maybe?? .....God how i wish :(

Probably not, I imagine the DisneyCorp lawyer battalions will be brutal towards all modding and emulation communities, unlike Lucas.

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

No Abrams, Whedon, Snyder or Nolan, please.

Let's spice it up a little. I want a David Fincher thriller set in the Star Wars universe! :)

• DalanonDalanon Member UncommonPosts: 126
    I'm excited about this.  I think Lucas is a visionary but not always the best screen writer or even director.  I think Disney can make a quality Star Wars trilogy with George just consulting as he said he would.  Now with that said, if it's announced Gore Verbinski is directing and Johnny Depp is going to be a space pirate, well then there's going to be issues.

Not all who wander are lost...

• LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174
    Originally posted by Nikopol

No Abrams, Whedon, Snyder or Nolan, please.

Let's spice it up a little. I want a David Fincher thriller set in the Star Wars universe! :)

If you really want to spice things up lets go for either William Friedkin, Quentin Tarantino, John Carpenter or David Lynch image

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Yep, already posted around these parts.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.