Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POLL - Who continues to play and who stops?

Comments

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by Vhaln
    Originally posted by deakon
    I just cant get past level 40 for some reason, got 3 toons to 40 but just cba to play them once i get there. It's odd, cant seem to put my finger on why, but everytime i reach 40 i lose interest in my toon?

That's around the time you get your last trait, right?  Usually a 30 point elite that turns out to be kinda useless - not a great way to top off the experience, which can make it even more discouraging.  After that, no more special skills to look forward to, or anything like that.  Just better stats and equipment.

I dunno, maybe.

Tbh I think its more to do with getting frustrated at all the broken events, not played for a 3/4 weeks tho, anyone know if they have been fixed or do they still break weekly?

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    I just cant get past level 40 for some reason, got 3 toons to 40 but just cba to play them once i get there. It's odd, cant seem to put my finger on why, but everytime i reach 40 i lose interest in my toon?

That's around the time you get your last trait, right?  Usually a 30 point elite that turns out to be kinda useless - not a great way to top off the experience, which can make it even more discouraging.  After that, no more special skills to look forward to, or anything like that.  Just better stats and equipment.

I dunno, maybe.

Tbh I think its more to do with getting frustrated at all the broken events, not played for a 3/4 weeks tho, anyone know if they have been fixed or do they still break weekly?

from 1-70 i have ran into a total of 5 bugged events.. considering i have done probably hundreds that's pretty good to me.. i will also say I have ran into several events and skill points people thought we bugged but actually were not..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    I play a total of maybe 30 hours on several classes, my highest is low 20, i grew bored of it real fast.  Last time i logged was 2 months ago.  I have no desire to play the game anymore.
  • ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758

I've played about 350 hours so far, two level 80's with exotic gear ect.

It's good times. Especially if you like WvW and dungeons :P

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

I dunno, maybe.

from 1-70 i have ran into a total of 5 bugged events.. considering i have done probably hundreds that's pretty good to me.. i will also say I have ran into several events and skill points people thought we bugged but actually were not..

When i last logged on most the events (at least half) in both the areas for my level were stuck/missing npc's/not completing. If they have sorted it I might give it another try

I dunno, maybe.

When i last logged on most the events (at least half) in both the areas for my level were stuck/missing npc's/not completing. If they have sorted it I might give it another try

i'd give it another go because I hardly see any stuck or broken events especially in the sub 70 zones

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• mrvader010mrvader010 Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Almost my intire guild has quit and seen the same thing from atleast 2 other guilds from the titan aliance. Its a cool game I think maybe I was just a little to hyped for it
  • lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

I dunno, maybe.

i'd give it another go because I hardly see any stuck or broken events especially in the sub 70 zones

Here we go again...

Why you guys even argue about this. There are close to what 60 servers in GW2? you know that all events, SP problems vary from server to server. So if DE's are stuck for him doesn't mean it is going to be same on your server. So you can run through it again and say 'everything was working for me' but that doesn't mean that problem isn't there on his server.

For example Arah, Melnadru, Grenth are all broken on my server since Halloween patch and yet working fine for others. 

Originally posted by lifeordinary

Here we go again...

Why you guys even argue about this. There are close to what 60 servers in GW2? you know that all events, SP problems vary from server to server. So if DE's are stuck for him doesn't mean it is going to be same on your server. So you can run through it again and say 'everything was working for me' but that doesn't mean that problem isn't there on his server.

For example Arah, Melnadru, Grenth are all broken on my server since Halloween patch and yet working fine for others. 

true but also many many have had fixes if you read the patch notes

• YohanuYohanu Member UncommonPosts: 215
    I hit 80 in about 8 days, i was quite addicted to it to be honest. At this point i only log in when i'm bored to play WvWvW PvP, which i play the same way i play games such as Battlefield 3 or Planetside 2. The game was still great value, and the enjoyment i had during those days was far more than any other MMO has managed to give me since Ultima Online in 1999.
  • PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

Have hit 80 and have exotics on.

Haven't logged on regularly and will keep the pace I've chosen for this game. Just to avoid overplaying and then being bored about it.

I still think it's the best RvR (WvWvW) MMO I've played since WAR.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I'm still working towards level 80 and logging in regularly, but I'm also increasingly bored and not sure how long I'll play after I get 80 and geared up. WvW has been pretty disappointing the times I've tried it and I'm not interested in farming dungeons. I voted for the first option for now but if you do the same poll again in a month or two months, I might vote differently.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

Originally posted by meddyck
    I'm still working towards level 80 and logging in regularly, but I'm also increasingly bored and not sure how long I'll play after I get 80 and geared up. WvW has been pretty disappointing the times I've tried it and I'm not interested in farming dungeons. I voted for the first option for now but if you do the same poll again in a month or two months, I might vote differently.

have you played with a WvW guild? i noticed when playing WvW originally it was pretty fun but had no clue what I was doing and just sort of followed groups around.. if you are in a WvW guild or at least meet up with one that's has a good sense of the maps it becomes like an entirely differn't game.. I also sometimes I just like to wander around and get into small skirmishes around areas which is fun as well

• thetimesthetimes Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by Caliburn101

Intelligently constructed survey - but still shows the 60/40% split between pro and con players.

Factor in the fanboi/hater bias on this site - I would GUESS at this being approximately 1:3 - then you have a pretty good approval rate.

Even if these factor out at 1:1 (which even detailed observation here really doesn't support) you still have more liking it than not.

It looks like it's 49% not having fun/not logging in. 44% having fun/still logging in.

Originally posted by thetimes

It looks like it's 49% not having fun/not logging in. 44% having fun/still logging in.

bcbully that you on another account again?:)

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456

If that's him, he's even worse at maths as before...

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

lol it sure sounds like bc!

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    I got one char to lvl 80 and enjoying the game. Have a ton of alts, first game Ive ever done that.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Have a lvl 80 Ele and still having a blast with it.... Only 35%map completion.

Got some alters at low levels (9-10 lvl) so i guess this game will give me some more months of pure enjoyness^^

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I only made it to about level 62 before I had no real drive to continue.  I really enjoyed the game at first, but this is something that normally happens to me, especially when a game is almost completely anti-social like this one and other recent MMOs.  Once I get my head fully around a game and the community by playing it for a bit, I make my mind up as to weather I care to move forward.  This one just feels like another single player themepark for me, and I've had my fill for life.

Crafting was revealed to be pointless, especially with cheap prices on the market for great gear.  Never needed food buffs, so didn't see the point of investing in cooking skill.

If you are new to themeparks, or haven't burnt out on them yet, it''s a great game.  For the rest of us, it's more of the same in a more refined package.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

i stopped playing but i think its just me getting tired of MMO in general, i have try wow expansion and i did not lvl pass 88, and the panda area was boring,

i think iam done with mmo for awhile,

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    got utterly bored after the first week..
  • just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    18.8, 17.3, 10.2 are the percentages of people still playing and enjoying it.  That's about 46.3 percent.  I imagine that that holds up to most recent games and probably surpasses some in player retention.  Remembering, however, that this is a very small cross section of the player base that is being polled here. 

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    One thing I find interesting is just how if you go by forum posts, it can seem like everyone's been sitting at 80 for a month - but according to the poll, most people (both those that are enjoying the game and those that are bored of it) haven't hit 80, yet.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by just1opinion
    18.8, 17.3, 10.2 are the percentages of people still playing and enjoying it.  That's about 46.3 percent.  I imagine that that holds up to most recent games and probably surpasses some in player retention.  Remembering, however, that this is a very small cross section of the player base that is being polled here. 

What I've seen with other games is that sites like these (enthusiast sites) can lead on trends.  That means, for example, we will typically leave a game faster than "the masses" will, but soon after you will see the trend continue.  The same thing happened with TOR.  Many of us were on this website early on making complaints about the game's issues long before the rest of the world caught on.  It just doesn't take very long for veteran MMO enthusiasts to deconstruct these issues and see the writing on the wall.

I'm sure this game will still do quite well.  The true "normal" for an MMO is likely much closer to about 500K players than any other larger numbers everyone expects.    Corporate idiots are expecting millions of players though, so who knows how this may affect the company.  Any MMO company that is expecting more than 500k players, is nuts in my opinion.  If they get more, GOOD, but if they are relying on more for long term income, they are off their rockers. Especially in a pure themepark in a saturated market.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.