Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AIka Online - Mystery Graphical Setting

HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930

Okay so for big scale PvP Aika Online is my favorite MMO (Imo it's the only point the game has and the only reason to play it as everything supportive of this end game goal leaves a lot to be desired).

There is a setting though in the graphical settings that I completely fail to understand the purpose of.  Every other setting in this game can be found in most other modern MMO's and by any intermediate to advanced user are easily understood, as to what they do and what you should set them at for your situation.

But, this one setting I am tottally lost on. It's called maximum number of targets and it can be set to steps none - steps 7.

I can find no article references any where as to what this setting does, no videos with people even attempting to explain it (even in videos that go over aika specifically), no documentation on the website, and I have never seen this setting that I can recollect in any other MMO. changing it also has no effect on gameplay so apparent that i can figure out what it actually does.

The other thing is you can only change (or even view this setting) through the in-game settings. The out of game launcher graphical settings for aika are identical accept they are missing this setting.

The pop up description says "controls the number of objects to display one screen"....what does that pertain too... it's not avatars, or hud items. obviously not in world meshes...I just don't understand this setting

If any one knows, please tell me...what the heck does this do. Because, like a pirate with a helms wheel as a belt buckle...it's been driving me nuts.

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    While I haven't played Aika, there's a good chance that it's a limit on how many things it will draw on the screen at a time.  If you have a ton of stuff going on in an area at once, players with slower computers may see frame rates fall to the point that the game is unplayable.  This can be fixed by having the game simply decline to draw some of the stuff.  One common trick is to sort the objects by distance to the player, then pick out the nearest 20 or 50 or 100 or 200 or whatever as the ones to draw and then not draw the rest.  Such a setting will only kick in when you're in a crowded area; if the game only needs to draw 30 objects, it doesn't care whether your cap is set to 50 or 100 or 200.
  • HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930
    Okay so it likely works like rezing on second life (by your icon you look like a fellow sculptor to me :P ) ?