Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• yaojie0083yaojie0083 Member Posts: 1
    yeap.... $$$ 5     and  30 days...but  only up to lvl 80 ...and  the truth is   lvl 1 - lvl 90   less than 65 hours played... u have to pay another  29.99 for Cataclysm  and 39.99 for MOP  total.  $ 75 and give u 30 days play. rofl....
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Yeah, not really as good a deal as it sounds. Your going to be paying good cash for the full game. I guess if you do like the game enough but honestly theres so many F2P games out there, many which are just better then WoW if your a new player looking for a game to play.

Only worth it if your wanting maybe a cheap taste of the game (despite free games giving a good taste without spending a cent) or if you might have friends and want to play with them.

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468
    Is it just me or are they slowly but surely getting closer to free to play up to level 80?
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Originally posted by dreamsofwar
    Is it just me or are they slowly but surely getting closer to free to play up to level 80?

No Blizzard has a lot of milking the cow to do yet.....Now there just setting the pace for ppl to pay for the expensive expantions. Blizzards marketing department knows what they are doing.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I used to think it was an absolute rip off for what they charged for WoW and other mmo's. Then I subbed to AoC for a bit, and then I subbed to Aion after that.  Now I realize that it's an absolute rip off for what they charge for WoW and other mmo's.  The biggest asset that an mmo has is the playerbase, A.K.A  YOU. And they charge you monthly for being the most important part of the game.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Well thats good deal. If you like fantasy mmo you get  best what you can get in this world of mmorpg. WOW is in Hype for over 9 years and we can see how long lasting are some new over hyped mmo's :)
  • ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by yaojie0083
    yeap.... $$$ 5     and  30 days...but  only up to lvl 80 ...and  the truth is   lvl 1 - lvl 90   less than 65 hours played... u have to pay another  29.99 for Cataclysm  and 39.99 for MOP  total.  $ 75 and give u 30 days play. rofl....

Can pick up Cataclysm for about £5 on Amazon and MoP for £20 at Simply Games, so you could have the whole package to 90 for around £30 over here, not sure what the prices are like anywhere else.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    If you click on upgrade your free account now, there is another option to get all the expansions for 59% off ($44). That also includes Mists of Pandaria.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Searias
    If you click on upgrade your free account now, there is another option to get all the expansions for 59% off ($44). That also includes Mists of Pandaria.

its not a bad deal - starter accts can upgrade fully for $45.00 (44.99)

prior to this week,

my starter acct had option to upgrade to MOP w all expansions for $60.00

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

They have to do this, and it is something EQ had to do also.   It is simply too daunting for players to have to buy the game and then buy 4 or more expansion packs.    WOW will probably pick this up, basically you buy the newest expansion for full price, the last expansion for $15-20 and the all the rest for $5-10.

Honestly, 1-80 is a LOT of content considering you can do at least 4 characters and never see the same quest twice.. how many games have at least 4 different questing paths for most of the game?  I know most games now every character goes through the exact same places... not in wow.

Even one character, for a true new player is probably 50-80 hours to get a character to level 80.  That is a lot of hours for $5 considering most SP games are like $60 and you are lucky to get 30 hrs.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

^ damn right you are :)

Seriously MoP made wow so much worse....

Rob Pardo is back on the throne of WoW to safe what can be saved before not single soul plays wow anymore.
    Ghostcrawler must be feeling terrible now Rob is back, he can pick up that broom and start wiping floors again.

To much damage done by that man...

Wonder how Titan is going if Rob can leave a big project like that ?
    Maybe Titan development is far ahead of expectations to let Rob safe the sinking ship ?

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Online trading uses a tool to alert you when Stock prices drop....I wish You could set margins to alert you when Blizzard sells WoW for $20 total.  I would like to someday start over, and with the last two expansions included BECAUSE MY ACCOUNT KEEPS GETTING HACKED AND BLIZZARD DOES NOTHING ABOUT IT.....WoW is only good for about $20 only, since they screwed it up !!

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Ugh, WoW bad, GW2 good!  Must hijack thread about WoW to promote my own game!
  • Random_mageRandom_mage Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Gw2 must be fun.. I mean, so fun you are surfing the wow forums instead of playing. I am playing gw2 because its free, thats it. The game is more repeditive then wow.

Currently playing Real Life..

http://i36.tinypic.com/2uyod3k.gif

For all your stalking needs..
    http://www.plurk.com/Random_

• DrannyDranny Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by delete5230

Online trading uses a tool to alert you when Stock prices drop....I wish You could set margins to alert you when Blizzard sells WoW for $20 total.  I would like to someday start over, and with the last two expansions included BECAUSE MY ACCOUNT KEEPS GETTING HACKED AND BLIZZARD DOES NOTHING ABOUT IT.....WoW is only good for about $20 only, since they screwed it up !!

Maybe it's your fault you keep getting hacked. get the authenticator to make your account a bit safer.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    This is a WoW discussion not GW2.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Let's see how much GW2 will cost including all updated content come 2020. Just comparing apples to apples.

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by Daft
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7628988/WoW_Battle_Chest_75_Off_–_This_Week_Only_-10_23_2012

I may give WoW a good try when they start paying people to play.  Looks as though we're getting very close to that.  he.he.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I have never actually played WoW... I would try it if there was a fresh server offered tbh.

The actual cost of entry isn't really the issue. I am sure if I started it would deliver value for money whatever. 

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Vesavius

I have never actually played WoW... I would try it if there was a fresh server offered tbh.

The actual cost of entry isn't really the issue. I am sure if I started it would deliver value for money whatever. 

I am currently subbed to WoW, I don't play that often. I leveled my Pally to 90, I dinged it with 2 more zones to finish but havn't even logged back in in almost 2 weeks. LOL. I'll get around to it I guess. I think I'm really waiting for Rift to launch. But WoW is OK, it's not that bad. It's much more shallow that it used to be but it's still fun to play once in a while. People feel bad because they don't want to feel like they are wasting their money if they don't play every day. But it's still cheaper than buying a new game every month. Especially for the MMO Hoppers. Thing with WoW is, you know exactly what you are getting. No surprises, no dissapointmetns. Of course that also means nothing to get overly excited for either.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Rob Pardo is back on the throne of WoW to save what can be saved before not single soul plays wow anymore.
    Ghostcrawler must be feeling terrible now Rob is back, he can pick up that broom and start wiping floors again.

Maybe Titan development is far ahead of expectations to let Rob safe the sinking ship ?

If this is true there might be hope for Wow going forward. Its to late for me because the issues I have with the game most likely would never get fixed. 

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Originally posted by Zeppelin4

^ damn right you are :)

Rob Pardo is back on the throne of WoW to safe what can be saved before not single soul plays wow anymore.

If this is true there might be hope for Wow going forward. Its to late for me because the issues I have with the game most likely would never get fixed. 

What issue is that?

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    Originally posted by skeaser
    Originally posted by Zeppelin4

What issue is that?

I and my wife love to level up characters. A lot changed with WOTLK that ruined this part of the game. Cata put the nail in the coffin. To name a few: account gear, nerfs to content, phasing, speed of leveling, dungeon finder. That is what I can think of at the moment I'm sure I missed a few.