Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm really nervous...

2»

Comments

• Frosting_53Frosting_53 Member Posts: 22

Ok Balerion are you really a LotR fan because seems to me you dont know what your talking about. Ok first of all the free peoples of middle earth were NOT fighting. ONLY the dwarves and elves were on bitter terms and no they were not killing each other. The Elves in the growing dark times of the 3rd Era were dissapearing off into the west and the remaining elves in middle earth did not venture far from their homes in Lothlorien,Mirkwood,the Gray Havens, and Imladris(Rivendell). And the Dwarves were even allies with those around them (Esgaroth). If you disagree with this you really need to read LotR again. I have no clue how hobbits fit in there because from what i remember the shire was actually protected by men(The Dunedain rangers), and they were on very good terms with the dwarves. The only enemy in middle earth was Mordor and its allies. The men of middle earth were not fighting each other either, Gondor was busy staving off Haradrim and Mordor, im pretty sure its men werent off parading around with Dwarven womenimage. Rohan was at war keeping safe their lands from the Uruk-Hai and the Dunlandings(wicked men who would not be playable in LotR online so no that doesnt justify pvp). If you disagree with me on this i can get some quotes for you if you would like image. Only one enemy lingered in Middle-Earth and it was Sauron and his corrupting influence.

And for the last time i need to say PvP does not make games, it even breaks them often. It has no place at all in LotR Online and anyone with a clue knows that. Lets say and elf was just killed by an Uruk-Hai: OMG DUDEZ!!!!!!!AN URUK-HAI JUST KILLED ME THATS SSSSSSSOOOOO UNFAIR IM A 1337 ELF DUDE I SHOULD BE ABLE TO KILL ANYTHING URUKS NEED TO BE NERFED. NO place in LotR pure and simple. Enormous NPC monster raids would work better, the idea of LotR was good overcoming evil, banding together and striking down a evil enemy. LotR is Tolkiens universe and anyone who has read the book would know he would not want people to be able to play the evil races of LotR. It might be too much for some gamers to accept the fact theres no pvp tough its not their decision if they dont like this, ok dont buy the game and quit whining. If at this point you still think this game needs pvp im in awe really.

I gotta say in closing Balerion, yes i think you would be better off with WoW or DaoC, LotR Online will never have pvp, either accept this fact or move on to another game. You know if you want pvp ill suggest to you Lord of the Rings:Battle for Middle Earth that sounds like something you might like.

• cpt.Balerioncpt.Balerion Member Posts: 61

Frosting_53: I'm too tired, so I haven't read whole post (but I'll read it later, I promise), only beginning of each paragraph
    so first: yes they are fighting, I don't mean fight like WARS, that's why I've mentioned fight between brother and sister, fights on street, fights in bar, fights in school, got it? ::::39:: so yes even dwarf is fighting another dwarf if they are drunk, if they both love same woman, for money, etc.
    got it? ::::39::
    second: LOTR NEED pvp, you just need imagination... LOTR is set in big world full of normal people, 2 sides (good&evil), so yes, LOTR without PvP is like blind man without his stick (or dog)
    LOTR can have the best PvP from all MMORPGs, it's the right world for PvP
    oh and BTW Battle for middle-earth is something TOTALY different, first of all it's STRATEGY, and I want RPG

darquenblade: if you didn't noticed we are on internet, we are not in school, in work or anywhere else... internet... so, actually I really don't care if I begin sentence capitalized letter or not
    you are obviously really stupid, I meant that in our language we are not using capitalized letter for every noun, so I really don't care if I write "Lord of the Rings" or "lord of the rings", it's the same thing
    but because you are so stupid, I'll explain you the difference between Balerion and Belerion:
    Balerion-ancient dragon from book "a game of thrones: song of ice&fire" (see I actually don't care about capitalized letter on ineternet)
    Belerion-well...I don't know... probably just a random word
    now, do you see the difference between those 2 words, and why I asked that guy (sorry forgot the name) to spell my nick right? it's the same thing as Peter and Pater, if you are called Peter I'm sure you'll care if someone will call you Pater and not Peter... now Peter and peter are same (the second is of course with wrong grammar but they mean the same thing)
    now I hope you already got it... sorry but are you so stupid also in real life or only here on internet?

Grindalyx:

So there is no pvp in launch, doesn't meen that pvp won't be introduced later when it fits the story line better
    I'll respond only to this, because I haven't read whole post (same as frost)
    I... DON'T.... CARE if they'll release PvP 6 months after releasing LOTR:O... as I said before, I'm not gonna pay 15$ per month for DEMO
    I'm student and I'm earning like 1,5$ per hour in my free time, so I'll think twice where to spend 15$ every month... I'm not stupid, I won't spend 30$ dollars for hundreds datadiscs jsut to finally after 1 year enjoy the LOTR...
    again Turbine isn't obviously capable to make LOTR:O properly, and the main reason in my opinion is because they are making more big projects at once...
    TURBINE is acting like THIEF, they think that players are stupid and will pay for the game, 15$ every month AND for hundreds datadiscs (well they are obviously right...)
    they are already losing players and the game isn't even released! why? because some people don't want to pay 15$ every month just to play multiplayer... yes, that's right, so far LOTR:O isn't offering more than any other Singleplayer RPG...
    how long do you think playing for 1 side, killing only mobs and playing only in Eriador will be fun??? I'll tell you how long... 14 days in trial for free (if they'll release trial)
    if LOTR:O was without monthly fees it'll be ok, because it'll be like singleplayer MMORPG in multiplayer (yup mp in games like BG is for free, even playing on battlenet D2 is free, so why should I pay for LOTR:O just to experience the same game like BG, but with chat????????????)

• GrindalyxGrindalyx Member UncommonPosts: 657

Hey I understand were you are coming from since I am disabled and I only get a set amount of money from the government a month. I would like to point out that they have not set the monthly price for this game yet. I understand that the average price for a MMORPG is between 13-15 dollars a month. I can see why you feel the way you do and i respect that.  It is sensible of you to not want to pay to play a game you do not feel has everything you want in it.

How about this we agree to disagree on what will make a good online game? I personally will play this game because i want to be part of middle earth, now wether this game holds my interest is another thing to be seen. Until then I will just keep hoping that they will make this game the best they can. They yet just might surprise us alot can happen in a year. Hope you find a game worth playing that has everything you are willing to spend money on.

imageimage

• Frosting_53Frosting_53 Member Posts: 22

now, do you see the difference between those 2 words, and why I asked that guy (sorry forgot the name) to spell my nick right? it's the same thing as Peter and Pater, if you are called Peter I'm sure you'll care if someone will call you Pater and not Peter... now Peter and peter are same (the second is of course with wrong grammar but they mean the same thing)
    now I hope you already got it... sorry but are you so stupid also in real life or only here on internet?
    Belerion was actually a character from the Silmarillion...or was it a name of a place...i cant remember its been a while since i've read the silmarillion image. I dont read the name of every poster and i skimmed over your name and since you said you were a lotr fan in a earlier post i assumed Belerion...not really that hard to mistake i thinkimage. It doesnt really matter though and i have no clue why it was brought up you've had plenty of typoes, but i didnt nitpick them image.
    On a side note im pretty sure LotR Online will include a duel option i mean every mmorpg has dueling right? That's essentially pvp in a way i suppose.
  • darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

Originally posted by cpt.Balerion
    darquenblade: if you didn't noticed we are on internet, we are not in school, in work or anywhere else... internet... so, actually I really don't care if I begin sentence capitalized letter or not
    you are obviously really stupid, I meant that in our language we are not using capitalized letter for every noun, so I really don't care if I write "Lord of the Rings" or "lord of the rings", it's the same thing
    but because you are so stupid, I'll explain you the difference between Balerion and Belerion:
    Balerion-ancient dragon from book "a game of thrones: song of ice&fire" (see I actually don't care about capitalized letter on ineternet)
    Belerion-well...I don't know... probably just a random word

If you really ever want me to take anything you say seriously, then quit being lazy and say what you mean the FIRST TIME. Oh, and I love your explanation on what the two spellings of your FICTIONAL name mean...you didn't even have a definition for the second one. Let's see, you called me stupid three times in this single post; weren't you the one that was accusing me of childish insults earlier?

Now that I'll be gone, have fun with all the people on this thread that agree with you (oh wait, there aren't any).

EDIT: Glad to see you actually changed your profile; I'm impressed.

• GrindalyxGrindalyx Member UncommonPosts: 657

True almost every mmorpg that I have played have some kind of dueling option. Grant it it isn't all out free for all pvp which IMO i can do without. I know not everyone looks at it this way and i understand that. If someone is being a pain in the arse and bugging me having the option to duel them is suffiecent for me. And if they are to chicken to accept then that just shows there playing ability. I know this isn't the type of pvp that most want but it just might be the only type we will see in LOTRO at launch. If we see any.

Beleriand is the name of the land of middle earth in the simarillion. Look at the map of middle earth for that time period. And yes i can see it being an honest mistake that anyone could make.

imageimage

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

Balerion,

Even though I still stand by everything I've said to you thus far in this thread, I will nevertheless apologize if you think I have been insulting you. The past few days have been pretty stressful for me, and because of that I think I've been arguing with you more harshly than I normally would I think.

I still don't agree at all with your views of where this game is headed or where it needs to go, but I apologize for my attitude, because I realize that I can be kind of an ass sometimes. However, hopefully you also realize that you were being quite childish yourself.

In any event, I raise my white flag. Truce.

• ZaizasZaizas Member Posts: 32

Yeah! You're right dude!

They make serious mistakes .... But let's give it a try huh?

I think i gonna play it when it comes. But if it sucks, i'll quit it, before you can say: "The one ring is mine!"

- Zaizas

Playin': Nothing
    Played: EverQuest
    EverQuest II
    World of Warcraft

• DevoraanDevoraan Member Posts: 23

what is everyone so worried about, PvP is nothing special, and if it wont fit LotR, it doesnt fit LotR. Plain and simple.image

i bet they will add more land as an expansion such as where the evil men are for higher level people in the future, so stop jumping around like the worst has happened and just make the best of it.image

to the people who judge a game before they even put the box in their hand, need to atleast try the game, and for the people who said "shutup n00b, im gonna play it and im gonna quit it if it sucks" well thats pretty good. but when it comes, ill get it and if it sucks, ill play it anyway. . .image

kinda pointless speech eh?image

• SlagggSlaggg Member Posts: 221
    Hehe.  Not nearly as pointless as bitching and moaning about a game feature that isn't going to be included, and then expect the post to actually make a lick of difference.

"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me...Blow."--Ash, "Army of Darkness"