Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Insane Dev releasing game after 17 years in development, needs only 250k

So a while back I was in the Wizardry forums and was looking at the SOE published MMO they are coming out with. Well I still don't know what is going on with that but someone gave me the heads up on one of the original developers who worked on Wiz 7 and an early version of Wiz 8 that never got released is making his own game.

Why is that enough to post here? Well the game is revenge for the people who actually made Wiz 8. He hates every one of them and has said how they had diidos in their bathrooms to underage boy sex slaves chained in their houses. He also says that many of the monsters in Wiz 8 had phallic imagery to push a secret gay agenda in crpg gaming.

This same person aslo left the US and i s building a secret bunker in Australia for when the coming race war happens. He believes that he is desended from the Neandeethals and that he is superior physically and mentally to us regular humans.

In short, I have never laughed so much as I have in the last few weeks. Here is the thing though, everyone who has played hi game said it is probaly one of the greatest games every made for that genre and that if he realeased it back in the 90's it would be counted as one of the all time classics. But the guy is insan so he has taken his sweet time ans spent like 250k of his won money that he is looking to get back.

Now you figur he would use Kickstarter like everyone else, of course not, this guy doesn't do anything by the book. He is on indiegogo and the drive is going for like 4 months. He has got about 3500 bucks so far out of 250k so it hasn't done great but many people seemed excitied about it.

But the point is not to try to sell you on this, just to show you quite possibly the best crowdfunding video in history:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDyXSCd2Lp0&feature=plcp

The guys name is Cleveland Mark Blakemore by the way and you can google him for more fun. Personally I am pledging just out the sheer entertainment this guy has given me over the past few weeks. If only it were a MMO....

Comments

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476
    250K for that?
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

I see no evidence that the game has been worked on for longer than 18 months.   The guy has been working on it over this period of time, probably inventing most the backstory of it's development and inflammatory comments.  I doubt anyone has actually played it and given honest account of if it's good or not.

He's not insane, he's just trying to get attention for his project, and he's not on kickstarter likely because amazon would not approve him for payments.  Which is a red flag right there.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

WFT did he work 1 hour a day for 17 years or what?

Nothing special at all about that game, must be some epic troll atempt.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Best crowdsourcing for a video game? No, that would go to Chris Roberts for his crowdsourcing for the new Wing Commander game (yes, Wing Commander). You young ones may not remember it, but the series was pretty spectacular. He raised over $1 million USD in 9 days. He needs 1 million more. 

And this game looks lovely.

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

Well I did tell you the guy was insane. He went over the the Shaker Kickstarter page and pretty much went berserk on them. I think he has stoped now but he was going at it for a while.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lootdrop/an-old-school-rpg-by-brenda-brathwaite-and-tom-hal/comments

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

He should team up with Derek Smart.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by Pynda

He should team up with Derek Smart.

... or Phil Fish.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Originally posted by adam_nox

I see no evidence that the game has been worked on for longer than 18 months.   The guy has been working on it over this period of time, probably inventing most the backstory of it's development and inflammatory comments.  I doubt anyone has actually played it and given honest account of if it's good or not.

He's not insane, he's just trying to get attention for his project, and he's not on kickstarter likely because amazon would not approve him for payments.  Which is a red flag right there. 

Lol more likely hes not from US and thus can't create a kickstarter.  -.-

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

Yeah he kind of went over this, he is from Australia and he couldn't get a payment method worked out with Kickstarter and Amazon so he had to go to Indiegogo

Also new vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPrOsNehxsM