Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tried the free trial. Well, I say 'tried'...

And yeah, after almost a year, I got stuck on the initial loading screen. You know, the one before the companies' logos and the cinematic. I did made it to the server selection, one time. After selecting a server, it got stuck on the loading screen after that.

So, yep. Fun shit.

You know, I have a ton of f2p mmos installed right now that I really like, plus GW2. maybe I should just stick with the ones that *dont* get stuck on loading screens. Like all of them.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    It's a computer game so things like this can happen.  Skyrim did the same thing on my PC until I reinstalled.  While SWTOR may have it's share of problems, installing usually isn't the big one.  

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by Magaskaweel

And yeah, after almost a year, I got stuck on the initial loading screen. You know, the one before the companies' logos and the cinematic. I did made it to the server selection, one time. After selecting a server, it got stuck on the loading screen after that.

So, yep. Fun shit.

You know, I have a ton of f2p mmos installed right now that I really like, plus GW2. maybe I should just stick with the ones that *dont* get stuck on loading screens. Like all of them.

So far, I have heard that this is a problem for all of one person.

What kind of computer do you have?

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• MagaskaweelMagaskaweel Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

So, yep. Fun shit.

So far, I have heard that this is a problem for all of one person.

What kind of computer do you have?

Then you live in a fucking cave. Google 'swtor stuck on loading screen' and join us in 2012.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Originally posted by MadDemon64 Originally posted by Magaskaweel And yeah, after almost a year, I got stuck on the initial loading screen. You know, the one before the companies' logos and the cinematic. I did made it to the server selection, one time. After selecting a server, it got stuck on the loading screen after that.   So, yep. Fun shit. You know, I have a ton of f2p mmos installed right now that I really like, plus GW2. maybe I should just stick with the ones that *dont* get stuck on loading screens. Like all of them.
    So far, I have heard that this is a problem for all of one person. What kind of computer do you have?

Then you live in a fucking cave. Google 'swtor stuck on loading screen' and join us in 2012.

Says the guy blogging his diary on the forums... sounds like a personal problem kiddo.

• ByntBynt Member Posts: 35

So, yep. Fun shit.

There is a customer support phone number, you can Call Technical Support directly and Talk to a Person to help you resolve your technical issues.  Welcome to a AAA title where you can work out these issues with a Real person on the phone.

I would not advise coming to a site not directly associated with the game and look for technical support as that would not be be a optimal solution.  Also some additional advice, when you call for assistance, I would advise not swearing at them, that usually doesn't get your issue resolved in a timely fashion!  Courtesy mends bridges, Hate destroys them.

Edited: typo's

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Rofl.  Anything to hate on a game, especially this one.  Nope, I've never crashed in the middle of a dungeon in GW2, or been booted for no reason, or had the download stop.  And every single time, it was Anets' fault, not mine or my computer!

When I played WoW and running through certain areas would cause my game to crash, obviously acti/blizz was just being the evil corporation that they are. 

I'm positive that any game that has been out for over a day NEVER has a problem like this!!!111

Originally posted by strangepower

Says the guy blogging his diary on the forums... sounds like a personal problem kiddo.

I made this post to rant a bit on something that pissed me off in a mmo. You came here to drop a shitty one-liner that offer no help whatsoever.

Being an alcoholic is a 'personal problem'. Having a piece of software not work as intended is not.

I did fix swtor a few minutes ago btw.

I blogged my diary on the forums? Well, you clicked on it and read it. Whos the sad one?

• lucasdeislucasdeis Member Posts: 59

So, yep. Fun shit.

BW is changing many things, you didn't try the new changes that are coming the next week. look these post http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/22121-bioware-responds-to-community-concerns-regarding

and 

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/22123-bioware-details-preferred-status

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212

I tried the free trial and loved it.

Just to counter-balance this godawful original post.

• lucasdeislucasdeis Member Posts: 59

So, yep. Fun shit.

you know you are trying just the PST? they change more things, dob't be stupid and wait

Originally posted by lucasdeis

So, yep. Fun shit.

BW is changing many things, you didn't try the new changes that are coming the next week. look these post http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/22121-bioware-responds-to-community-concerns-regarding

and 

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/22123-bioware-details-preferred-status

Yeah, I've been paying attention to all of that stuff, which is why I decided to give this another go. The loading screen bug just creeped up again and I made the mistake of ranting a bit here. Wasnt expecting to get jumped by the forum warriors of this site like I did.

• JobeArthurJobeArthur Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Originally posted by Bynt

So, yep. Fun shit.

There is a customer support phone number, you can Call Technical Support directly and Talk to a Person to help you resolve your technical issues.  Welcome to a AAA title where you can work out these issues with a Real person on the phone.

I would not advise coming to a site not directly associated with the game and look for technical support as that would not be be a optimal solution.  Also some additional advice, when you call for assistance, I would advise not swearing at them, that usually doesn't get your issue resolved in a timely fashion!  Courtesy mends bridges, Hate destroys them.

Edited: typo's

Heh reminds me when I was young and working on a tech support help desk. I would get an angry dude on a call and tell them to please hold as I'm going to transfer them to our office in India... they became so much nicer after that.

• ByntBynt Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by JobeArthur

*snip*

Heh reminds me when I was young and working on a tech support help desk. I would get an angry dude on a call and tell them to please hold as I'm going to transfer them to our office in India... they became so much nicer after that.

LoL, too funny!

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    OP has left and the thread had devolved into namecalling, so just locking this one.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.