Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone check out the Market yet?

So I guess they put the Market and 1.5 up in beta. Just wondering if anyone has checked it out and can say what it has or say their opinions on it.

Edit: Looking around I found this: http://dulfy.net/2012/10/23/swtor-cartel-market-items/

Comments

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Just to be more specific, yes, the Cartel Market is now live on the PTS. Does this mean it will deploy with 1.5? Only BW knows for sure.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

I just checked out the market. It made me laugh pretty hard.

I knew they were stripping the game down to zero for f2p but I had no idea how bad it would be lmao!  There is paid unlocks for Unify Color, Hide Head Slot, Show Title, and Show Legacy Name.  LMAO

F2P can't even use the damn unify color to chest armor option hahahaha.

One thing that bugs me is that you can buy lightsaber crystals that give 41 expertise (pvp stat) for lvl 35+.  From my experience in the game if you can stack expertise in the 1-49 bracket you can really destroy faces.  My scoundrel would stack it in every slot at lvl 42 and just roflstomp people till 50.  And 41 expertise at lvl 35 is a lot compared to what the pvp gear gives in the 40's.

And then there is the packs.  I spent my 2.4kcc on these to see what I would get.  I got 3 copies of the same speeder, the nightshade something or other... It is clone of the rank 1 speeder just painted purple.

2 frop pets, 2 flying bat pets (2 means the same exact thing)

a ton of minor boosts to xp, valor, etc..

and a rare moddable headgear that had the exact same graphic as the dancer moddable gear from the security vendor/nar shadaa social vendor.

Really the only thing that seems worth a shit in the entire market is the xp boosts so you can zoom through stories faster.

or buy 2 expertise crystals for your sent/marauder and own the crap out of the lowbies in pvp games.

Edit: Also the cartel packs drop little bags of credits sometimes.  50k credits per bag.  It dropped 2/4 cartel packs.  Easy creds if you got a lot of real money to burn.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362
    I guess looking at the list I linked to, the main question I had was are they totally putting Legacy on sale? It looks like Speeder Training, Races, all that are being sold bu the notes didn't say subscribers would get them. Any who was in beta know how that is working?
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

If from what i am hearing and reading this would end up putting the nails in the lid. All that would need to be done is actually carried to the hole and buried.

Yes i am currently playing it but i am starting to get bored and these notes (plus bugs and game issue's) that are done with each new patch update are not really saying hey we are working on it but hey were only trainee's too as the main coders have been moved onto other things (or released).

Legacy is pretty much on sale.

They aren't actually selling unlocks for it like the XP boost perks.  But they do sell items you can consume that do the exact same thing.  They sell race unlocks, teleports to fleet and sector x, all of the speeder trainers.

So Legacy is pretty much open to buy.  The speeder trainers are actually easier to just get off the market if you have the cartel coins instead of wasting credits.

I don't want to jump to conclusions yet because it "could" still change before going live, but as it is right now the market is pay to win in a few ways.

Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge

So they set us to full f2p today..

Holy jesus they have monotized the ENTIRE game, even down to the basic UI functions.  This f2p is not a f2p lmao.  It's free to log in, walk around and look at the world play to lvl 20 or so until you get to many abilities.. why?

Because you get 1 hotbar.... 1. And you get about a billion abilities in this game.  We were all huddled up by the cargo hold on the fleet because we couldn't talk in chat more than once a minute.

Hopefully EA eases up on the restrictions a bit so a f2p can at least use the ui...

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

I looked this over just today. If I could have known that this was going to happen to SWTOR in Dec 2011 I would have been absoultely sick and surely wouldn't have even considered buying the CE.

CE now gets me 4 hotbars back. whoopie. Or if I sub I get buy to win lootz.

So disgusted. image

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by bingbongbros
    So they set us to full f2p today.. Holy jesus they have monotized the ENTIRE game, even down to the basic UI functions.  This f2p is not a f2p lmao.  It's free to log in, walk around and look at the world play to lvl 20 or so until you get to many abilities.. why? Because you get 1 hotbar.... 1. And you get about a billion abilities in this game.  We were all huddled up by the cargo hold on the fleet because we couldn't talk in chat more than once a minute. Hopefully EA eases up on the restrictions a bit so a f2p can at least use the ui...

Yikes that sounds awful.