Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is what makes me smile

sofakingdumbsofakingdumb Member Posts: 54

Because after I played CB, I warned all the Fan Bois they sound silly over hyping the game. They just trolled me, and usually this site banned my account for 2 weeks and removed or blocked my threads. Even though THE SAME OR OTHER critics were writting here...or even though the trolls used super nasty language, they prefer to cover up the truth and promote fan boi trolls. Any ways... Read and weep. I think this far down the road every one knows this game has flopped already. 

http://my.mmosite.com/2281165/blog/item/death_of_an_industry_or_why_isnt_anyone_playing_guild_wars_2.html

"Guild Wars 2 was not the revolution it was supposed to be, I don't care what sites like MMORPG.com says. They can tout the success of the game all they want, but I see parallels  to titles like The Old Republic and Age of Conan. Both of those had great first time sales and the community proclaimed them to be huge hits. Both of those faded quickly, were relabeled failures, and repackaged as free to play titles.

At least GW2 did away with the monthly fee to begin with. Yet, it still feels like no one wants to play the damn thing already. Everyone bought it because they believed someone finally got it right, and while they made progress, they did not break the glass ceiling.

Most, if not all MMO's, do see a drop in player activity after that first month. Once the newness wears off people go looking for the next big thing, and the real testament to a games life span is how many people come back. I have yet to see a single friend log in in weeks, and I've checked multiple times a day just to see for myself if they do. "

ahahahahha

Comments

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

You must find it really hard to believe that there are people who still enjoy the game.

Making threads like this just makes you seem really obnoxious really, like you just have to hear that you're right, which is kind of sad.

If you want to hear that the games failed, It hasn't, might not be revolutionary but It sure is a step in the right direction.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

So you posting someones feeling from a blog makes you smile?  Grats I guess.  But blog posts are like arse holes, every one has one.

Well, what makes me smile is knowing GW2 has the 2nd largest MMO playerbase and is growing almsot 2 months into the game whereas all other MMO's usually lose players.

Ohh and In before another ban?  Sounds liek someone doesnt learn LOL.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Why is this a suprise?  Stop beating a dead horse already.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Ugh. It's a flop because someone typed up their negaitve opinion about it? Really?

Dude, stop wasting everyone's time.

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Well, what makes me smile is knowing GW2 has the 2nd largest MMO playerbase and is growing almsot 2 months into the game whereas all other MMO's usually lose players.

GW2 isn't growing. It's losing players just like any other MMO has the past years.

Overflow zones were no longer necessary just 2 weeks after launch and last week when I logged in my low level ALT for last time during EU prime time, the starting zones were already feeling empty with hardly anyone around.

But hey.... nothing new for me at least. As we've seen this trend for years now.

But I won't say it's a flop tho. They sold enough boxes and very likely already break even and made a profit on box sales alone.

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273

I consider myself a pretty amiable and fair person, but I have to admit to a certain feeling of satisfaction as people slowly realise that GW2 is an illusion.

Almost everything supposedly good about it was something I just didn't understand. I've tried accepting that I might be very wrong - and that I just couldn't see the "genius" of ArenaNet. I bought the game and forced myself to play for two weeks - because I felt it had to be special in some way, to have attained that level of hype and positive response from so many gamers.

Turns out I was all too right, and the game is even more hollow than I would ever have expected.

It has really been something to behold, though. Because the level of stubborn insistence from fans is staggering. Now, I'm not denying the game can be fun or that WvW is pretty good for what it is (if you're into that sort of thing).

But the preaching about how super limited progression, no trinity, pointless dynamic events without story and so on are supposed to be revolutionary - or even evolutionary is just unfathomable.

The game is much more of a step back than forward. The only step forward I can recognise is the no sub model and the excellent technical state of the game, in terms of server technology and patching processes.

But the game, story and world are just bland to me.

I'm pleased that it's on the decline, because maybe it means we don't have to go down that path again with the genre.

• VenomaniaVenomania Member Posts: 40

Losing players? uh, have you logged in recently? World population is Medium - high and - full. With Full servers in healthy quantities at peak times. On my Realm there are ALWAYS people around me when Leveling. Having just played a week or two leveling in WoW with all this new cross realm stuff. GW2 feels a hundred times more populated and active. The Halloween event has bolstered the population also, with Lions Arch and starting zones feeling over populated. Luckily thanks to the core mechanics having more people around you killing the same mobs doing the same DE's is a good thing. Or else it would be annoying lol. 

GW2 may not be the comming of Jebus the sausage lover, you may not like it or understand why others do. But you need do no more than log in and see for yourself to know the game is thriving, people are putting hours and hours into the game. The population is high and constantly increasing. There are new Guilds poping up regu7larly recruiting new players. Content and Events are being added giving the more hardcore even more things to do.

The game is far from being a flop, or even bad.... 

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273

Nothing is objectively bad. GW2 is a fine casual game for people without an interest in dedicating themselves or the time it takes to do it.

As for being a flop, it most certainly isn't. I suspect it's quite successful.

But it's only a matter of a few months before the majority stops playing it. There's simply nothing there - and no amount of new content will change the core of what the game is.

That's my claim, at least.

Let's look back in january 2013. We'll see if it's still thriving.

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

so we are trading smiles here? well, your post made me actually rofl :D

GW2 a flop ... you are a smile-trader!

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    GW2 s definitely not a flop. It sold a more than decent amount of boxes, plus it features a cash shop appealing enough for people to actually defend it. The last cash shop that I've seen people defend was the LOTRO one and I've seen a few defend Aion's.
    Originally posted by DKLond

Nothing is objectively bad. GW2 is a fine casual game for people without an interest in dedicating themselves or the time it takes to do it.

As for being a flop, it most certainly isn't. I suspect it's quite successful.

But it's only a matter of a few months before the majority stops playing it. There's simply nothing there - and no amount of new content will change the core of what the game is.

That's my claim, at least.

Let's look back in january 2013. We'll see if it's still thriving.

GW2 development costs guestimate around the 50-60 million mark and with over 2 million units sold in the first month, they basically already broke even and  made a huge profit.

So even if all the servers die out in the coming months (which is highly likely seeing the trend with themepark MMO's lately), ArenaNet already made all the profit they need to continue working on the first paid expac.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Weather i like or disliike the current state of GW2 is beside the fact that, anyone who takes any article posted on MMOsite seriously needs to really rethink what it is they are supporting. 

MMOsite is by far one of the absolute worst website's to ever spend any amount of time, when it pertains to MMOs or actual gaming news. Its just a site for massive advertising with zero journalistic integrity. Not like many gaming sites are credible when it comes to journalism, but at least most make an attempt.

To top it off, it makes my anti-virus programs go nutso just visiting it. 

Lolipops !

• vort3xvort3x Member Posts: 129

OP also made me smile, but he also made me feel sorry for him.

OMG all these mixed emotions, I can't handle it!!!!!

Oh, and no, GW2 will not die, take my word on that.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

So you posting someones feeling from a blog makes you smile?  Grats I guess.  But blog posts are like arse holes, every one has one.

No it hasn't, where do you get your information from lol.

PW has way more players than GW2.

Linage 2 has more players than GW2.

Drakansang Online has 9+ million players.

That's just three that have far more players that GW2. If you are going to make silly claims at least know what you are talking about before you do.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Don't forget the last part of that saying: And they all stink!

But yeah, GW2 a failure? Right. The Second Coming? Not really. A great free MMO, yeppers! But at least you got to smile today.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• tv2zulutv2zulu Member UncommonPosts: 73

What makes me smile, is that somebody with your username is crying about how the other kids talked mean words to you.

Not that you found a comment from Joe Random in the far reaches of the internet that talks negatively about GW2. Geez, you could have just picked one from here, there's loads of those.

Of course that would kinda defeat the point you're trying to make; that this is now about MMORPG.com and not the game itself.

So just a small word of advice, step away from the forums before you get really mad, okay?

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    Originally posted by Rimmersman

Well just yesterday there were news that Bigpoint is closing all offices in US b/c their games are doing much worse then they said. So I wouldn't count that game has that many players =p

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

That's just three that have far more players that GW2. If you are going to make silly claims at least know what you are talking about before you do.

F2P games tend to report their players at CREATED ACCOUNTS, not active accounts

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by DKLond

I consider myself a pretty amiable and fair person, but I have to admit to a certain feeling of satisfaction as people slowly realise that GW2 is an illusion.

Almost everything supposedly good about it was something I just didn't understand. I've tried accepting that I might be very wrong - and that I just couldn't see the "genius" of ArenaNet. I bought the game and forced myself to play for two weeks - because I felt it had to be special in some way, to have attained that level of hype and positive response from so many gamers.

Turns out I was all too right, and the game is even more hollow than I would ever have expected.

It has really been something to behold, though. Because the level of stubborn insistence from fans is staggering. Now, I'm not denying the game can be fun or that WvW is pretty good for what it is (if you're into that sort of thing).

But the preaching about how super limited progression, no trinity, pointless dynamic events without story and so on are supposed to be revolutionary - or even evolutionary is just unfathomable.

The game is much more of a step back than forward. The only step forward I can recognise is the no sub model and the excellent technical state of the game, in terms of server technology and patching processes.

But the game, story and world are just bland to me.

I'm pleased that it's on the decline, because maybe it means we don't have to go down that path again with the genre.

Highlighted the important part. People failed to understand what Anet was actually saying when talking about the game and got a completely wrong view of what the game was going to be.

The game isa large step forwards, but the nay sayers will never admit that and only focus on the things their misconceptions about the game to "prove" the game isn't what anet said it would be.

Originally posted by QSatu

Well just yesterday there were news that Bigpoint is closing all offices in US b/c their games are doing much worse then they said. So I wouldn't count that game has that many players =p

Until it closes it still has more players than GW2 and let's not just concentrate on Drakansang, PW and Lineage 2 both have more players than GW2.

Nope GW2 does not have the second largest player base, it's a fact.

Stick to the point i made, does GW2 have the second largest player base that was claimed in this thread.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Hahahahahahahahaha this the best laugh I had this week so far, the extra posts helped. I'm not being sarcastic, any way you guys enjoy life and peace. Thanks for making me smile as well OP.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Originally posted by kishe

F2P games tend to report their players at CREATED ACCOUNTS, not active accounts

All dev teams claim higher numbers, let's stick to the point.

Does GW2 have the second largest player base, nope it does not.

All MMOs report created accounts and not active accounts, that's not just F2P devs, that's a whole other topic but nice try.

GW2 is far away from the second largest mmo player base, i know it's hard to take but it's a fact.

I'm off, no more to be said really.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

Only ANET knows if game is growing or not. My server is full so it is all good. So far no official statement has been made in this regard.

However, you are the same guy who made a topic about imaginary server being added to GW2 because population is growing so much. I will take anything you say with a grain of salt.

Your credibility = zero.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Wow I wonder how many people are still playing GW2. I quit quite awhile ago.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    I don't think that a maniacal cackle with a twitching eye is perceived as a smile, OP. But anyway, gl with your crusade.
This discussion has been closed.