Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not played? Battle chest for less than half a months sub!

ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Blizzard are advertising the new battle chest digital download for only £4 (Eur 5 or $5 US) which includes WoW with the Burning Crusade and Lich King expansions now as well as your first months sub, so if you have never played before you can have a look and get a feel for whether you like the game or not without an huge outlay.

I believe that the Panda's start area will also be available to you no matter what level of expansion you have, although you won't have access to Pandaria as a whole without upgrading to that (which of course requires Cataclysm as well).

Link - http://eu.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=210000104

£4 for a little nostalgia, a dip in the waters if you haven't tried it before or just a month of annoying trade chatter, what are you waiting for?

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Comments

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

It's also available on the US version (5$):

http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=110000044

It's actually tempting, I played WoW a lot back in the day but in euro servers and always toyed with the idea of getting an US account (I'm in Venezuela)... :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Originally posted by Shadoed

Blizzard are advertising the new battle chest digital download for only £4 (Eur 5 or $5 US) which includes WoW with the Burning Crusade and Lich King expansions now as well as your first months sub, so if you have never played before you can have a look and get a feel for whether you like the game or not without an huge outlay.

I believe that the Panda's start area will also be available to you no matter what level of expansion you have, although you won't have access to Pandaria as a whole without upgrading to that (which of course requires Cataclysm as well).

Link - http://eu.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=210000104

£4 for a little nostalgia, a dip in the waters if you haven't tried it before or just a month of annoying trade chatter, what are you waiting for?

Your good at marketing

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by delete5230

Your good at marketing

Nah, just a man with an eye for a bargain (or rip off, depending on your Blizzard lean i guess) ;-)

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561
    does this offer apply for new accounts only? What about Started edition accounts that have never subscribed? Do they get the one month free?
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Wow, $5 is a great deal. I think it cost me $130 to buy the game and both expansions.

Originally posted by pupurun
    does this offer apply for new accounts only? What about Started edition accounts that have never subscribed? Do they get the one month free?

well i got a starter edition account with lots of lvl 20 and under toons.Never bought anything or even subbed at WOW. A year a go i also got as a gift a retail copy of Cataclysm. So now my question is:

Can i buy the battle chest offer for my existing starter account  and do i take the free month?

Or do i have to create a new account in order to get the free month.

* I am aware tha my Cata box will also give me another month .

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

well i got a starter edition account with lots of lvl 20 and under toons.Never bought anything or even subbed at WOW. A year a go i also got as a gift a retail copy of Cataclysm. So now my question is:

Can i buy the battle chest offer for my existing starter account  and do i take the free month?

Expansions usually don't come witha free month.When i bought cataclysm at launch i still ahd to buy a sub in order to play so i doubt yours will give you 30 days of game time.

If it does then it is nice for you.

Originally posted by Zadawn

Expansions usually don't come witha free month.When i bought cataclysm at launch i still ahd to buy a sub in order to play so i doubt yours will give you 30 days of game time.

If it does then it is nice for you.

Oh but my box has a sticker onto it saying that it comes with 30 days(its still sealed)

• hpy7871hpy7871 Member Posts: 14
    You can use the battle chest to upgrade a starter account and you will get the free month