Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SV No punishment for hackers/duping

2»

Comments

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by Cyde77
    Originally posted by myndziuss

Lol, i was waiting for someone to say this.

Guess who told AQ that templarz was duping.

I dont get this post

me to ?? but i will guess... Discord?

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Grikeable

Couple days back there was a dupe released in MO, This guy then posted this on the MO forums, Paratus then quickly removed this post also said the dupe was fixed and the player had been banned, Now the next day I see the supposedly banned player, PVP'ing against us, yeah...WTF?

So I message Discord saying hey whats up with this?

--------

ME: So whats Vestia doing playing Mortal again? PVP'ing with DERPIINA?character. When hes banned for duping?

<[LGM]Discord> we ban the accounts not the persons alts if there is no offense on?the account we don't touch it

ME: that is ridiculous, sorry.

[06:38.10] <[LGM]Discord> can't always prove intent if I banned every account attached to a?cheater I woudln't have any players

[06:38.23] <[LGM]Discord> remember you guys do share accounts

ME: he didnt even get banned then because he did this on a trial account. gg

<[LGM]Discord> Maybe I should make the dupe procedures public, it might make?more sense

ME: Yeah I ended convo when he said that.

---------

So right now in MO there are dupes and hackers going around in game, with no support whatsoever. We are gutted that a great game like MO is coming down to this, MO you have a great CM that diserves a better position. I think Henrik is being kept away from the light here and doesn't even know whats going on in his own game.

I agree with the policy, you can't ban accounts that have no problems because of another account.  Sorry you feel it should be that way but in all honesty that is retarded. One of the reason I have two  accounts at minimum in every game I play, in case I need to control the douchebags with force. One account for good, one account for evil, simple as that.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Easy fix.

Somebody dupe Mortal Online and fix it.

So much crap, so little quality.

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by Cyde77
    Originally posted by myndziuss

Lol, i was waiting for someone to say this.

Guess who told AQ that templarz was duping.

I dont get this post

Not sure myself

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Betaguy

I agree with the policy, you can't ban accounts that have no problems because of another account. 

Youre entitled to your opinionimage, but allowing KNOWN hackers, dupers and exploiters back in game only encourages more of the same. Theres NO RISK is using a trial account to hack,dupe and cheat.  So they ban your free trial, no big deal get another. WTF???

How do you not see a problem with this??? image

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by Hancakes

I agree with the policy, you can't ban accounts that have no problems because of another account. 

Youre entitled to your opinionimage, but allowing KNOWN hackers, dupers and exploiters back in game only encourages more of the same. Theres NO RISK is using a trial account to hack,dupe and cheat.  So they ban your free trial, no big deal get another. WTF???

How do you not see a problem with this??? image

At this point SV is honestly in a no win situation... Most of their playerbase cheats (admittedly via the GM) and if you throw in gamma hacking and such I would say nearly everyone has cheated. MO has ALWAYS been about making money even at the cost of having a "fair game"- SV spends FAR MORE resourses covering up things than trying to fix them.

DF is coming very soon and the already abysmall player base will certainly take another hit.

At this point  think its nearly impossible to really be banned from the game for doing...Anything. That $15/month is ALL that matters to SV regardless of how much duping/cheating etc goes on.

Its always been this way - But NOW its far worse since there isnt much of a playerbase left.

• myndziussmyndziuss Member UncommonPosts: 26

ix told AQ that templarz was duping. He isnt in ix.

Also the fact he is banned.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Youre entitled to your opinion, but allowing KNOWN hackers, dupers and exploiters back in game only encourages more of the same. Theres NO RISK is using a trial account to hack,dupe and cheat.  So they ban your free trial, no big deal get another. WTF???

How do you not see a problem with this???

If the account is created under different credentials then it would be unethical to ban on a suspicion.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Nitth

Youre entitled to your opinion, but allowing KNOWN hackers, dupers and exploiters back in game only encourages more of the same. Theres NO RISK is using a trial account to hack,dupe and cheat.  So they ban your free trial, no big deal get another. WTF???

How do you not see a problem with this???

If the account is created under different credentials then it would be unethical to ban on a suspicion.

Suspicion of what? Theres no question regarding the persons identity.

If a car thiefs only punishment is having to give the car back if caught, why would they ever stop stealing cars?

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    New bag exploit going around atm that allows people to exploit a bag and transfer items from anywhere to their bank or from town to town. I hang out and game with different groups and it seems most everyone is using it lately. SV likely to do nothing to offenders.