Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I find it amusing

strousestrouse Member Posts: 114
that they blow whatever $ they may have left on motion capture animations when they really should be spending it on making some actual gameplay features..

Comments

• SandyarSandyar Member Posts: 66

They got it for free. It was the asian company Snailgame that spend the resources.

Have you ever been involved in development? Have you ever been forced by marketing to spend time on unproductive prototypes or write documents on things that maybe never become reality?

Be happy that the developers focus on keep the deadline if you at all plan to play the game.

• strousestrouse Member Posts: 114

You don't get anything for free. So they don't mind spending money on motion capture animations but yet no publisher will publish the game commercially for another 6 months because it's THAT unfinished.

and people wonder why people say the whole project is a big POS.

• stone-seraphstone-seraph Member Posts: 376

Originally posted by strouse
    that they blow whatever $ they may have left on motion capture animations when they really should be spending it on making some actual gameplay features..
    who says they are short on money? who says they dont have gameplay features?
    You don't get anything for free. So they don't mind spending money on motion capture animations but yet no publisher will publish the game commercially for another 6 months because it's THAT unfinished.
    they have had the plan for digital release then 6 months later box release for at least a year, before they could have known if it would have been "unfinished" which nobody knows if it is in that state anyways
    and people wonder why people who have never played the game say the whole project is a big POS whitout any evidence.

Make of it what you will.

• mugboy312mugboy312 Member Posts: 141

Originally posted by stone-seraph
    who says they are short on money? who says they dont have gameplay features?
    You don't get anything for free. So they don't mind spending money on motion capture animations but yet no publisher will publish the game commercially for another 6 months because it's THAT unfinished.
    they have had the plan for digital release then 6 months later box release for at least a year, before they could have known if it would have been "unfinished" which nobody knows if it is in that state anyways
    and people wonder why people who have never played the game say the whole project is a big POS whitout any evidence.

pwnage

"who says they dont have gameplay features?"

beta testers. image

"they have had the plan for digital release then 6 months later box release for at least a year"

Don't try to make excuses for unfinished products launching prematurely. It just makes you look like a delusional fanboy that is out of touch with reality. NOBODY launches a product via digital download unless they are forced too because no publisher will commercially launch it in retail yet.

"who have never played the game say the whole project is a big POS whitout any evidence."

commen sense is all the evidence I need. Oh and the fact that no publisher will touch this thing within the next 6 months. image

"pwnage"

No.

• LordAnubisLordAnubis Member Posts: 112

"who says they dont have gameplay features?"
    beta testers. image
    "they have had the plan for digital release then 6 months later box release for at least a year"
    Don't try to make excuses for unfinished products launching prematurely. It just makes you look like a delusional fanboy that is out of touch with reality. NOBODY launches a product via digital download unless they are forced too because no publisher will commercially launch it in retail yet.
    "who have never played the game say the whole project is a big POS whitout any evidence."
    commen sense is all the evidence I need. Oh and the fact that no publisher will touch this thing within the next 6 months. image
    "pwnage"
    No.

Well isay the game isnt a pos so what do you call me a fan boy or some one who knows what there going on about

In the end mate you was done by the above post tag it like a man

thank you strouse, for repeating everything you previously said, but this time calling me a fanboi. that makes your points so much more valid. Because obviously since i am a fan of the game i am unable to think logically and draw valid conclusions. at the risk of sounding narsisistic i'm going to quote something i said in a previous thread

" If you present them with good news or solid evidence for the game they call you a fanboi and move on."

wow, i actually predicted the kind of thing you'd say before you said it.

unless you yourself are a beta tester (and really shouldn't be talking about this stuff) then those NDA breaks are totally unverifiable, and could quite possibly just be some guy trying to bash a game and get his 15 minutes. Way to take the word of some kid over the internet with 2 posts.

you still have no reason to believe it's an unfinished game, and even less evidence that it won't be worth playing.

Honestly people, i don't mind that people don't like the game, i realize people have their opinions and i can't change them all. What i do mind is people forming their opinion on a game by reading a few posts from some guy who has never played it. You may be right about all this and we may log in to a half-finished game, but then it will be based on solid evidence and actual experiences and not just a buch of speculation. After release, if you've tried it out, you can bash the game to hell, i won't say a word. But until then, stop shoving BS down people's throats.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

NOBODY launches a product via digital download unless they are forced too because no publisher will commercially launch it in retail yet. No.

This makes no sense. There are many great mmorpgs that are digital downloads. Saves money and is easier for the customer. The idea of digital downloand mmorpgs being done because no publisher will commercially launch it in retail is grossly false.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Originally posted by En1Gma
    NOBODY launches a product via digital download unless they are forced too because no publisher will commercially launch it in retail yet. No.

This makes no sense. There are many great mmorpgs that are digital downloads. Saves money and is easier for the customer. The idea of digital downloand mmorpgs being done because no publisher will commercially launch it in retail is grossly false.

TOOOOTTAAALLLLL PPWWWWNNNAAGGGEEE!!!!! ::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::::::08::

• GarbageManGarbageMan Member Posts: 46

LOL your still posting, omg you just have no clue do you? and why would you post that strouse? Geez some people ....... GEt some facts before you start posting some crap like that! ANd beta testers aren't facts there opinions. image

NAR NAR Sweetner

"This makes no sense. There are many great mmorpgs that are digital downloads."

There are no games that are a big success that bypassed retail and went straight to digitial download. Thats pure idiocy. No one does it unless they are forced to do it.

is strouse about to go head to head with a mmorpg.com staff member? LOL this is going to be great! I personaly am putting my money into En1Gma

taking all bets!!! En1Gma against strouse! ::::02::

"This makes no sense. There are many great mmorpgs that are digital downloads."
    There are no games that are a big success that bypassed retail and went straight to digitial download. Thats pure idiocy. No one does it unless they are forced to do it.

maybe they are doing it to set the stage. Have the player driven economy started up, already have guilds and factions that hold fortresses, have a bit of politics going before box release. Make of this what you will, i'm sure you will find something to hate.

There are no games that are a big success that bypassed retail and went straight to digitial download. Thats pure idiocy. No one does it unless they are forced to do it.

Who says that digital download is not retail? Man, I guess Naptser is in BIG trouble then because they're loosing out on money when they have CDs in the store! I guess Ipods are going out of business too...cause, you know, portable CD players that houses a CD you buy in a store will sell a lot more.

It isn't pure idiocy. Its called 21st century business practices. Eve, for example, is a straight digital download. They're doing VERY wel (and you wont find it in a store)l. The only mmorpg in history that has not exeprienced a member drop is EVE(not to mention that it's been out for almost 3 years). But Stouse, you seem the type that will even rip into EVE without as much as blinking an eyelash.

I could go on, but i think you can google the rest

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• Lunchbox76Lunchbox76 Member Posts: 294

ooh ouch I think someone needs to call a doctor. Strouse just got ko'd by enigma.

Playing Fallen Earth.

• angerrangerr Member Posts: 865

god.... i really wish people would stop whining about this game ::::16::

the game is comming out no matter what you think....

also no game has ever (to my knowlage) been this huge with so much content when it is finished....

not to mention a small company making it....

so maybe you shouldnt compair it to any other game....

maybe it will release incomplete, so what? no game has ever been made like this.....

all you people that bash this game nonstop keep it up ::::28::

its not going to change the fact that this game is going to be released and then either you or the suporters will look like a big a-hole

untill then i please ask that you stop your ::::16:: because everyone els knows very well how you feel about this game, thanks ::::01::

read this http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1044304#post1044304 then come back and talk to me about the vanguard/soe fiasco.....

Who says that digital download is not retail? Man, I guess Naptser is in BIG trouble then because they're loosing out on money when they have CDs in the store! I guess Ipods are going out of business too...cause, you know, portable CD players that houses a CD you buy in a store will sell a lot more.

It isn't pure idiocy. Its called 21st century business practices. Eve, for example, is a straight digital download. They're doing VERY wel (and you wont find it in a store)l. The only mmorpg in history that has not exeprienced a member drop is EVE(not to mention that it's been out for almost 3 years). But Stouse, you seem the type that will even rip into EVE without as much as blinking an eyelash.

I could go on, but i think you can google the rest

En1Gma for the win! Everyone who put a bet on him gets the money from who put a bet on Strouse, oooo lets see how much money we get from.... wait... ah darn... Nobody put a bet on strouse, no one gets money
    ::::05::

::::02::::::02::::::02::

• Why ban flamers when you can just have En1Gma reply to them image

Everyone has a right to be upset about a game or like a game. Everyone has the perogative to post how they feel about a game.

However, we're beginning to crack down on people who post the same type of posts on virtually every thread in any discussion boards.

Its has nothing to do with the MODs liking or disliking the game. It has everything to do with us wanting to maintain a sense of enjoyment around here. Seeing negative comments and posts about the same thing on every thread is not enjoyable.

Negative opnions about a game is fine and dandy. Let's not litter the boards with them. I think confining negative posts to 13 threads on the first is better than over riding every post with a negative onslaught of comments. It really doesnt do anything for anyone.

1. The people who hate the game will NEVER feel better by constantly posting the same thing day after day.

2. The people who like the game or want to play it will not benefit from the posts.

3. People will not make the decision on buying the game based upon constant negative replies. People who are set on buying will and likewise to those who do not want to buy it

4. Flaming people (whether you are flaming a person who posted a good post or flaming a person who posted a negative post) will do absolutely nothing to help the cause of whatever you're trying to push.

5. Honesty is a great thing to have here. If you honestly feel the game sucks then thats fine...feel free to post why you dont like it and why. Just dont post it on virtually everysingle thread here. Thats called griefing. If you dont like the game then dont visit the forums. Again, if you think your negative comments will turn people away from the game please see number 3.

6. Flaming a person who makes a negative comment doesn't work either. It only provides unneeded feul to the fire.

I hope this will help shed some light on this.

• JadalJadal Member Posts: 134

Nice to see the staff taking notice of all the negativity and deciding to do something about it.

Thanks

people can be negative...but also responsible at the same time.

There are some people on Dark&Light that do not like the way the game is heading. But, they are being responsible about theirselves here.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Well I hope things will take a turn for the positive now. I do expect a few howls of anguish at first when the OB starts because some people will go running in expecting EQII and WOW with dodos. People just need to realize that NPCube is doing this open beta for a reason, and  that the game is going to be in a rough state and give them a chance to finish the game before screaming "This game suxxors".

I miss DAoC

eve online is not a commercial success.. maybe by your standards it is but not by any companies that actually makes some $... EQ , WoW , EQ2 , DAOC , Lineage , L2. Those numbers are a commercial success.

any company that is actually somebody would laugh at eve onlines profits.

• WardropWardrop Member Posts: 462

Lol strouse you've been whining about this title since your game Mourning went the way of the shitter.

You still feel DnL is to blame. Get over it. And do stand here and try to deny what I'm suggesting. I'm sure someone with more time on their hands could go into the Forums here and dig up this and other dirt you've been flinging since the day Mourning was removed from these and pretty much every other big name gaming sites listing.

Also, how has mourning been.image

Also to others, Those so called beta testers that suggested anything connected with DnL are no longer beta testers. So for folks like strouse That base their argument on them have no real idea of what is in the beta or what is not.

I in turn do know since I'm in beta and under NDA.

Only fools assume and strouse you are assuming and have been assuming.

If you don't like what the game has to offer, don't buy it. It's as simple as that.

If you people put as much work into Mourning as you do here on these forums bitching about a game you have absolutely no clue about what so ever, then maybe Mourning would have been a hit instead of a pure insulting miss.

• annxiiannxii Member Posts: 24

eve online is not a commercial success.. maybe by your standards it is but not by any companies that actually makes some $... EQ , WoW , EQ2 , DAOC , Lineage , L2. Those numbers are a commercial success.
    any company that is actually somebody would laugh at eve onlines profits.

well ofcourse everybody loves money (else they're evil hippies) though who says you need to bash every game that might not be the high profitmakers! that companies are good at making money doesn't mean that they have to be good at making games....

I dont care much for EQ nor Lineage and I absolutely hate WoW! big profit doesn't have to mean nice game at least not in my world, though I could just be living in a dreamworld

...ohh and btw, Pirates of the Burning Sea is also going to launch as pure download at first! their explanation is that they get a lot more money themself! pure online release is just a way for the smaller comapnies to make their good gameplay run around while the otherwise couldn't::::28::

This discussion has been closed.