Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to catch up

hey guys, thinking about getting back into lotro. i was wondering are there any active servers where monster pvp is real active? also how much money would i have to spend to get caught up with all the expacs? thanks guys 

Comments

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371

I'm not sure which server is best for pvp.

As for how much money?  That depends what you already have.  I'd suggest waiting for sales, they happen quite often.

• pwainpwain Member UncommonPosts: 115
    from my point of view pvp is real bad in Lorto. There is no balance and the devs do not care about pvp.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    To their credit, the devs don't even pretend to care about PvP.  They never have.  Just think of it like racing Chocobos in FF7.  It was fun, but that's not why you played.

You make me like charity

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Gaborik
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    To their credit, the devs don't even pretend to care about PvP.  They never have.  Just think of it like racing Chocobos in FF7.  It was fun, but that's not why you played.

[mod edit]

OK, I stand corrected.  The *one* zone they have dedicated for PvMP (not quite PvP, but close enough I guess) has finally been updated after so many years.  One zone.  And you can't even fight other players, instead having to fight other players who are playing monsters...

You make me like charity

• GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251

You have no clue what your talking about. Please educate yourself with this link thanks... http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdiaries/2236-riders-of-rohan-developer-diary-the-ettenmoors. Btw epic fail at tro!! Attempt.

OK, I stand corrected.  The *one* zone they have dedicated for PvMP (not quite PvP, but close enough I guess) has finally been updated after so many years.  One zone.  And you can't even fight other players, instead having to fight other players who are playing monsters...

Again if you played or were a part of the lotro community you would know that from the very beginning over 6yrs ago they never hid the fact about their pvp. The moors is a very active and fun place to go. It is what turbine said it would be. Those other players also need to level up their character in order to be competive. [mod edit]
  • CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923

[mod edit]

Again if you played or were a part of the lotro community you would know that from the very beginning over 6yrs ago they never hid the fact about their pvp. The moors is a very active and fun place to go. It is what turbine said it would be. Those other players also need to level up their character in order to be competive. [mod edit]

Seriously dude you need to chill, he was not bashing the game, i actually agree with him and yes i have played LoTRO since CB, the PvP in LoTRO is dismal, it is a sidegame at best it is not the reason people sign up to play LoTRO but it is there if they get bored enough to do it. So agin chill with the trolling threats geez.

Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG