Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SV to beg for more money part 2

SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

Since my other thread was locked and I was attacked for saying that SV was going to beg for more money - I was RIGHT, and NOW its official.

"After a community forum thread got us thinking about a donation system, we've decided to run with it. Very soon we'll be opening up a new section on our website allowing you to contribute to Mortal Online's development outside standard subscriptions. It'll work something like Kickstarter does, only we'll be handling it on our own. You'll receive cool perks for donating. The more you wish to donate the more you'll receive. We'll unveil just what these things are shortly, but we will NEVER introduce anything that will give you an advantage in the game. We're talking cosmetic and just simply cool things here.

One of the reason we decided to go with this now is that the system in place for it is also required for veteran rewards. So, those are on the horizon now. They're coming fairly soon. 
http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/new-dev-blog-from-paratus.80051/  edit: fixed link?

Anyhow, they decided to "run with it" =)

MO also has announced many other lulzworthy things in their "announcment" (right before Darkfall is re-released they are throwing some shiney things at the...er...customers/victims- AND will soon be begging for donations on top of it all.

EDIT: here is the other thread which became locked- The one where I was essentially told I was mistaken about the said BEGGING. http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/366933/SV-to-beg-for-more-money.html

-No appology nesassary =)

But now lets discuss THIS and not whether I am mistaken or not...

Comments

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

And people actually pay money to this company for anything?

• w4ffl3w4ffl3 Member Posts: 36
    Well, I'm sure it'll net them some money, but there's no way it will give them more than a month of extra leeway.  They're still hemmorhaging money to the tune of $30K USD every month, if I remember correctly, and no donation scheme is going to make up that difference--they need regular subscribers, there's no way around that..  I'd be surprised if they raised more than $10K.  
  • SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by w4ffl3
    Well, I'm sure it'll net them some money, but there's no way it will give them more than a month of extra leeway.  They're still hemmorhaging money to the tune of $30K USD every month, if I remember correctly, and no donation scheme is going to make up that difference--they need regular subscribers, there's no way around that..  I'd be surprised if they raised more than $10K.  

How true your words are-

Now, with any dev time being used to implement the donation scam...er...scheme and the "cool rewards" is taking away from actually fixing the most broken game in History (after 2+ years of the SAME bugs)- There is NO WAY they wioll net enough to hire anyone.

More money will not make Seb learn to program nor will it make the much needed work on this "game" get done any faster...This will all go into the black hole of Henrick-

This should be a slap in the face to everyone supporting them after all this time and sttill playing a broken game-

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162

Saint is back!  This is just a ploy to divert attention away from Darkfall.  SV refused to answer questions about how donations funds would be used to actually improve the game in their last thread and these fools are willing to toss them more money in hopes of plugging the hole in this sinking ship.  

The arena idea is silly as well.  Henrik himself said they would not be developing new content I don't see why they are adding an arena when that is all the game is anyhow.  One big deathmatch arena.

Henrik himself said the following:

"I dont know how many times we have stated, the only thing we are doing now is polishing and bug fixing, look at our patch notes after awakening. We do not work on new features, we still polish and tweak the game and remove bugs. This is still what we are doing.

Thanks"

Today they announce they are adding some in new content...

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    A fool and his money.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

1. Interesting that the linked thread was started by the person who recently announced they will be writing a review of the game for a website.

2. Regarding the Veteran Rewards and coming soon please refer to this post from SV spokesperson 8+ months ago where he announced that the Veteran Reward Design was "complete": http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4743919 Or here from a post back in 2011 where the SV spokesperson announces that these Veteran Rewards would be rolled out "shortly": http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4587075 (Side note... best part was it was in response to a claim I made about them over promising and under delivering and advising them to stop over-hyping and setting themselves up for more failures)

3. Regarding the donations, I am actually fine with that.  If someone wants to pledge $1000 heck it's a free country (or in this case. multiple countries).  I think it does speak to the financial state of the company, but as long as everyone is a consenting adult... and SV actually delivers what they promise for the pledge.. well.. that's between them and the pledgers.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

Please Delete this Thread, this is clearly trolling, and baiting.

PS: There is nothing wrong with any company looking for donations to help the game that they love, I love for the OP to make a game,  fact start out with a easy flash game he would be lost.. I love people who bash Indie's when they have never made a game in there life and have no idea the time and money it costs...

Mommys credit card doesn't count..    He deserved that by the way././

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo

Saint is back!  This is just a ploy to divert attention away from Darkfall.  SV refused to answer questions about how donations funds would be used to actually improve the game in their last thread and these fools are willing to toss them more money in hopes of plugging the hole in this sinking ship.  

The arena idea is silly as well.  Henrik himself said they would not be developing new content I don't see why they are adding an arena when that is all the game is anyhow.  One big deathmatch arena.

"I dont know how many times we have stated, the only thing we are doing now is polishing and bug fixing, look at our patch notes after awakening. We do not work on new features, we still polish and tweak the game and remove bugs. This is still what we are doing.

Thanks"

Not saying what this company does is smart because they are an Indie company they will mess up alot, and if you made a company you would mess up as well, if you think you would do better by all means, when designing a game, things change and fast, it happens, sometimes you can't help it....

Heck when I Model texture stuff for the company I work for I change stuff all the time , thats game design, alot of the time, I have modeled, textured something fully for it to end up in the trash because the lead designer decided to change the game, thats life, the first few times, it pisses you off, but then you get used to it, because thats game design, get used to it.

I wish for one week every gamer would work as a game designer, there minds would change real fast, not saying every game designer is God, because we are not, we are people to, but people do not give them enough respect and thats why , you guys will continue to see your WOW clones, and Indies are not gonna bother, because of the trolling and negative comments, I would never ever make a MMO for gamers, they don't deserve it....

I would rather make an Iphone game, I have, and flash games, I have, than Make MMo's for people, just to pick on little things time and time again, atleast with flash and Iphone games, the people actually respect you... Alot less whining thats for sure... I now work for a company that does everything but MMo's I would never work on another MMo if someone paid me a million dollars because of the way people act...

Sad to because I love MMo's but Indies devs are a dieing breed, and thats why you people can enjoy your WOW clones...

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Darkcrystal

PS: There is nothing wrong with any company looking for donations to help the game that they love, I love for the OP to make a game,  fact start out with a easy flash game he would be lost.. I love people who bash Indie's when they have never made a game in there life and have no idea the time and money it costs...

Isn't the whole of MO built on Daddy's credit card?

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Thanks"

Not saying what this company does is smart because they are an Indie company they will mess up alot, and if you made a company you would mess up as well, if you think you would do better by all means, when designing a game, things change and fast, it happens, sometimes you can't help it....

Heck when I Model texture stuff for the company I work for I change stuff all the time , thats game design, alot of the time, I have modeled, textured something fully for it to end up in the trash because the lead designer decided to change the game, thats life, the first few times, it pisses you off, but then you get used to it, because thats game design, get used to it.

I wish for one week every gamer would work as a game designer, there minds would change real fast, not saying every game designer is God, because we are not, we are people to, but people do not give them enough respect and thats why , you guys will continue to see your WOW clones, and Indies are not gonna bother, because of the trolling and negative comments, I would never ever make a MMO for gamers, they don't deserve it....

I would rather make an Iphone game, I have, and flash games, I have, than Make MMo's for people, just to pick on little things time and time again, atleast with flash and Iphone games, the people actually respect you... Alot less whining thats for sure... I now work for a company that does everything but MMo's I would never work on another MMo if someone paid me a million dollars because of the way people act...

Sad to because I love MMo's but Indies devs are a dieing breed, and thats why you people can enjoy your WOW clones...

Little things? We are talking about a developer that managed to accidentally delete an entire city then refused to replace what they caused players to lose lol... 

Funny- last week when this information was posted (but not an "official" announcment) I was "trolling" by (and I paraphrase) "Taking some 'random' persons post out of 'context'" and "SV never said this..."

This week it becomes an official announcment and I get stellar responses such as this and the person who gives the old" You cant make a game better" excuse.

EDIT: FOR the millionth time. The "you cannot make a better game excuse" which MO supporters seem to think is the best answer to critics- Fails... No, I cannot make a game better. This is why I do not sell a game and any attempts I take to "make" or "mod" a game (I do this BTW- Both make and Mod games which are not professional AT ALL) are FREELY given.

You see, if you sell a product- You are a "PRO". Period. And another persona skill level (the customers) has no bearing on anything . Most people buy a product or service which is FAR SUPERIOR than what they themselves can do, or why ever pay someone for anything???

This is why when someone takes your money for a product and service- There are certain exprectations and should those not be met the consumer has every right to complain whether or not "they can do it better..."

If I put a roof on your house and it leaked the next year OR wired your house and only half the rooms worked- If

a) I did it FREE and expressed that I am an amature- You have NO RIGHT to complain.

b) paid $$$ for my work- You have EVERY right to post bad reviews EVERYWHERE and let others know. Post on Rip Off Reports etc- if I were to make fun of you and your concerns (as Seb clearly did- In the case of MO) or have folks say "Well, since you cannot wire your house any better than the Electrician you PAID- You have no right to complain"

-See how utterly DUMB that line of thinking is? God I hope so because its MOs #1 excuse for its "fans"

-----------------------------------------Edit over-.

Look- Sebastion made a post the other week making any paying players his bitches, making fun of their grammar and concerns- SV has NOT 1 competent dev- NOT 1.  Game needs millions of fixes and promised content fixed/non placeholder/implimented.

NOW Sv is going to pull (an incompetent- but the best they have...) dev to make fluff items for those who "donate" and "the more they donate the more they can get" when 100% should be placed on fixing the current game not adding things for folks who PAY MOAR MONEYZ.

-Anyhow...

Originally posted by SaintPhilip

Funny- last week when this information was posted (but not an "official" announcment) I was "trolling" by (and I paraphrase) "Taking some 'random' persons post out of 'context'" and "SV never said this..."

This week it becomes an official announcment and I get stellar responses such as this and the person who gives the old" You cant make a game better" excuse.

Look- Sebastion made a post the other week making any paying players his bitches, making fun of their grammar and concerns- SV has NOT 1 competent dev- NOT 1.  Game needs millions of fixes and promised content fixed/non placeholder/implimented.

NOW Sv is going to pull (an incompetent- but the best they have...) dev to make fluff items for those who "donate" and "the more they donate the more they can get" when 100% should be placed on fixing the current game not adding things for folks who PAY MOAR MONEYZ.

-Anyhow...

I can't build a car so I am not able to complain when it ends up being a peice of shit?  gtfo DarkCrystal

My beef is Seb basically said the issues with the game were a matter of not having enough time.  Henrik said they were not going to release new content as well.  How does extra money help Seb work faster then he already does?  Wouldn't new content and additions slow that down further?  Players cry for all these fixes with current systems and SV's response after saying they would not do this is to release more new content?  Just sad to be honest.

-Anyhow...

I can't build a car so I am not able to complain when it ends up being a peice of shit?  gtfo DarkCrystal

My beef is Seb basically said the issues with the game were a matter of not having enough time.  Henrik said they were not going to release new content as well.  How does extra money help Seb work faster then he already does?  Wouldn't new content and additions slow that down further?  Players cry for all these fixes with current systems and SV's response after saying they would not do this is to release more new content?  Just sad to be honest.

100% correct.

Where dio you think SV will be shifting focus now? Their "limited" Dev staff will be working to make "cool" items/rewards for those who "donate". The "limited" Dev staff will not be working so hard on fixing the game for everyone  because they will be busy making items for those who will PAY MOAR MONEY.

Its simple math and I am astounded people are okay with this... Its not as if things are being fixed in a timely manner and they are now adding a new methos to (eventually) speed development... This will SLOW development and fixes for everyone inm leiu of shifting focus to net more money (but not enough money to actually hire anyone to speed development)

They cannot fix the bugs as it is. Content comes at a snails pace.

Paying them extra will actually slow everything down.image

The one where I was essentially told I was mistaken about the said BEGGING. http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/366933/SV-to-beg-for-more-money.html

-No appology nesassary =)

But now lets discuss THIS and not whether I am mistaken or not...

Im assuming this money wont have to be reported as income (investors) and will go directly into SV pocket?

Its always the same strategy by the SV Brain Trust. image

1.  Try to discredit ...fail

2.  Attack poster...fail

3.  Retreat

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    I don't see the big deal.  A struggling game has players willing to pay more to keep it running.
  • FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132

This makes me wonder if I can get my own group of mentally retarded group of geese that lay golden eggs that feed on nothing but broken promises. And I'd say, I probably can.

Maybe they can use the money to buy Henrik a dictionary? Here's the longest version of "we don't want to pay for a translator" - which is only a coverup for "we don't have any lore for our game" too:

"We would more than be happy to share more lore about the world we play in.
    The only issue as before is that we first wrote it in advanced Swedish, making it very hard to translate it into proper English with the same meanings. I wish we could lend this to a professorial translator, but it cost a lot of money and time, since it must be cross checked back with the Swedish meaning.

We do have contact with good English writers, but they don't know Swedish. So we are in a rough spot when it comes to share more lore from the Swedish written one."

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/henrik.80013/page-2#post-1382738

Advanced Swedish. The most complicated language known to man. Translation impossibru. ...inb4 SV-affiliates telling me that advanced Swedish is really impossible to turn into proper English.

3...2...1... XD

Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    I don't see the big deal.  A struggling game has players willing to pay more to keep it running.

But SVs doing great.. " will have 500000 players, servers in China and publishers are knocking the door down"

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by FastSloth

This makes me wonder if I can get my own group of mentally retarded group of geese that lay golden eggs that feed on nothing but broken promises. And I'd say, I probably can.

Maybe they can use the money to buy Henrik a dictionary? Here's the longest version of "we don't want to pay for a translator" - which is only a coverup for "we don't have any lore for our game" too:

"We would more than be happy to share more lore about the world we play in.
    The only issue as before is that we first wrote it in advanced Swedish, making it very hard to translate it into proper English with the same meanings. I wish we could lend this to a professorial translator, but it cost a lot of money and time, since it must be cross checked back with the Swedish meaning.

We do have contact with good English writers, but they don't know Swedish. So we are in a rough spot when it comes to share more lore from the Swedish written one."

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/henrik.80013/page-2#post-1382738

Advanced Swedish. The most complicated language known to man. Translation impossibru. ...inb4 SV-affiliates telling me that advanced Swedish is really impossible to turn into proper English.

3...2...1... XD

That made me lol. Advanced Swedish, wtf is that? He makes it sound like they've written a lengthy dissertation on quantum mechanics or something. It's just some made-up fantasy lore ffs.

I'm Swedish myself and I'm sure I could translate that "advanced" stuff into readable English in a matter of days. The same probably goes for some of the Swedes in the MO community.

Edit: I read the dev blog post. Funny how they are now adding "big stuff" despite previously claiming that they are focusing 100% on fixing the game. Is it now fixed then, I wonder?

"We have some very cool features coming up, too. Without going into too much detail, we're going to be introducing a new system [...] We have some big stuff on the table that I can't mention just yet, too. Things are about to get crazy around here and I can't wait for it!"

Yeah, I'm sure things will go crazy over there. They usually do when SV have "big stuff" in the pipeline...

No,,, Its not quite so simple as that nor so 'black and white'-

Its more like a struggling Corporation- One traded on the Stock Exchange- Begging for Charity.

-But its even worse than that. Its a Corporation who constantly uses the "small team" excuse- Even things as simple as updating the playerbase or their website are excused by "We are a small team and cannot take the time out of our busy day to update the community"-

So, they are such a small team that updating the Forum is a challenge- YET they are going to take manhours to implement something which will only benefit those who "donate" more $$$ to an already bottomless pit.

Remember, this is the same Corporation which STOLE the EULA from Eve Online and left it uop there for over a year but didnt even change the name (i.e. It actually said that you could be banned from EVE ONLINE in the MO EULA)...This is the same Corporation which has used every shady and underhanded tactic in the book.

-This is NOT your friendly neighborhood dev asking for a bit of help. This is an overpriced and bug ridden MMO which uses the small team excuse to explain why Bug fixing is slow, Updates slow, patches slow, things still not working properly from beta, etc, etc... This is a CORPORATION who chargews more money for their beta state game (2 years after release) and is now asking for Charity and handouts (which they will actually put their "small team" on creating rewards for this "charity")

-So on the surface what you say is correct- But given the History here there are MANY factors to be taken into account .

EDIT/ADD- Normally when a CORPORATION (remember SV is a CORPORATION) finds itself in trouble, it sells Stock and Holdings. Can you imagine Apple or Nike "asking for donations" ("donations" usually equate to charitable projects and not FOR PROFIT corporations)-

See, Normally a Corporation would never had gotten into this downword spiral WITHOUT replacing the CEO.

Has SV given free game time to some of their better players if/when economic times cause them to have to cancel a sub? Hell, to get game time replaced for the game not working is like pulling teeth from these guys.

So SV is now moving their team which is so amll it doesnt have time to update the Forum properly OFF OF bug fixing to implement this "donation" system... Its GMs are volenteer (i.e. non paid) and even the Patcher was outsourced (for free) from a fan-

And yet henrick is still steering the ship...

• SaunakillerSaunakiller Member Posts: 57

Its more like a struggling Corporation- One traded on the Stock Exchange- Begging for Charity.

-But its even worse than that. Its a Corporation who constantly uses the "small team" excuse- Even things as simple as updating the playerbase or their website are excused by "We are a small team and cannot take the time out of our busy day to update the community"-

So, they are such a small team that updating the Forum is a challenge- YET they are going to take manhours to implement something which will only benefit those who "donate" more $$$ to an already bottomless pit.

Remember, this is the same Corporation which STOLE the EULA from Eve Online and left it uop there for over a year but didnt even change the name (i.e. It actually said that you could be banned from EVE ONLINE in the MO EULA)...This is the same Corporation which has used every shady and underhanded tactic in the book.

-This is NOT your friendly neighborhood dev asking for a bit of help. This is an overpriced and bug ridden MMO which uses the small team excuse to explain why Bug fixing is slow, Updates slow, patches slow, things still not working properly from beta, etc, etc... This is a CORPORATION who chargews more money for their beta state game (2 years after release) and is now asking for Charity and handouts (which they will actually put their "small team" on creating rewards for this "charity")

-So on the surface what you say is correct- But given the History here there are MANY factors to be taken into account .

Well it was actually MOs players that came up with the idea to donate money for the good of MO. And ofc they will be able to get things fixed faster and new content will come faster as well, cause they could hire some freelance programmer or whatever to speed things up even more. Ofc this will boil down to how much they will recive. And noone is forcing any1 to pay. If you don't wanna donate, then don't. Quite simple rly.

And you clearly have no clue about MOs state as of now when you say they patch slowly. After Awakening theyve patched more then ever before, and current state of the game is better then it has ever been. Sure there are still alot to be fixed, and I hope that this donation will speed things up even more. 

Originally posted by Saunakiller

Well it was actually MOs players that came up with the idea to donate money for the good of MO. And ofc they will be able to get things fixed faster and new content will come faster as well, cause they could hire some freelance programmer or whatever to speed things up even more. Ofc this will boil down to how much they will recive. And noone is forcing any1 to pay. If you don't wanna donate, then don't. Quite simple rly.

And you clearly have no clue about MOs state as of now when you say they patch slowly. After Awakening theyve patched more then ever before, and current state of the game is better then it has ever been. Sure there are still alot to be fixed, and I hope that this donation will speed things up even more. 

Sv is running in the negatives each month- before anyone could be hired (remember the team is actually much smaller due to cuts) they first need to break even.

Now, any monies recieved from this scam...er...ploy- will be used to take care of outstanding obligations and the odds of anything being left is pretty slim.

Outsourcing programers just doesnt cut it- Awakening ran what, 8 months past schedule with 2 months of silence from the Devs and CEO on the Official Forums? And the state it released in (8 months late) was shameful.

The descisions made at the helm of Sv have been consistantly terrible and rather than replacing him and having a chance of saving the game and the investors (shareholders) money- The controling interests (daddy Warbucks) let his son steer this ship into the rocks...And still wont "pull" him-

Incompetence doesnt even begin to express the utter failure of SV- And now they are asking donations???

-Anyhow the "state " the game is in now is debatable and admittedly I havnt tested in a few weeks.

But no, donations will not speed anything up and will actually slow things down. Period... team too small to upxdate Forum, lol- Throw a few bucks at em-

Sv is running in the negatives each month- before anyone could be hired (remember the team is actually much smaller due to cuts) they first need to break even.

Now, any monies recieved from this scam...er...ploy- will be used to take care of outstanding obligations and the odds of anything being left is pretty slim.

Outsourcing programers just doesnt cut it- Awakening ran what, 8 months past schedule with 2 months of silence from the Devs and CEO on the Official Forums? And the state it released in (8 months late) was shameful.

The descisions made at the helm of Sv have been consistantly terrible and rather than replacing him and having a chance of saving the game and the investors (shareholders) money- The controling interests (daddy Warbucks) let his son steer this ship into the rocks...And still wont "pull" him-

Incompetence doesnt even begin to express the utter failure of SV- And now they are asking donations???

-Anyhow the "state " the game is in now is debatable and admittedly I havnt tested in a few weeks.

But no, donations will not speed anything up and will actually slow things down. Period... team too small to upxdate Forum, lol- Throw a few bucks at em-

Sry, but I won't take your words in this case as facts, as any1 that follows these threads knows you do nothing here but try to discredit SV and MO whenever you get a chance. And don't worry, you don't have to pay a dime. Since it's a donation. You can keep writing how much SV suck etc here. You even will have more to write about now. You should be happy. It's a winwin for both the once that love MO and those that hate it. :)

Edit. Who cares about the forums? It's not a priority. They thank god are focusing on other stuff, which can be seen in the several patches that's come out after Awakening.

SV has actually already said that they most likely won't be able to hire an extra dev with these funds.  When asked how extra money would speed up development, they actually refused to comment.  I used a have a pal on the their team and from some of the things I was told, they won't be hiring devs anytime soon.  

Sry, but I won't take your words in this case as facts, as any1 that follows these threads knows you do nothing here but try to discredit SV and MO whenever you get a chance. And don't worry, you don't have to pay a dime. Since it's a donation. You can keep writing how much SV suck etc here. You even will have more to write about now. You should be happy. It's a winwin for both the once that love MO and those that hate it. :)

I will, thanks image

-Since you have read some of my threads/posts can you tell me what you thought of the success rate of my "predictions"? Its near 100% and no mystical powers needed.

If you call "Hype and Lie" on any SV announcment of whats "coming soon" you will be 100% right... If they say "revolutinary gameplay and no moar placeholders" and you say "buggy broken mess with placeholders" you will be 100% right. If Sv says "tested" and you say "wont work for weeks" you too will be 100% right.

Would be neat to have "statistics" attached to our profiles since we have these little spats every time Sv annonces something or has an upcomiing Xpac- So far my % rate is pretty fucking high as SV never lets me down in voting for failure.

-But yes, by all means "donate" to a for profit corporation whos CEO has plundered its assets and ran it into the ground . I am fully a believer in the saying "a fool and his money are soon parted" and "theres a sucker born every minite"

-BUT I will continue to discuss this Corporation and its incompetent CEO and inept dev team. This is a discussion forum after all- And damn, I want my statistic idea implemented.

EDIT- Here is a thread I made in August about my awakening predictions (prior to release) and the responses from MO fans telling me how dumb I was http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/359143/YE-OLDE-AWAKENING-MEGA-THREAD.html - So dont trust ME, my Posts and threads are time stamped. =P

There is more, just a quick example..

SV has actually already said that they most likely won't be able to hire an extra dev with these funds.  When asked how extra money would speed up development, they actually refused to comment.  I used a have a pal on the their team and from some of the things I was told, they won't be hiring devs anytime soon.  

Rly? Can you link the thread to where they say that they won't hire more peeps if they get the founding for it. I think Henrik even mentioned in Diphraels Unofficial Patchnotes thread, that the reason they can't hire more programmers etc is the lack of money. This would bring them more money, and they could hire more peeps. Even for a short time this be good for MO.