Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much gems do you plan to spend on Halloween?

Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

So far 3000 gems spent, and I think that's enough for me for this season.

Bought both full costumes (700 each), primeval skin, 3 halloween minis, bank slot. Half of those gems were bought with ingame gold, the rest for 20$. I don't regret it, those costumes are tons of fun xD

So, how about you, what are you spending your gems on?

Comments

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Costume looks cool. But none for me.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Zero. Paid skins are for suckers. :P
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Is this game made by Anet or Zynga?

If the evolution of mmorpgs is getting suckered into this kind of cash shop frenzy, my days as an mmorpg player are numbered.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Xasapis

If the evolution of mmorpgs is getting suckered into this kind of cash shop frenzy, my days as an mmorpg player are numbered.

I dont see problems with seasonal costumes put into cash shop. It's the way to support company. It's better than P2P because it's completely optional and cosmetic. I don't mind paying 20$ once a year or so to get some funny costume.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

most people have a lot of gems not spending a single dime of real money... honestly some people are incredibly spoiled considering this game has no monthly sub

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Zero.
  • lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    I had some keys saved up. Spent another 1000 saved up gems but no more. I am not a sucker getting sucked into money grab that is Hallowwen.
  • cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

I have spent money on Skins in games before, but very little and only something I thought I would want to wear for a LONNNG TIME. However Seasonal items = not a long time. LOL I dont know if I will still be playing next Halloween.

EQ2 was the only game I spent Real money on items. I bought A suit of Armor I really liked and a few weapons. I used that armor for almost a year. So that made it worth it.

In all honesty I could haev just waited and got the Station points from having a PAID account. But you know what. I do work my @$$ off if i want to spend a few $$ here or there on something I enjoy...Then why not?

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Zero.

I don't care for spending IRL money for these things.

Have yet to see a skin I would pay money for.

Originally posted by lifeordinary
    I had some keys saved up. Spent another 1000 saved up gems but no more. I am not a sucker getting sucked into money grab that is Hallowwen.

You already got suckered in. It's hilarious that you don't think you're part of it.

Originally posted by colddog04

You already got suckered in. It's hilarious that you don't think you're part of it.

if he didn't spend any real money how is that getting suckered in?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Aerowyn

You're right. He isn't one of the people that got suckered in. I misread his post.

time=money

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

I have gems saved a long time ago just through gold that i made in game. I haven't spent t a dime of  real cash.

[mod edit]

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

You cant count the bankslots and similar things. Not really related.

I dont plan to buy anything at all.  I do have enough gems for a character slot though on my account, I will probably buy that sooner or later and that might happen at halloween. So if you count it like that, maybe 800 gems.

If I see something I really like I might farm some gold, change it for gems and buy it but it is pretty unlikely, I need to farm gold for my thieves assassin armor.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM

Bought both full costumes (700 each), primeval skin, 3 halloween minis, bank slot. Half of those gems were bought with ingame gold, the rest for 20$. I don't regret it, those costumes are tons of fun xD

So, how about you, what are you spending your gems on?

I had gems purchased with gold beforehand, but spent about 3000 also I guess, mostly wasted on keys, but I think the best purchase, for me, was the mini's.

You have to purchase an additional set of minis if you want to craft Chainsaw the Skeleton anyways (green skeleton dual wielding chainsaws).  I like the ghost better, but just personal opinion.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

Originally posted by muffins89

time=money

so basically most other MMOs are triple screwing everyone.. they take up a ton of time, have cash shops, and charge a monthly sub

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

time=money

Only if you would have earned money on it.

Calling in sick from work to play might indeed be money, but if you earned gold while having a good time playing a fun game you lost nothing.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

oh, I thought this game is "free" or as people like to call it nowadays "buy to play" ?

How come you handed out 20$ on top of the box price now...?

also, this

Originally posted by Loke666

time=money

Only if you would have earned money on it.

Calling in sick from work to play might indeed be money, but if you earned gold while having a good time playing a fun game you lost nothing.

guess i should have wrote "your time = their money" 

the more time people spend playing gw2 the less time they are spending in other games.  they are trying to get people to spend more time in their game.  so they can make more money and take money away from the competition.  re-iterating use of the gem store every few months is just icing on the cake.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto

oh, I thought this game is "free" or as people like to call it nowadays "buy to play" ?

How come you handed out 20$ on top of the box price now...?

Because it has a cash shop and he bought something from it. I think that part was pretty obvious.

• NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Some people must go to bars (free!) and then complain when they have to pay for (optional) drinks.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Zero. Paid skins are for suckers. :P

Yep.  I'm so glad I don't care about skins. 

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Zero for real money. May use some in game gold for the extra character and bank slots.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

most people have a lot of gems not spending a single dime of real money... honestly some people are incredibly spoiled considering this game has no monthly sub

This, I had a good bit of gold saved up since I don't have a great deal of in game things I'm interested in speding it on I converted it to gems and have purchased everything I want off the store. Mak King costume, check! Hood, check! Bunch of keys, check! Couple of minis, check! real cash cost = $0

Gotta love that cash grab anet has going on lol.