Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everything I ever wanted, literally the most excited I've been for a game.

2»

Comments

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251
    Originally posted by spacebot

If he gets the funding then I think he can create something new, yet old school. Maybe at first it won't even have half the features he talked about, or they will be primitive, but in an online type of game it will contuine to develop.

I've seen some folks who didn't like the online thing but offline games hardly ever get continuing development after launch. Maybe some DLCs and a few bug patches and that's it. Online games(mmos) get expansions and new features. I can see this game maybe staying around as long as Guild Wars or Everquest. If he can get his vision done. Then there was that wing commander movie.....

Anyway since this is a mmorpg.com forum: This game has failed. As you can clearly see from these xfire stats noone is playing it. I've even gotten bored of it already. Therefore game is bad. *gets up on a ladder* My logic is superiorrr!!!!

Ahh, don't judge to harsh on the wing commander movie lol, alot of writers make horrible movies. M Night Shamalan makes six sense with lots of supervision, movies a success than he makes-the village, lady in the water, the happening, signs, all horrible movies, cause he had complete control.

Hell, if George Lucas would have had absolute freedom with the first three starwars movies, oh man, it would have been terrible(he wanted han solo to be a blue lizard man!?)

IT? Great movie, but the book is wierd as hell, has a giant alien turtle in it? Glad he wasn't allowed to put all the extra wierd crap in the movie lol.

The acting in wing commander was worse than the acting in the cutscenes in the game lol.

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518
    Originally posted by Averof

Everyone forgot, it was Chris Roberts games, that brought millions of people to buy a Personal Computer at the first place.

Lol. True. I bought my first high end PC with Wing Commander 1, and regulary updated(bought a new one) with almost any new game from him. :)

And never regretted it. And i guess i have to buy a new PC again, when this baby will release. And i cant wait for that day.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

I have guarded optimism regarding Star Citizen. While it looks good in a trailer even if it is game engine made, I have to wait to see what features will remain in game and how "open" the world really is. I was not one of those "fans" of Wing Commander series as it was nothing special to me at the time. While it was good for a space game, I never found it especially ground breaking nor near to what the hype claimed it to be a the time. It seemed it was attempting to cash in on the popularity of Star Wars but in many cheap ways. Hopefully, Star Citizen will have more "realism" and less hype.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    I have guarded optimism regarding Star Citizen. While it looks good in a trailer even if it is game engine made, I have to wait to see what features will remain in game and how "open" the world really is. I was not one of those "fans" of Wing Commander series as it was nothing special to me at the time. While it was good for a space game, I never found it especially ground breaking nor near to what the hype claimed it to be a the time. It seemed it was attempting to cash in on the popularity of Star Wars but in many cheap ways. Hopefully, Star Citizen will have more "realism" and less hype.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782
    The wesbite makes it sounds great and like it is ready to break off from the pack.  Anything different would be nice.  There have been so many claims from games that don't come close to delivering.....  Tabula Rasa, FFXIV, Vanguard, etc.  Good luck to them >)
  • TyrianPrimeTyrianPrime Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Everytime i visit the Star Citizen Website, the title of this thread comes into my mind...it's exactly what i believe as well!

Fully supporting STAR CITIZEN by the Legendary Grandmaster of the Space Game Genre, Chris Roberts.For Captain Eisen's memory.....For Squadron 42...For the Space Genre....For the PC....I pledge!
    Star Citizen
    TOG Star Citizen-Join Us

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I really wish it wasn't going to be another 2 years before we even see anything. I want a new freelancer so bad right now. I mean sure I'll wait since I have to, but it's still really annoying knowing it's going to be so long.
  • morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Got to breathe in .... and breathe out...This is not just a game its a vision :-)

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    Originally posted by veego590
    Is anyone else going nuts over this? The more and more I read about the game the more and more excited I got. I can't process the amount of amazing components of this game. This is my dream game. My only major concern is whether or not we actually see the light of day for this game... I really really hope we do.

It's relying on funding from individuals. I doubt it will see the light of day in the form described. It will be relying on normal folk to keep throwing money into a development pit against promises that continue to move backwards. Get excited I it gets to a playable beta form, until then watch and wait patiently.

I think they're requesting investment additional to the crowdfunding, which is more "pre-sales = market est."?

But agree with being careful on this, with 2yrs before release, that's a very long time to lock your cash up; it makes me think it's a great GENRE to back, but not a great project to back because of the time-frame: Apart from waiting, what else occurs during that time. Edit: And 75% of KS are delayed stat.

That said, lots to be positive about as a spectator and speculator.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543
    I've been thinking about what the perfect MMO would be for quite a while. This game is what, for me, the spaceflight/combat portion of my perfect MMO would be. In fact, I feel a little violated as it feels like the design for this game was ripped out of my brain.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Cool, and it's B2P.  Maybe I'll give it a shot.  Sounds fun.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Sounds good, check back in with me when it releases.....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon