Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GOLD Membership for L20+ Quest Rewards is a Rip Off.. Typical for SOE...

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

I cant believe they want us to pay to use Items we received as rewards for long long Quest chains.

No it wasnt enough to increase the GOLD membership Items after Level 20 to almost every Blue and Yellow item that can drop from normal Mobs. 99% of drops are Gold membership items..... 

They couldnt leave their greedy fingers off Quest rewards, they make it almost impossible to stay away from their unbelievable stupid expensive cash shop.  

SOE and Free to play ........

Level 20-55 isnt free to play, sure you can play with green crap items and finally reach level 50 before the servers die......

Again my todays Question >>  Why in the world do we have to pay to use Quest rewards ? 

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

I truely believe this F2P scheme is what's holding Vanguard back from even breaking 1k concurrent players. I personally value a gold membership below 10 bucks. As great as Vanguard is, it still doesn't have the full dev force of a new MMORPG nor the promise of future expansions at the same rate. I would play if I could pay less than 10 bucks a month and get the experience I want. Right now I have two choices. Either pay the same money It cost prior to F2P conversion or pay more just to unlock several characters and their 3 sphere slots.

Neither is appealing

And to those 'herp derp' posters that think this is about playing 100% for free. L2read

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    It is SOE.  I'm suprised there isn't a fee to just download the sony launcher lol.  I was going to come back to VG, but I had the same problems.
  • OberanMiMOberanMiM Member Posts: 236
    Originally posted by Starpower

I truely believe this F2P scheme is what's holding Vanguard back from even breaking 1k concurrent players. I personally value a gold membership below 10 bucks. As great as Vanguard is, it still doesn't have the full dev force of a new MMORPG nor the promise of future expansions at the same rate. I would play if I could pay less than 10 bucks a month and get the experience I want. Right now I have two choices. Either pay the same money It cost prior to F2P conversion or pay more just to unlock several characters and their 3 sphere slots.

Neither is appealing

And to those 'herp derp' posters that think this is about playing 100% for free. L2read

What do you mean "would play  if you could pay less than 10 bucks a month". Currently if you subscribe to a multi month sub you can pay as little as $7.50 a month ($90 for 12 months).  Last i checked $7.50 a month is less than $10.00 a month.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well no question SOE is VERY sneaky in how they do business.In Eq2 they CHANGED items that were green and made them so only subs could use them.

It has NOTHING to do with it being a quest item,it is all about them fixing items so you pay or don't use.

SOE was so lazy in their EQ2 conversions,there was often very good items left untouched and trash items unusable lol.I am sure their intention was to bullocks most items,but their staff is seriously incompetent.

I have played Soe games since around 2001 and i have never seen them act professionally.The recent final nail in the coffin was their 90% care for cash shop and 10% for the game.

IMO SOE is offically dead,they will no longer get money from me.

Pretty sad i went back to playing a brand new player in FFXi ,until i can find something worthy of playing.it seems i am battling developer GREED or crappy games.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by OberanMiM

Neither is appealing

What do you mean "would play  if you could pay less than 10 bucks a month". Currently if you subscribe to a multi month sub you can pay as little as $7.50 a month ($90 for 12 months).  Last i checked $7.50 a month is less than $10.00 a month.

Why would I pay for 12 months?? I don't play any MMO for that long, that would be a complete waste of money. Vanguard In particular has never been able to keep my attention for more than a month or two. Most people I know, don't make that kind of commitments with MMOs so what you are writing is not really relevant

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

i am so surprised that sony uses such turd FtP models for most of their games... when one of their games (potbs) actually has one of the very best freemium models out there.  they should literally cut paste POTBS model into the eq games and into vanguard.

It even does what the free/mium models are meant to do which is make the person want to sub.  because everytime i load up potbs on my machine to just check things out i end up subbing for a coupla months.  and thats what free/mium is sposed to do: make you WANT to sub as opposed to vanguard's making you feel that you will be gimp if you dont sub.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572
    Originally posted by Portland

I cant believe they want us to pay to use Items we received as rewards for long long Quest chains.

No it wasnt enough to increase the GOLD membership Items after Level 20 to almost every Blue and Yellow item that can drop from normal Mobs. 99% of drops are Gold membership items..... 

They couldnt leave their greedy fingers off Quest rewards, they make it almost impossible to stay away from their unbelievable stupid expensive cash shop.  

SOE and Free to play ........

Level 20-55 isnt free to play, sure you can play with green crap items and finally reach level 50 before the servers die......

Again my todays Question >>  Why in the world do we have to pay to use Quest rewards ? 

Indeed. It's pretty darn insulting and the worst F2P system I've seen implemented. I have no compulsion to try out the game again now despite my curiosity being perked previously. And frankly, this game is not worth 15 a month in the shape its in. They need to take a leaf out of LoTRO's book. Players won't tolerate such a restrictive model for very long, especially from a game that's already struggling and has a lack of people to play with. I think the restrictions on classes only hinders the community from flourishing as well. 

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    It is SOE.  I'm suprised there isn't a fee to just download the sony launcher lol.

C'mon man, please don't give them ideas...

:D

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Neither is appealing

Why would I pay for 12 months?? I don't play any MMO for that long, that would be a complete waste of money. Vanguard In particular has never been able to keep my attention for more than a month or two. Most people I know, don't make that kind of commitments with MMOs so what you are writing is not really relevant

You would not play vanguard because you do not like Vanguard.  In your first comment you say "I would play for 10 bucks a month', well Ober told you how to play for that and what do you do,  you backtrack---uh well uh well I dont really want to play for so long. What is it do you hate the game or hate having to pay?

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    If I wanted to rent a car for a day why would I commit and pay for a month (even if the rate is cheaper per month)? What if two days from now I want to rent a truck? Now I'm suck with a car that was cool for a day but find I want to try something different. Come on do you really think charging a cheaper price per month for something so old would hurt SOE's pocketbook that much?

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Originally posted by eddieg50

Neither is appealing

You would not play vanguard because you do not like Vanguard.  In your first comment you say "I would play for 10 bucks a month', well Ober told you how to play for that and what do you do,  you backtrack---uh well uh well I dont really want to play for so long. What is it do you hate the game or hate having to pay?

Don't be stupid and assume things I never said or hinted at. If what I already wrote escapes your ability to grasp simply concepts, then I really don't know what I could add that would change that fact.

I mean I could put it in a pie chart but I get the sense you would still be a lost cause.

Neither is appealing

Don't be stupid and assume things I never said or hinted at. If what I already wrote escapes your ability to grasp simply concepts, then I really don't know what I could add that would change that fact.

I mean I could put it in a pie chart but I get the sense you would still be a lost cause.

Dont blame me if you contradicted your self.  You know I am right now admit it you will feel bettter

Neither is appealing

Dont blame me if you contradicted your self.  You know I am right now admit it you will feel bettter

- see former post

This goes for all future replies you may have as well

Neither is appealing

- see former post

This goes for all future replies you may have as well

Good I am glad you admited it , do you feel better now, it takes a man to admit he was wrong

• Chill0utChill0ut Member Posts: 3

Can't get my head around this, I leveled 1 - 55 as a F2P account. 90% of the quests I did I could use the items as a free player.

Even level 50+ quests I was able to use the rewards.

Yes there are some quests that have better quality rewards that you either need a subscription (Membership) for or purchase an Unlock Potion from the Marketplace to unlock the item and continue as a Free player.

I have now started raiding with my guild and I can still stay free if I use Unlock Potions to unlock the raid items I am getting from the store, but I am thinking of becoming a Gold Member as I am having a blast.

• RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249

I dunno i dont like the gameplay all that much but i miss the feel of a real open world

gw2 pve isnt my cup of tea. I keep coming back to vg forums and maybe this game could bring back this old school mmo feeling

i wonder if the population is more aged and if i would be forced into solo pve. What i want is a friendly community to join