Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay far away from this game.

skellyninjaskellyninja Member UncommonPosts: 5

Unless you plan to only play with friends from other games, don't even bother playing this game. This game has the most horrid community yet seen so far. Just a terrible gaming experience unless you are on the winning team.

Players play to waste your time and blame others for their lack of ability, and while Riot puts a ton of updates and work into it, their management of this behavior is nill. They rely on the horrible community to manage itself.

Waste of time, stay far away.

Comments

• MesfenlirMesfenlir Member Posts: 208
    Agree.
  • DisdenaDisdena Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Riot puts more effort into discouraging bad behavior than any other online game I've ever played in my entire life. It's the nature of MOBA games to have ragers and trolls; their continued existence in LoL is not because Riot is slacking.

• teotiusteotius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Thats why there is an option to disable all chat and ignore players, works really u should try it. And if u are really good in this game u can try raise your elo in rankeds a bit and have less trolls :)
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Now that I have actually become accustomed to the MOBA genre, and enjoy Dota 2, Smite, and now I'm starting to enjoy LoL I can tell you that you are 100% correct. The entire community of this genre are self entitled jerks. If you don't perform good in a game you will consistantly be hassled and called a bad player. Or they will just report you. I never understood that, why can you get reported for not being good at a game, then I have heard that you can actually be temporarily banned from being reported for playing bad. Now since I haven't actually performed the reporting before I wonder if they report you for physically being bad, or if theres an option for intentional feeding of the opposite team and everyone just abuses it. Either way this genre needs more people who don't blame everyone for them losing the game.
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    Or they will just report you. I never understood that, why can you get reported for not being good at a game, then I have heard that you can actually be temporarily banned from being reported for playing bad. Now since I haven't actually performed the reporting before I wonder if they report you for physically being bad, or if theres an option for intentional feeding of the opposite team and everyone just abuses it.

That's a common misconception. When you report someone, if you mouse over the "Unskilled Player" option on the dropdown, the tooltip informs you that it is not a bannable offense. If a player receives numerous Unskilled Player reports, it will slightly affect their matchmaking in unranked games so that they play against worse players. Riot hasn't released information on how many reports are needed or how much of an adjustment it gives. I suspect that it's very slight. It probably exists as a way of letting off steam, so that when someone is upset at a teammate who did poorly, they can report them in a way that does no real harm.

Unskilled Player reports don't go to the Tribunal, but Intentional Feeding is another story. However, if a player does their best and gets reported for Intentional Feeding anyway, they're very likely to get pardoned. We don't see a whole lot of posts in the Tribunal forum for people who were wrongly banned for feeding.

• BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333
    I agree, it should be renamed to League of Ass holes, because that's what it is. You have the worst for the F2P community and there's no IP blocks so there are people from certain locales who are untolerable, if you know what I mean. Someone dies, and a douch always has to go GG noob. Enemy team barely beats you, GG noobs. Along with the various asses on your team. I quit.
  • ZemardZemard Member Posts: 7

I agree that the community is bad taste. Otherwise, playing this game among friends is the most enjoyable experience I've had so far.

It is a bad bringing up good (if a community is bad, I'd rather play with good-old-times friends. )

Glad to know I'm not the only one thinking that way.

• tsuranotsurano Member Posts: 52
    I feel like I get people like this in 1/10 games at the most.  I play the game often and I very rarely get matched with people like those described in this thread.  I have had plenty of games where I joke around with my teammates and the enemy team.  Just be a constructive member of the team (communicate well, don't put people down) and learn to play the game and your rating will rise above the people that constantly troll and rage.  It's only when I go to custom games (where I don't have my good matchmaking rating) that I ever run into people like that and even then it is 1 person in the entire game.
  • bigronbigron Member Posts: 42

MOBA communities are horrible. I'd actually like the genre but I can't stand all the nerdrage, racial epithets and general stupidity.

It's too bad they don't have a sub MOBA where you must be 18 and pass a basic literacy test to join the server.

• willy123096willy123096 Member UncommonPosts: 3

I don't like people who report for being bad. Some champions just naturally counter others and i believe it's just how it goes. You can't report someone for dying too much when that guy uses someone that naturally counters you.

Since this is a why stay far away from this game i also like to share what i dislike about this game. I hate this game because of three reasons

1. There seems to be fix roles in the game. No where or no one from riot or their rules did it say there must be jungler, support, carry, etc. but people keep on demanding these roles all to be here. Yes, it does increase the chance of winning if you play good but no one thinks otherwise. What if the person is bad at that role? What if they don't want to play that role? If you insist on staying as a champion, they will report you for not listening to them.

2. Riot don't seem to keep their word to me. Two champions, evelynn and twitch, are known to be op because before they can sneak up on enemies and kill them before they can respond. They nerfed it saying that "Our purpose is not to have champions walk between other champions." Good, I have no problem with that but a new champion, rengar, was recently released. Yes, can stealth for the same amount of time but he receives sight and can basically pounce at people near him. He also doesn't seem to have that effect where when you are hit, you get the stealth delayed. This provides extraordinary escapes and walking between other champions without being noticed which was the point that was made when the previous champions were nerfed.

3. They don't do the same nerfs to other champions. Another champion, irelia, was also nerfed a lot because of her passive health regeneration per hit with riot saying it's op but irelia isn't the only one with this ability. Nasus, another champion, basically have a passive % vamp (which is a lot stronger then a flat amount of heal the more damage you have) and it never got nerfed.

To conclude this i want everyone to know this is my opinion and please don't attack me with "You are wrong" , "Omg are you noob", etc. because i made it clear that this is my experience and opinion. Whether you want to agree or not is your problem and not mine. On that note, have a good day :D

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Par for the course.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• UWNVMEUWNVME Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Originally posted by bigron

MOBA communities are horrible. I'd actually like the genre but I can't stand all the nerdrage, racial epithets and general stupidity.

It's too bad they don't have a sub MOBA where you must be 18 and pass a basic literacy test to join the server.

Unfortunately, MOBA's by nature are bound to have terrible communities. Even though LoL is considered the "easy" game of the genre, it's still hard to get into unless you've got a friend whose willing to teach you. With the way games can drag on for an entire hour, in which mistakes become less and less forgivable, it's easy to see what causes so much tension amongst teams and why so many players have very little tolerance for having inexperienced teammates.

I first started playing in September of 2010, during the Miss Fortune patch. At the time, there was only around 50 or so champions, I think. Now there's over 100, and in a game where so much of a player's skill is based on knowledge, that's a lot to learn. It's why I've been so reluctant to invest any time in HON, DOTA, or Smite, because I just don't know if I want to go through what I had to go through to get good at LoL.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

It always amuses me that people expect only 'nice' people when there are 70 Million accounts.

That's 10x the amount of people that live in Los Angelos.

If I go to LA do I expect only to meet 'nice' people? No.

So why would anyone expect that in a game where there are 10 times more people?

I don't get the logic.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• aWRAYaWRAY Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by jpnz

It always amuses me that people expect only 'nice' people when there are 70 Million accounts.

I don't get the logic.

People just like to come on here, stand on their little box, and complain. And then they say "Wah wah the community" instead of putting the blame on the individual who upset them. This thread could apply to ANY online game. LoL is just an easy target due to its popularity.

Originally posted by aWRAY

I don't get the logic.

People just like to come on here, stand on their little box, and complain. And then they say "Wah wah the community" instead of putting the blame on the individual who upset them. This thread could apply to ANY online game. LoL is just an easy target due to its popularity.

Not really, it's more than that. You don't interact with people as intimately in MMOs. If someone's bothering you, it's nothing to disregard them or mute them. You interact much more closely with strangers in a moba so they have more opportunity to get under your skin.

There's also the team aspect behind it. If your team loses, you lost, so you look bad. But if you can blame someone on the team for the loss, then that means you didn't necessarily do bad. And if you do anything wrong, you've got incentive to blame someone else proactively, before they can start blaming you. There isn't as much of a focus on "winning" in other massively multiplayer games, so this situation doesn't happen as often.

P.S. As an aside to willy123096, opinions are fine and everything image but Evelynn was faaar from OP at that time. In fact, prior to patch 1.0.0.143 (July 19, one month before Rengar's release), Evelynn was considered the worst champion in the entire game, hands down. Eve was the pick of choice for trolling your team or forcing people to dodge. She was absolutely worthless for anything other than stomping noobs (which you can honestly do with just about any champion). She was completely remade in patch 1.0.0.143 to be MUCH stronger, and received more buffs to all of her abilities in the two patches that followed. At absolutely no point leading up to Rengar did they Riot announce "We're giving Eve a nerf and it's necessary because she's OP."

• RhianneRhianne Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Originally posted by bigron

It's a small consolation, but those same people that never figured out how to spell "you're" correctly are finally graduating from college (well, some of them) and finding that there are no jobs or future for people that spent their entire education insulting people online.

• VendettaDFAVendettaDFA Member Posts: 72

The moba community overall is very rude, but in truth LoL's in game tantrums aren't as bad as some others, HoN in particular. Havent played LoL in a while, but the main issue is the so-called pros running streams and acting as they do set up a particular "accepted behavior" that those who watch seem to take note of. The recent banning of a "pro" by the tribunal for the entirety of season 3 may be a move in the right direction. His antics cost him a full season of paychecks.

Advice is, if you don't see yourself as the next tour pro, play unranked and ignore the chat.

• EnzoBautistaEnzoBautista Member Posts: 29

So far I've been playing for 3 days, I've been practicing on Co-op vs AI  and I've had a few pvp matches aswell.

I think the only anti social people I've come across so far is the ones who join a game then go and roam the map as they please without any kind of communication with the team.

In terms of being abusive or being talked down at, I haven't experienced this side of LoL yet and my overall experience has been quite good so far.

• NikecowNikecow Member UncommonPosts: 31
    There is a reason why my LoL map is named "LeagueofCancer". Stay far away from this game.

They see me lurkin' they hatin...

• ZairuZairu Member Posts: 469
    Originally posted by tsurano
    I feel like I get people like this in 1/10 games at the most.  I play the game often and I very rarely get matched with people like those described in this thread.  I have had plenty of games where I joke around with my teammates and the enemy team.  Just be a constructive member of the team (communicate well, don't put people down) and learn to play the game and your rating will rise above the people that constantly troll and rage.

this is more or less how i would reply to this thread.

also, mobas are like the dark cave that Luke had to walk in. The negative energy that you go in with, will strike back immediately. be nice, respectful, and work together, and most games will still be enjoyable.

when they insult, be the better person and ignore them, and just play to your best ability. don't return the spite because it just throws fuel to a fire and you might find yourself trolling the game worse than the person who called you out.

i ignore the ragers all the time and later the same person comes around usually and were fine, at least long enough to finish the match.

and if they are the abusing type, just use the actual ignore option and report them afterwards.

it's a shame when adults complain about childish behaviour, yet freely take part in it just because someone hurt their feelings online.

"I'm not heartless, I love beating." 

• Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Me and my boys play this game and have fun but seriously the community is very bad... And i use to play Warrock so i know what bad means!!!  :(
  • Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    i have to agree the community on whole is not very nice, i play this game on and off since it came out and its a great game but the chat can go from pleasent to bad day in WoW barrens chat real fast.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    I miss good ole Barren chat lol
  • GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354

I don't get the logic.

I tried it out in beta and purchased the game as soon as it came out; when it did, assholes came out of the works and took over the game and its been like that since. It may be popular, but this game wont last. It sucks ass now. Elitists ruined the game. GG.

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Originally posted by Luxely

I don't get the logic.

I tried it out in beta and purchased the game as soon as it came out; when it did, assholes came out of the works and took over the game and its been like that since. It may be popular, but this game wont last. It sucks ass now. Elitists ruined the game. GG.

This game won't last? It's the most popular game in the world atm and it's only getting bigger.