Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Population

BandenBanden Member Posts: 83
How is the population in perpetuum these days? Increasing? Decreasing? Fun stuff going on, like wars, invasions other shenanigans?

Comments

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Perpetuum just got greenlighted on steam so the population is going to boom very soon.  Its been slowly increasing since it was on greenlight but now that its official....

Yes theres been plenty of action lately as well.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

Not sure, but  the game will be on steam soon.  Hopefully this will help the game grow a bit more.

Edit: Crunchy types faster than me LOL

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

Originally posted by Roxtarr

Not sure, but  the game will be on steam soon.  Hopefully this will help the game grow a bit more.

Edit: Crunchy types faster than me LOL

Raise your post respose lock time.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    i would actually have subbed to this game if only robots could fall off cliffs/slide down steep inclines and be damaged in the process. those yellow "you can't walk there because it's too steep" parts of the terrain really turned me off.
  • gibogibo Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper
    i would actually have subbed to this game if only robots could fall off cliffs/slide down steep inclines and be damaged in the process. those yellow "you can't walk there because it's too steep" parts of the terrain really turned me off.

You would have subbed just to fall off cliffs? Isn't that more annoying? Lame reason not to sub tbh.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    This is good, might come back, I'm debating whether to go perpetuum or dfuw.
  • DreadchainDreadchain Member Posts: 9

Generally though the population has been climbing in the last month or two, after a long downhill tumble.

I expect the whole greenlight business to atleast keep the growth up and if lucky, generate a boom of new players. 

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Dreadchain

Generally though the population has been climbing in the last month or two, after a long downhill tumble.

I expect the whole greenlight business to atleast keep the growth up and if lucky, generate a boom of new players. 

I would have subbed to this game if I didn't continuously get

[18:05:20] [sock] Socket error 10054 - (An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)

Kinda puts a damper in an FFA PVP game dont it?

Originally posted by Dreadchain

Well before steam greenlight the pop was stagnant at a really low level, not much activity other than occasional pvp and dead noob areas.

The day of steam greenlight the pop instantly doubled and noob areas were busy.

Its actually a solid time to join new, you get extra EP, all the good corporations are recruiting..also a lot of vets are returning.  Game still has a long way to go with getting the servers packed though.

If you ever wanted to try a long term game like eve without the snobby eve community or lack of WASD combat nows a great time to jump in.

If your new just do one thing...DONT spend any EP on anything untill you discuss your options with some more experienced players (preferably get into a corp for this).  Theres still a lot of EP traps in game for new players...extension that sound like a good idea to a noob but could be better spent elsewhere.  Also you may come to realize that you dont like the playstyle of the faction you started ect.

• SentimeSentime Member UncommonPosts: 270

Woah that's actually pretty nice.  Always wondered why most games let you fall off cliffs and die so easy.

• zhandaozhandao Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by Sentime

Woah that's actually pretty nice.  Always wondered why most games let you fall off cliffs and die so easy.

Because those games actually respect the player's intelligence. No, it's not nice to watch the game play itself instead of playing it myself.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607