Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wanted to like it...I really really did

Comments

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by muffins89
    it's a decent game imo.  but, it lacks longevity.  by lvl 30 your character has learned all the weapon skills and the majority of utility skills.  combat gets too repetitive.  heart quests get tiresome,  events become same old,  and there is a lack of goals for you to strive for.  i think Anet did a good job laying the foundation for what could be a great game,  but right now it lacks in some major areas.  namely re-playability and longevity.  luckily it was buy to play so i can log in when i get bored with other games.

show me 1 game that isnt repetitive

old quest system - talk with a guy that have "!" over his head go kill,  gather or talk, come back and turn in quest now repeat it 2000 times or more to reach max level

boring crafting? its the best crafting i saw in mmo to lvl your crafting you dont need to make same item over and over and after you reach next tier make another item over and over

you lvl your crafting by doing discoveries, making same item more than once speed up the process when in other games you craft xxxx items and go afk for 1 hour

heart are the old quests but no they are not tiresome theres alot of these that have different things that go kill, talk or gather something

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by bigsmiff

OK, here is my take on GW2:

I find myself logging in just to hit the next level. I am currently level 36 and I am hitting a massive boredom wall. I find the crafting horrible, the quests redundant, the same old mobs in different zones and the auction house is totally useless since you can't craft anything that sells.

The plus side of the game is the exploration, but that isn't enough to keep me playing. I am sure Anet will eventually make the game great, but I am going to have to move on until they do.

I just want to take the time to thank you for adding to the sales count and helping to fund future development for my game.

I got a refund.. guess I'm outta the sales count

think it's horrible ANET gives refunds to the likes of these people but guess they are a pretty good company in that regard.

You really can not help it can you? what do you mean 'likes of these people'? you mean people who are not impressed with your precious? i suggest step away from PC for a while because for someone who is in so love with the game you spend way too much time posting instead of playing.

OP didn't abuse anyone did he?

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212

Actually no.

You'll get filed under expenses/grievances or whatever equivalent their organization may have.

But you'll still count as a +1 in their sales figure.s

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by Istavaan

I agree, people who claim a refund after playing dozens of hours are no better than people who fake an injury on purpose so they can sue.

This game promised to offer a MMO experience without a sub. That would mean YEARS of gameplay.

It does not.

Why is a refund not in order?

• svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277

I'm now in the same boat as the OP. I started out as a skeptic, became a believer, and very quickly just found myself painfully bored.

The gameplay in GW2 is quite possibly the best of any MMO to date. WvW is a lot of fun. The classes are interesting even if they are all pretty similar (in my opinion). But something is just missing and I don't know what it is. I want to say some sort of long-term goal, but I'm not sure that is it either. I'm definitely not one of the guys that got to 80 in a week and screamed the game has no content, I work way too much too accomplish that. But once I did hit 80 I just kind of had the same feeling I do with single player games which is "Well, another one down, on to the next"

If GW2 had been a sub-based game I suspect we would have a lesser version of the SWTOR disaster, but fortunately ANet was smarter than that. Which is bizzare to me, because GW2 is an incredible game, but it just feels lacking for some reason. I find myself now way more anxious for games I never would expect to care about, such as The Repopulation and Age of Wushu.

In the meantime I am slumming through free to play again trying to find something captivating :( I will likely still play GW2 from time to time, but it has failed to keep my interest. Happy for everyone who has found a good MMO home though! It's not so easy to do these days.

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion
    [mod edit]

And your point? I would take the crafting in SWG NGE over the content in any of todays current MMO's. At least it could keep you interested for longer than a month.

SWG NGE had everything that I like in an MMO:

1. Deep crafting system

2. Dungeons

3. Exploration

4. Best housing system in any MMO

5. Great space content

6. No grinding unless that's what you wanted to do

"Look  mommie, what is this one doing over there?" "he is living in the past my son, remembering things that never really happened".

sorry, but SWG went total bullshit when they decided to become a wow clone. therefor:

my mmo is a bird! your argument is invalid! 

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

I find myself logging in just to hit the next level. I am currently level 36 and I am hitting a massive boredom wall. I find the crafting horrible, the quests redundant, the same old mobs in different zones and the auction house is totally useless since you can't craft anything that sells.

The plus side of the game is the exploration, but that isn't enough to keep me playing. I am sure Anet will eventually make the game great, but I am going to have to move on until they do.

I just want to take the time to thank you for adding to the sales count and helping to fund future development for my game.

think it's horrible ANET gives refunds to the likes of these people but guess they are a pretty good company in that regard.

WOW...are you OK? I am not bashing the game at all, but you come on these forums being rude to anyone that doesn't like the game. I only made this thread to maybe help give someone some insight on the game...same as anyone else that discusses a game here.

There are shitloads of people playing the game for over a month and then getting a refund. Anet should say "Fuck you" to those people..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by svandy

I'm now in the same boat as the OP. I started out as a skeptic, became a believer, and very quickly just found myself painfully bored.

The gameplay in GW2 is quite possibly the best of any MMO to date. WvW is a lot of fun. The classes are interesting even if they are all pretty similar (in my opinion). But something is just missing and I don't know what it is. I want to say some sort of long-term goal, but I'm not sure that is it either. I'm definitely not one of the guys that got to 80 in a week and screamed the game has no content, I work way too much too accomplish that. But once I did hit 80 I just kind of had the same feeling I do with single player games which is "Well, another one down, on to the next"

If GW2 had been a sub-based game I suspect we would have a lesser version of the SWTOR disaster, but fortunately ANet was smarter than that. Which is bizzare to me, because GW2 is an incredible game, but it just feels lacking for some reason. I find myself now way more anxious for games I never would expect to care about, such as The Repopulation and Age of Wushu.

In the meantime I am slumming through free to play again trying to find something captivating :( I will likely still play GW2 from time to time, but it has failed to keep my interest. Happy for everyone who has found a good MMO home though! It's not so easy to do these days.

I'm still having a blast and I do understand where you are coming from.

It is true the game needs more things to do, I would say more fluff, housing would be nice aswell, even guildhalls, music system like LOTRO would also be nice.

Things that's not revolving around killing things, more goals to achive.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Originally posted by halflife25

You really can not help it can you? what do you mean 'likes of these people'? you mean people who are not impressed with your precious? i suggest step away from PC for a while because for someone who is in so love with the game you spend way too much time posting instead of playing.

Trying to play the game on a system that is suppose to play the game but can't and gettn a refund = Good

Playing the game for days, gettin bored, and getting a refund = Bad

People who get refunds for getting bored is abusing the system and it makes them a massive d-bag.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

It's plain and simple GW2= boring as hell once the novelty wears off, it's a game for slow starters.

Great Graphics and brilliant cities but that's it i'm afraid, it lacks the  MMO elements to keep me entertained and wanting to log in.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by Buttski
    well... it's a pvp game.

I thought that too.  But the vast majority of the content is centered around PvE.  PvP community is growing restless...

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

Trying to play the game on a system that is suppose to play the game but can't and gettn a refund = Good

Playing the game for days, gettin bored, and getting a refund = Bad

People who get refunds for getting bored is abusing the system and it makes them a massive d-bag.

Aye, I remember that guy who posted here after playing 100+ hours and having a level 80 char that he was going to ask a refund. And yes, it's very sad if ANet gives such a person a refund, I think American law is flawed on that point.

Try that in Europe, and you will be laughted at. But in the US of A, the land where you can trial a company because you were too stupid to wait that your coffee cools before taking a mouthful of it and burning yourself, everything is possible...

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

I find myself logging in just to hit the next level. I am currently level 36 and I am hitting a massive boredom wall. I find the crafting horrible,  the quests redundant, the same old mobs in different zones and the auction house is totally useless since you can't craft anything that sells.

It's not the worst crafting I've experienced in a themepark MMO. The discovery portion is pretty straightforward. You didn't like that either?

You find the quests redundant. What kind of questing do you enjoy? Which MMO was that?

I'm coming to the same realization. I like exploration but I can hit up single player games (Skyrim, Amalur) to enjoy that to a greater degree.

Since this is an MMO, what's left that I truly like? I need to think about that further. 

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

There are shitloads of people playing the game for over a month and then getting a refund. Anet should say "Fuck you" to those people..

I have to agree with that (but more politely). Heck, most games I buy for $60 lasts me 2 weeks, if I would have tired of GW2 by now I would still be rather happy.

3 days or so, I can understand since the game still doesnt have a free trial but if you arent sure if a game is worth $60 or not after playing for a week you dont deserve any money back, and that goes for all games.

Originally posted by Loke666

I have to agree with that (but more politely). Heck, most games I buy for $60 lasts me 2 weeks, if I would have tired of GW2 by now I would still be rather happy.

3 days or so, I can understand since the game still doesnt have a free trial but if you arent sure if a game is worth $60 or not after playing for a week you dont deserve any money back, and that goes for all games.

This is my first time drinking in about a year.. It's a little easier to be not polite about things that upset me a little lol.  I'm gonna play some Darkfall now to let off a little steam *grin*

Edit:  That's one thing I like about your posts...  Always able to keep your cool when dealing with anonymous asshats of the internet:)

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by khameleon
    well... it's a pvp game.

No ts a PVE game actually. 

PVP games let you gank other in the open world. Some let you loot others and that is more hardcore PVP.

GW2 all PVP is optional so its not a PVP game to me at all.

I am playing War Z right now in alpha and you can kill anyoen anytime and loot  if you want. That is real PVP. YOu can choopse to PVE zombies too, but it has PVP anytime anywhere, GW2 is not PVP.

FFA PvP is not what makes a PvP game. That just makes it a FFA PvP game. Would you say games like WAR, DAOC, etc are not PvP games just because they have factions instead of kill everyone, and you cant loot them? You talk about FFA PvP games being "real" PvP, yet whens the last time you saw a game with FFA PvP played in  competetive / e-sport setting? Never, thats when.

PvE is just as optional as PvP, so you cant say its a PvE game either.

As someone else said, its both. Theyre one of few games that actually offers a pretty balanced focus on both types of gameplay and the ability to progress playing it either way rather than completely on 1 side while ignoring the other.

Originally posted by nsignific
    Originally posted by Istavaan

I agree, people who claim a refund after playing dozens of hours are no better than people who fake an injury on purpose so they can sue.

This game promised to offer a MMO experience without a sub. That would mean YEARS of gameplay.

It does not.

Why is a refund not in order?

Something being an MMO in no way correlates to time played. If you enjoy a game immensely, then yes you might find yourself playing it for years. But no game actually offers years worth of unique content that you can play through without havig already done it. It comes down to personal preferences and wether or not you enjoy doing that same content over and over again for years. Some people will play a game for years, others will play it for a few weeks / months. Which one of them makes it an MMO or not? See how ridiculous it is?

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

I knew this by playing beta 1, at this time everyone believed it will be the second coming of MMO messiah.

Why do you think there is no trial available?

Why do you think there is no sub available?

Count 1+1

Same reason they give full refunds I guess? Or maybe not...

imageimage
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

still curious as to why you actually think I care or not if people like this game ort not.. what i don't like is trolling which has be rampant on these boards(not talking about OPs post).. and as for the topic on hand I do think is obsurb any company would give a refund for a game people played for hours and just got bored.. if that was the case I would of gotten a refund for swtor, tera, lotro, AoC, and a couple others but I didn't I stil get more hours out of any of those games than many srpg game provide.. still very surprised anet is generous enough to refund these people.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

still curious as to why you actually think I care or not if people like this game ort not.. what i don't like is trolling which has be rampant on these boards(not talking about OPs post).. and as for the topic on hand I do think is obsurb any company would give a refund for a game people played for hours and just got bored.. if that was the case I would of gotten a refund for swtor, tera, lotro, AoC, and a couple others but I didn't I stil get more hours out of any of those games than many srpg game provide.. still very surprised anet is generous enough to refund these people.

But Aero, didnt you know.

Arenanet is greed incarnate and is attempting to exploit everyone for their hard earned money because they have a cash shop....

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

I knew this by playing beta 1, at this time everyone believed it will be the second coming of MMO messiah.

Why do you think there is no trial available?

Why do you think there is no sub available?

Count 1+1

Same reason they give full refunds I guess? Or maybe not...

I usually don't post such stuff, but... owned =P

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

I'm still enjoying GW2, my first toon was a mesmer and now I'm spending more time with my necromancer and it's a very fun class (reminds me of dark/dark corruptor or brute in City of Heroes), there are many parts of the world I haven't been to yet and I'm at ~70% completion I think.

well... it's a pvp game.
    Yes, but the pvp side is a god awful mess with all those instagib thieves and bunker guardians and elementalists, I haven't bothered with a sPVP/tPVP queue in a few weeks now. WvW is still fun but stops being fun when the players on the losing server transfers over to the winning one, they need to stop the free transfers now.

Originally posted by TeknoBug

I'm still enjoying GW2, my first toon was a mesmer and now I'm spending more time with my necromancer and it's a very fun class (reminds me of dark/dark corruptor or brute in City of Heroes), there are many parts of the world I haven't been to yet and I'm at ~70% completion I think.

well... it's a pvp game.

Yes, but the pvp side is a god awful mess with all those instagib thieves and bunker guardians and elementalists, I haven't bothered with a sPVP/tPVP queue in a few weeks now. WvW is still fun but stops being fun when the players on the losing server transfers over to the winning one, they need to stop the free transfers now.

elementalists? you must really not of played sPVP in awhile heh.. thieves are not hard to counter at all all now and bunker guardians are well bunker guardians they serve their purpose.. been doing sPVP a lot recently and it's by far the most balanced sPVP type gameplay I ever played played this close to the launch of a game like this.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

You could have fooled me if you were not white knighting for GW2 in every single thread.  If it bothers you hit the report button. By making personal attacks you are only making situation even worse.

Also, it is ANET who is giving refnds to people as long as you buy the game from official website. So don't blame just the players. if Anet wants they can remove refund option.

You could have fooled me if you were not white knighting for GW2 in every single thread.  If it bothers you hit the report button. By making personal attacks you are only making situation even worse.

Also, it is ANET who is giving refnds to people as long as you buy the game from official website. So don't blame just the players. if Anet wants they can remove refund option.

so because you don't agree with what I have to say and you agree with people certain people trolling the game I'm white knighting.. it's a nice double standard on these forums though.. but just find it funny the one in question said they feel ANET is trying to mislead or trick people in some way by not offering a trial or anything yet they offer full refunds.. and.. yea...

so because you don't agree with what I have to say and you agree with people certain people trolling the game I'm white knighting.. it's a nice double standard on these forums though.. but just find it funny the one in question said they feel ANET is trying to mislead or trick people in some way by not offering a trial or anything yet they offer full refunds.. and.. yea...

I don't agree with personal attacks because i have suffered the brunt from day to day basis and i am getting a little annoyed.

It is quite possible to give your opinion without personal attacks. Could you show me where i said i agree with OP? how ever i do diagree with internet bullying and pack mentality that goes around here the moment someone dares to crticise GW2. And it is always the same 4 or 5 names who jump on OP like a pack of hungry wolves.