Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ring of Squeal and Latest updates

Fo7GamingFo7Gaming Member Posts: 4

So I thought I would make a post about my thoughts to the latest Runescape updates. (And soon to come ones)

Ring of Squeal Buy Spins:

Effectively ruining the game, you can now buy EXP and GP via buying spins for the the RoS.

Absolutely terrible, considering hard about quitting becouse of this, terrible to after 10-11 years put in an update that effectively enables you to buy your way to max level.

Read about it: Here

Behind the Scenes - April:

Looks like a fairly good month for updates, looking forward to changes in Runecrafting and Dungeoneering.

Also Fremmenik Saga II is apparently coming out, some more quests for those interested.

More about the updates coming in April: Here

Easter 2012: Chocatrice vs Evil Chicken:

Well, it's yet another Holiday event, not sure if I'll bother this time..they've just been "get the new emote!" events for me the last 2 years...might do it on the last day or so if I bother at all.

Well, any comments on how JaGex are turning more and more of their loyal players down by trying to make the maximum amount of money out of the game?

Sure looking forward to the ruining of Runecrafting myself, if it's as fast as they say it will be (couple of friends have said) it will replace ZMI as the fastest way to that Runecrafting cape.

And well, everyone likes more updates to Dungeoneering to be honest, a little bit of an kick to the balls for some of the players already at max level though, it is fairly hard to imagine that they would make the fast skill even faster by adding stackable resources nad a toolbelt, we'll see how players react to this..forums are firing up already.

Comments

• _Jord__Jord_ Member Posts: 228

The "Squeal of Fortune" would be a very expensive way to level. You are WAY over-dramatizing it. You get 1000 gold (NOTHING) or a small/medium XP lamp 99.5% of the time. Idiots will buy extra spins, but really it's just legalized gambling. Anyone with half a brain would realize that you'd need to spend tens of thousands of RL$ to level a single skill to 99 using this "game-breaking" method.

Fail.

------
    Played - UO, FFXI, WAR, WoW, EVE
    Currently - Bored.

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by Fo7Gaming

So I thought I would make a post about my thoughts to the latest Runescape updates. (And soon to come ones)

Effectively ruining the game, you can now buy EXP and GP via buying spins for the the RoS.

Absolutely terrible, considering hard about quitting becouse of this, terrible to after 10-11 years put in an update that effectively enables you to buy your way to max level.

Looks like a fairly good month for updates, looking forward to changes in Runecrafting and Dungeoneering.

Also Fremmenik Saga II is apparently coming out, some more quests for those interested.

Well, it's yet another Holiday event, not sure if I'll bother this time..they've just been "get the new emote!" events for me the last 2 years...might do it on the last day or so if I bother at all.

Well, any comments on how JaGex are turning more and more of their loyal players down by trying to make the maximum amount of money out of the game?

Sure looking forward to the ruining of Runecrafting myself, if it's as fast as they say it will be (couple of friends have said) it will replace ZMI as the fastest way to that Runecrafting cape.

And well, everyone likes more updates to Dungeoneering to be honest, a little bit of an kick to the balls for some of the players already at max level though, it is fairly hard to imagine that they would make the fast skill even faster by adding stackable resources nad a toolbelt, we'll see how players react to this..forums are firing up already.

Perhaps becoming a subscriber would help. Subs get two free spins a day as well as dailies. Got 9 spins a couple of days ago. Makes leveling much easier as a sub than a f2p. But then again, those free players are f2p, so what do you expect!

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167
    Originally posted by xpowderx

Perhaps becoming a subscriber would help. Subs get two free spins a day as well as dailies. Got 9 spins a couple of days ago. Makes leveling much easier as a sub than a f2p. But then again, those free players are f2p, so what do you expect!

Seeing your name just reminded me of the time I used to read your crazy posts in the R&P section image

?

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by AkaJetson
    Originally posted by xpowderx

Seeing your name just reminded me of the time I used to read your crazy posts in the R&P section image

hehe, what I was best known for. Too bad all those crazy things eventually turned out for the most, to be true. But not going there. Now , im a mmo gamer first, a poltical pundit second :-P.

I am thinking of dropping RS for a month or two. Pirate101 is open now! Incredible fun game to play(Even with the kiddie graphics). Spending alot of time there. Besides, am leveling smithing right now in RS. Talk about a painful skill to level up! So a break is a bit needed.