Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Major Cockup

ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

About a month ago, I've decided to return to Lotro for a while for the upcoming Rohan expansion. Pre-ordered the expansion for 39.99 - activated on my account page and received all the goodies and extra turbine points. 

Few hours back, the expansion was released. Rohan disappeared from my account page and I can't access expansion, as if I never bought it.

From the official forums, it seems that I'm not alone. Email Support is not replying and Turbine has no live chat like Funcom where I could solve that immediately.

REALITY CHECK

Comments

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Haha the entire history of this WoW clone has been one big cockup.

They've been more or less in a deathspin going nowhere since they changed their entire game from a sandbox to a WoW clone 9 months before they launched it.

Biggest IP in the world and it needed to go FTP. Just sad.

Now, they're trying to do something new for the first time in... EVER, of this game, and they screw it up.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

They've been more or less in a deathspin going nowhere since they changed their entire game from a sandbox to a WoW clone 9 months before they launched it.

Now, they're trying to do something new for the first time in... EVER, of this game, and they screw it up.

Oh look another "wow clone" referrence.

/drinks

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by IIIcurrier
    [mod edit]

If LotRO was more like EQ maybe it would have been tolerable. EQ wasn't centered around solo grinding quests, with locked out instances and gated zones, with a lack of gameplay depth or death penalty or reason to group. But LotRO is.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

The issue with Basic edition RoR was fixed several hours ago; you should be able to quest in Rohan now.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Yes, it works now. Apart from the fact that I couldn't play the xpac on the first day, the quality of the xpac itself is refreshingly high.

REALITY CHECK

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

/drinks

I would of agreed with you.....before the launch of loth (right after moria). Ever since loth "Expansion" lotro has earned th etitle as a WoW clone. Do i have to list why? Won't go into that, mostly because i don't play anymore.

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371
    Originally posted by Thillian
    Yes, it works now. Apart from the fact that I couldn't play the xpac on the first day, the quality of the xpac itself is refreshingly high.

I think this is what should be taken out of this thread.  Despite some bugs and a few problems, the expansion is fun.

• ThenextbigthingThenextbigthing Member Posts: 104

You're living on a different planet to me then buddy, because i've no problems with this game in 5 years.

Yet another attention seeker who probably doesn't even play.

• ThenextbigthingThenextbigthing Member Posts: 104
    Originally posted by xalvi

/drinks

I would of agreed with you.....before the launch of loth (right after moria). Ever since loth "Expansion" lotro has earned th etitle as a WoW clone. Do i have to list why? Won't go into that, mostly because i don't play anymore.

So why even comment? *face palm*

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    Originally posted by Thenextbigthing
    Originally posted by xalvi

/drinks

So why even comment? *face palm*

To justify why if can be called a WoW clone now? I called out the time period of when it can be called a wow clone. Read before posting it helps, troll better. Cha Cha