Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wanted to like it...I really really did

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by bigsmiff
    Can a mod please close this thread? I don't know why I even bothered with my opinion...

imho it would of been better to lay out all your likes/dislikes and made a thread in the review section.. probably would get a better discussion out of it

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Dont worry OP, better games are comming.image

Keep saying that and one day your life will be over.

Death is the only thing promised to us all

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

OK, here is my take on GW2:

I find myself logging in just to hit the next level. I am currently level 36 and I am hitting a massive boredom wall. I find the crafting horrible, the quests redundant, the same old mobs in different zones and the auction house is totally useless since you can't craft anything that sells.

The plus side of the game is the exploration, but that isn't enough to keep me playing. I am sure Anet will eventually make the game great, but I am going to have to move on until they do.

I just want to take the time to thank you for adding to the sales count and helping to fund future development for my game.

I got a refund.. guess I'm outta the sales count

think it's horrible ANET gives refunds to the likes of these people but guess they are a pretty good company in that regard.

I agree, people who claim a refund after playing dozens of hours are no better than people who fake an injury on purpose so they can sue.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Foomerang

[mod edit]

The best part about that thread you linked was half the replies are gw2 fans saying "here come the trolls!!!lol brace for impact!!!" The number of those posts actually outnumbered the number of negative posts haha /cheers

this is true guess they decided to make their own threads instead:)

Oh the Irony

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Dont worry OP, better games are comming.image

Keep saying that and one day your life will be over.

Death is the only thing promised to us all

there is no better game just more disappointment for you, when your standards are ridiculously high you'll never find home.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

I find myself logging in just to hit the next level. I am currently level 36 and I am hitting a massive boredom wall. I find the crafting horrible, the quests redundant, the same old mobs in different zones and the auction house is totally useless since you can't craft anything that sells.

The plus side of the game is the exploration, but that isn't enough to keep me playing. I am sure Anet will eventually make the game great, but I am going to have to move on until they do.

And.what.are.you.planning.to.move.on.to.as.I.would.be.interested.as.well.cause.GW2.has.kinda.left.me.in.the.same.mindset???

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by Domoto
    Originally posted by Fangrim
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

To OP:

I am sorry that you have not found enough enjoyment in GW2. I myself am still having fun, have an 80 and working on an alt here and there. I will fully admit it's going to take some work to get the game to appeal to more people/have a sense of longevity. To me most MMO's rarely have an actual sense of longevity, despite maybe older type sandbox games, but that was mostly spent just making your own stuff to do. To me, hitting end game and running raids, and hitting endgame and farming Orr...are pretty much the same thing, so I was expecting it. It's really matter of perspective and what one enjoys. Exploration is fun, but even I can admit it can get old. Hopefully they will add enough content that you can once again enjoy it, until then good luck in your MMO adventures :D

Thank you for a respectful and sensible response

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Slightly OT...but is your avatar Chuck Norris wielding a lightsaber?
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

I just want to take the time to thank you for adding to the sales count and helping to fund future development for my game.

think it's horrible ANET gives refunds to the likes of these people but guess they are a pretty good company in that regard.

WOW...are you OK? I am not bashing the game at all, but you come on these forums being rude to anyone that doesn't like the game. I only made this thread to maybe help give someone some insight on the game...same as anyone else that discusses a game here.

you can read my post history i only get on certain people that are obviously trolling(not saying you are trolling at all).. and besides i think it is obsurd people can play this game for more hours than most single player games offer and still get a refund.. that's being VERY generous of ANET  imho 

Ok lets see,  over 4k post count sense 2/12.  WoW you must live here,  Where do you find the time to play GW2?

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by stayontarget

Ok lets see,  over 4k post count sense 2/12.  WoW you must live here,  Where do you find the time to play GW2?

I think she multiboxes.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by stayontarget

I think she multiboxes.

i do actually:) well sometimes(have dual computer setup).. but most of my posts are on my 12 hour work shifts

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by grimal
    Slightly OT...but is your avatar Chuck Norris wielding a lightsaber?

It was...I am glad you reminded me to change it.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404

I haven't had a chance to play this game much, a few times at a friends place that lives out of town. I've been a member to these forums quite awhile and only usauly post when seeking information or trying to give it . I'd rather be playing mmos than posting about it and I think my join date vs my total number of post shows this to be true.

That said I'm kind of worried I would end up in the same boat as the OP and I appreciate when people post their opinions, both like and dislikes about it, like to OP has done.

I wish to thank the OP for starting this thread even though he probably knew what would happen, as some of us do apprieciate the opinions expressed. I wish to finish with, finding relaible information about gameplay experience from various sources to be very very difficult as it seem to be the same people over and over, taking over these threads.

I respect peoples right to express their views but at some point it seems to me it becomes more than  a little redudent when you express your views in every thread in pratically every page of the threads about the game. It has made it, for me, a very unpleasant experience to look through these threads so that i may make a decision about the game.

Thanks again OP I think I have this time made up my mind about the game once and for all !

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• praytockpraytock Member Posts: 23
    Im On par wit the OP....im bored =(....looking forward to darkfaull for now i guess...ahh well.
  • aphydorkaphydork Member Posts: 133

I like it.

I just wish there was more variety in the things you can do at max level.

• DomotoDomoto Member UncommonPosts: 82

I thought thats what GW2 meant,sorry if i offended you.

Edit: After all gnomes need some lovin too.

Takes more than that to offend me, I just find it funny when someone talks about disliking fanboys of something, yet talk about it/bash it so much they are themselves just as bad...an anti-fanboy if you will

and yes, yes they do

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Originally posted by Buttski
    well... it's a pvp game.

No ts a PVE game actually. 

PVP games let you gank other in the open world. Some let you loot others and that is more hardcore PVP.

GW2 all PVP is optional so its not a PVP game to me at all.

I am playing War Z right now in alpha and you can kill anyoen anytime and loot  if you want. That is real PVP. YOu can choopse to PVE zombies too, but it has PVP anytime anywhere, GW2 is not PVP.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by grimal Slightly OT...but is your avatar Chuck Norris wielding a lightsaber?
    It was...I am glad you reminded me to change it.

I love how that was "slightly" off topic lol
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by khameleon
    well... it's a pvp game.

PVP games let you gank other in the open world. Some let you loot others and that is more hardcore PVP.

I am playing War Z right now in alpha and you can kill anyoen anytime and loot  if you want. That is real PVP. YOu can choopse to PVE zombies too, but it has PVP anytime anywhere, GW2 is not PVP.

It's actually neither. For whatever reason, people don't seem to understand that GW2 is a game that you play how you want to. You aren't forced to PvP, and you aren't forced to PvE either (unless you count the brief tutorial instance).

It's never been a game intended to force people to play any one specific way, but some people still want that.

• umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123
    I wanted to care about u whining I really did. But I don't.
  • evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

I knew this by playing beta 1, at this time everyone believed it will be the second coming of MMO messiah.

Why do you think there is no trial available?

Why do you think there is no sub available?

Count 1+1

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I can answer those questions.

No trial - it's a B2P game.  There aren't many (any?) B2P games for PC from any genre that offer free trials.  On top of that, it was just released not even 2 months ago.

No sub - Arenanet is a company that built themselves around the idea of making ORPGs without a subscription.  GW1 was a CORPG, GW2 a MMORPG.  Both built around the idea of not charging a sub.  Why?  Because they feel that players should have the choice of when they play and how much they want to pay for the game beyond the initial payment.

Of course, you can go on believing it's because GW2 lacks something that they don't charge a sub.  I'll continue to believe that Arenanet made such a good game people will continue to give them money because they want to.  Not because they feel they have to, which is what you end up with in a sub based game.

If GW2 ends up with the longevity of its predecessor, who will end up feeling silly?

On topic, Bigsmiff, have you tried playing with other people?  While much of the game can be played solo, in my experience, it's way more fun to play with others.

And, I have no problem selling my crafted gear on the BLTC.  I just put it up there and wait for a week and usually what I put up there sells within that time.

Besides, there's always PvP and dungeons.  Or the personal story.  Oh, and jumping puzzles.  I personally love those.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

I agree, people who claim a refund after playing dozens of hours are no better than people who fake an injury on purpose so they can sue.

Or buy clothes, wear them, and then return them for a refund.

I agree, I think it is very generous of Anet to do that.  Just confirms to me yet again they are a stand up company.

I'd love to see someone try that crap with Blizzard or any of the other companies people seem to love on this site.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• Venom8XVenom8X Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by aesperus
    Originally posted by khameleon
    well... it's a pvp game.

It's actually neither. For whatever reason, people don't seem to understand that GW2 is a game that you play how you want to. You aren't forced to PvP, and you aren't forced to PvE either (unless you count the brief tutorial instance).

It's never been a game intended to force people to play any one specific way, but some people still want that.

Well it has no world PvP so you can throw that out of the "play how you want to" aspect of it. Every server in the game is a PvE server. Structured PvP is nothing but a mini game on different tiny maps with the same objective and WvWvW is not much as far as PvP. The PvP is super limited and has no point to it.

I don't know about the PvE part of the game since I don't care much for dungeons and raids. I hear the PvE is great and I also hear the PvE is horrible.

This game is far from a PvP game. Whether you want to play it like a PvP game or not, you simply can't. It only simulates it in the most mediocre way possible. You can't even duel people which is probably one of the most basic things in any game with decent PvP.

For the most part, I agree with Bigsmiff's opinion of the game. I too quit at around the same level for the same exact reasons a week after the release. It seemed very promising but it was WAAAAY over hyped which ruined it even more for some people. The game has decent graphics and very good looking zones. I guess it's an amazing game for those who like to just explore and look at the scenery.

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    My account is being occupied by my 4 yr old niece. I made some macros on my naga and she's surprisingly efficient. I have to guide her around some but she's controlling the character on her own. Oneday when she's a hardcore MMO gamer I'll look back on GW2 with fond memories. So vicariously through a kid I'm able to enjoy the game. Serious post.
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

I knew this by playing beta 1, at this time everyone believed it will be the second coming of MMO messiah.

Why do you think there is no trial available?

Why do you think there is no sub available?

Count 1+1

Yeah and CIA shot Kennedy.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.