Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMORG do you think is the most advanced?

I don't know why but i like the more advanced games in the MMORPG world. Like RO.

Ro is actually a pretty hard game. You have:

*Alot of different builds (agi, vit, int, luk, str, dex)
*Alot of cards that you can compound on different equips (footgear, headgear, weapon, shield, accsesory)
*Different equipment have a different amount of slots (4 is what i have seen as the most)
*The skills is very addactive to the class. for example, priest. Only have support skills and skills that only can harm fiends with undead property. Crusader. Described as a holy warrior and by that is a tank that best can use a shield to protect other members in a party. And so on.

*Different builds has different impact on the class. For example, Priest. INT increase of SP and SP recovery and the strength of your magic. And DEX do so you can cast your spells faster.

*I heard many complaining on fast leveling. Yes it is fast, but when you reach around lvl 70, it's going to become pretty hard to level u your character. + your character is still not good if you don't have A/The right equipment B/The right cards that are good for your class C/The right skills for your class.

*Card in RO there are many of. And there are cards that are good in PvP, against MvP and there are cards that are good when you are out and exping with your character.

I also heard some people say that the prices in RO are to expensive, well, they are expensive but that is because you can collect money pretty fast in the game, surely a few 100k on a day if you are working hard.

That is about all i have to say about RO right now.

I'm the cutest.

Comments

• ShazzelShazzel Member Posts: 472
    k
  • bobblerbobbler Member UncommonPosts: 810

anarchy online/UO are the most advanced in their own ways.

• LordMagnusLordMagnus Member CommonPosts: 1,322

Ao/Eve

• JhughesyJhughesy Member Posts: 419
    Eve.
  • logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Whats next? Is someone going to say RO's Graphics are among te most advanced?

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

RO is a very addictive game unlike other games.  Mainly cause of its chat system.  You can bash the game all you want but it has only lost 10% of its population in 2 years of release in the United States.  By this time other games would have lost about 20% to everysingle person.  Also the players of RO usually quit ro while they try to play another more popular mmo like Worlds of Warcraft but end up coming back.  Despite lacking gameplay, RO has a lasting player appeal.

Also RO2's graphics are amonf the most advanced.

• TheWarcTheWarc Member Posts: 1,199

Originally posted by logangregor
    Whats next? Is someone going to say RO's Graphics are among te most advanced?

Ragnarok Online is complicated, you knew this if you've played the game..
  • RykerRyker Member UncommonPosts: 207
    I would say shadowbane and AO.
  • JSlayterJSlayter Member Posts: 6

AO/EVE image even though I currently dont play either any longer, out of all the MMORPGS ive played, they were the best two, and thats 11 years of gaming in mmorpgs...  take it for what you want

• SturmwindSturmwind Member Posts: 66

RO is not complicated in the least. If you think RO is complicated you're probably going to have trouble playing idiot games like WoW.

Anarchy Online can be pretty complicated at times, and EVE is annoyingly complicated.

• KorvenKorven Member Posts: 22

Well i have not played AO and EVE because i don't like games that have the sci-fi genre. But maby they are more complicated than RO, but i still think that RO (for me atleast) is still a complicated game if you compare it to... let's say L2. The only thing i saw in the game was to level up as fast as you could and collect the most amount of money so you could buy the strongest equipment there is in the game.

I'm the cutest.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Well, there is many differents fields, to judge overall is always tricky.

For example, CoH is definitely not the most advanced overall game, yet, it was GREAT fun...Fun wise, it would be the most advanced game, prior the Accolades & the thousand nerfs.  image

Here is a list of where the MMOs I have tried could be considered the most advanced:

EQ2: Graphics-wise, tools-wise & UI (the list of functions for an individual, for a guild or even for a pizza delivery, all in game and friendly user, it is plainly amazing how the functions kick in easily and well for the amount of them and in which order you assimilate them, the work is AMAZING, so when I tease them and say it would be a good game for my grandma, it really would!), Marketing wise (expension and adventures package, payments options)

EQ: Still unrivaled raid-wise, no matter how much Afterlife try to say WoW is better, the raid content is simply extremely well developped, a guild has quite many challenges to undertake (if they want to sit and claims they are the best, not the best game to play, to much content for them).  LDoN is still neat after all this time, but I dunno how I could plug LDoN rationnally in here. image

CoH: Travel powers, Character customisation, Combat mechanic.

SoR: Their system would be the best soloing system...they just don't understand that and make it grouping, silly Nevrax.  Tradeskills may lack a little, but there is something about their tradeskills that should be incorporated in a bigger system...for example don't like to always forage, but the basic is neat.

Horizons: It got cool dragons to play!  Tradeskills.

WoW: PvE/PvP mix, the mix is still relatively backward, but they mix and manage to reach PvP and PvE players interest better than any rival..  In mixing many elements in 1 game, yet never rivalising with any serious contender on any precise aspect short of PvE/PvP.  For example, PvE wise many games beat them, PvP wise many games beat them, but in mixing all in 1, they are ahead.

DAoC: RvR and many nice functions that sometimes where ignore in recent release (they teach EQ2 for the tools and functions).

Matrix and FFXI: Sorry, I see nothing in those games.  Maybe I am blind, but maybe there is really nothing.

PS: I never try AO or EvE...and for RO after 30 minutes I act like a child and uninstall it.  EvE has many big issues with the very design of the game, I would not care to try it...AFKing PvP system...LOL whatever.  AO was just not appealing...so I never try it.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• LightSlayerLightSlayer Member Posts: 182

LOL RO BEING ADVANCED! LOL!
    GMs barely do anything and you can bot 24/7 to reach 99 and they won't catch you. WoE, wizards just camp the zone enternece, who cares if they have anti freeze cards or whatever they are called now, only thing I like about that game is prolly watching criticals flying up on the lord knight in a insane speed. RO is a average game but not advanced as you say. I would play RO again only if it wasnt run by stupid iRO

Everquest 2 - High Graphics
    Lineage 2 - Unexpected Situations
    CoH - Character Dynamics
    World of Warcraft - All-over game
    Guild Wars - Strategic Elements/Skill of Players

---------------------------------------------

• TheWarcTheWarc Member Posts: 1,199

Originally posted by LightSlayer

GMs barely do anything and you can bot 24/7 to reach 99 and they won't catch you. WoE, wizards just camp the zone enternece, who cares if they have anti freeze cards or whatever they are called now, only thing I like about that game is prolly watching criticals flying up on the lord knight in a insane speed. RO is a average game but not advanced as you say. I would play RO again only if it wasnt run by stupid iRO

GM's don't have anything to do with how complicate a game is.
    So come with some better arguments next time.

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Originally posted by TheWarc

GM's don't have anything to do with how complicate a game is.
    So come with some better arguments next time.

He said you can bot your way to 99.

RO Fanbois give it a rest already. There is no way in hell Id say a 2d LAME anime game is advanced. Graphics arent everything, I agree--But if you have worse graphics than Shadowbane, well that just kills it for me.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    they are all the same crap, i hope pirates of the burning sea brings in new perspective into pvp
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Everquest 2 - High Graphics
    Lineage 2 - Unexpected Situations
    CoH - Character Dynamics
    World of Warcraft - All-over game
    Guild Wars - Strategic Elements/Skill of Players

I agree that Ragnarok Online isnt the most advanced.  But that statement is no longer true.  Its infact over 2 years old.  When was the last time you played?  In Open Beta.  In what game have you seen a GM in Open Beta?

Currently almost all the national RO servers have GM teams that are unmatched with almost instantaneous responses.  You dont get that with WoW, any SOE, Turbine, or NC soft game.  Sure they don't show themselves in game since it would lower thier credibility as a commercial game.  But if you have a problem they get on it immediately; and when they arent doing that they are hunting down afore mentioned bots; especially those 90+. If you look at the suspended list you would see a list of atleast 50 bots being banned a day.  With the thread popping up sometime of "My friend was banned for botting when they are 90+; but they didnt do it."

Also in WoE now you need more then just a camping wizard with SG.  If thats all you had the Advanced classes and rogues would simply slaughter them.

• leexxleexx Member UncommonPosts: 22

AO, imps, stats weapons and armor, lots to keep track of!::::01::

• DoppyDoppy Member Posts: 23

shaolin online...
    i don't think many ppl here plays the game.
    but. its hard as hell.
    u always need a team.
    and every class is crucial (mixed class team)
    1 skill point/lv
    its a mmo but its like an rpg that you atk once then monster atk once. (forgot the term for it)
    i quit after lv 30. too difficult.

• RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599

AO no question about it.

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas