Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SV No punishment for hackers/duping

GrikeableGrikeable Member Posts: 5

Couple days back there was a dupe released in MO, This guy then posted this on the MO forums, Paratus then quickly removed this post also said the dupe was fixed and the player had been banned, Now the next day I see the supposedly banned player, PVP'ing against us, yeah...WTF?

So I message Discord saying hey whats up with this?

--------

ME: So whats Vestia doing playing Mortal again? PVP'ing with DERPIINA?character. When hes banned for duping?

<[LGM]Discord> we ban the accounts not the persons alts if there is no offense on?the account we don't touch it

ME: that is ridiculous, sorry.

[06:38.10] <[LGM]Discord> can't always prove intent if I banned every account attached to a?cheater I woudln't have any players

[06:38.23] <[LGM]Discord> remember you guys do share accounts

ME: he didnt even get banned then because he did this on a trial account. gg

<[LGM]Discord> Maybe I should make the dupe procedures public, it might make?more sense

ME: Yeah I ended convo when he said that.

---------

So right now in MO there are dupes and hackers going around in game, with no support whatsoever. We are gutted that a great game like MO is coming down to this, MO you have a great CM that diserves a better position. I think Henrik is being kept away from the light here and doesn't even know whats going on in his own game.

Comments

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

-Alright, I am probably one of the people who "hates" on SV the most- In the short time I have been here this forum alone has netted me more "bans" than I have ever had in my life....Anywhere.

I mention this because I would usually believe and laugh at any Sv antics... But this? I dont know...This CANNOT be real? I cant even begin to comment on the above as it will turn into a BOOK. IF true, there is SOOOOOOOOO much LOL in every word of the above conversation you had with Discord.

-I am not saying you are lying. I am saying I find this hard to believe even for SV.

• GrikeableGrikeable Member Posts: 5

Good enough?

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

...WOW.

I cannot believe he actually said all that. So the "official" stance is that you can indefinatley dupe or exploit on a trial account and never lose your real account even while publicly making a mockery of the game.

Thats funny and sad at the same time. SV have broken a new record for "Low"...And just when I thought they couldnt top the last record it just gets...better...Worse?

he also essentially said everyone who plays cheats. So anyone not cheating using a trial account is gimping themselves...And there really isnt any risk to cheating.

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347

Discord is an idiot, no surprise there.

He pretty much abuses his power at every opportunity, and then backpedals and provides an endless ream of excuses whenever a legit issue is brought to his attention.

Just the other day he came into our guild chat and started talking shit. He isn't a member of our guild, but apparently it's within there toolset to allow instant access to any guild's chat in the game.

Shady shit.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by Grikeable

[06:38.10] <[LGM]Discord> can't always prove intent if I banned every account attached to a?cheater I woudln't have any players

Wow what a fucking scumbag Discord is.  What a joke of a policy.

I was in game from release and never once cheated or hacked.  Lots of people haven't...  and if someone does dupe ALL their accounts should be banned.

Luckily DF:UW will put a fnal end to this game once and for all.

Yeah hes in our Guild too, now and then he will type a message in our Guild chat and were like WTF?
  • GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Yeah hes in our Guild too, now and then he will type a message in our Guild chat and were like WTF?

Actually you and I are in the same guild, I'm one of the new prospects ;)

I was in TS the other day when Discord was in g-chat and people were talking about it, that is how I became aware of what was occuring. Ridiculous that he can just enter private guild chat at anytime and start giving his two cents.

Didn't realize who you were till I read the chat log, though it should have been obvious by your forum nick.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

With all the backlash over Discord im surprised we wasn't secretly asked to change his name so Henrik can pretend he was fired.

By great CM are you referring to Thiea?   Thiea has proven to be just as inpet and dishonest as the rest of the team. It was a very poor idea for Thiea to come to MMORPG.com spouting SV propaganda.  Thiea was sent running from mmorpg.com after being called out on all the BS .

http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/GMTheia

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by Hancakes

With all the backlash over Discord im surprised we wasn't secretly asked to change his name so Henrik can pretend he was fired.

By great CM are you referring to Thiea?   Thiea has proven to be just as inpet and dishonest as the rest of the team. It was a very poor idea for Thiea to come to MMORPG.com spouting SV propaganda.  Thiea was sent running from mmorpg.com after being called out on all the BS .

Starvault... bringing failure to a whole new level.

There was a thread recently in MOFO where Theia said he got banned "because the line between advertising and telling people of MO is so thin" :D

Man, Theia was one hell of an annoyance.. a borderliner as GM? Like seriously? :D

So right now in MO there are dupes and hackers going around in game, with no support whatsoever. We are gutted that a great game like MO is coming down to this, MO you have a great CM that diserves a better position. I think Henrik is being kept away from the light here and doesn't even know whats going on in his own game.

Lol it's always been like that.

And Henrik knows of this. The fish always stinks from the head onwards, you know?

He reads this forum. It's all he ever does, reading forums. He can't actually do anything else. Designing a speed curve is above his intellect. Designing noob areas is above his intellect. Balancing races and weapons is above his intellect.

So instead he just gets mad and drunk and trolls against "dissidents" in online forums. Still waiting eagerly for his epic rage postings when he quits and goes back to posing in underwear.

Originally posted by FastSloth
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Starvault... bringing failure to a whole new level.

There was a thread recently in MOFO where Theia said he got banned "because the line between advertising and telling people of MO is so thin" :D

Man, Theia was one hell of an annoyance.. a borderliner as GM? Like seriously? :D

Hardly...Thiea was just another in a long line of failed marketing on MMORPG.com, plus Theia wasnt a shill.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Theia may have failed his purpose here on MMORPG, but he is one of the least worst GMs MO has atm, imo.
  • FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132
    Maybe, but that's, like, skin cancer is one of the less worst types of cancer. :|
    Originally posted by Toferio
    Theia may have failed his purpose here on MMORPG, but he is one of the least worst GMs MO has atm, imo.

LMAO ye ole MO "logic"...Isnt that like saying the least stinky turd?

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Simple:  More worried about playerbase numbers than the honest players.
  • YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    Discord is awful, I say it all the time, fire him. He needs to be fired. Dupers and exploiters push out the honest players. I have recently unsubbed due to GM response on dupers. I don't get these mortal subscribers, they keep hoping for that silver lining and it never comes. I've seen ppl make suggestions only to look at their post history to see they made the same suggestions 2 years ago. I don't understand it.
  • IXBEARIXBEAR Member Posts: 27
    Im actualy in the guild IX and the charc derpinna is in our guild. And its not even vestia hell its not even someone who ever played whit old AQ or vestia before. Do some research before ya talk down on a company.
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

That game is a train wreck, honestly dont know why people are still bothering with it. I bought the game and quickly realised this and wrote the investment of as a live and learn loss.

So learn and move on...

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by Mortalted
    Im actualy in the guild IX and the charc derpinna is in our guild. And its not even vestia hell its not even someone who ever played whit old AQ or vestia before. Do some research before ya talk down on a company.

Fair enough but has nothing to do with Discords policy which is the point....

Make trial - Dupe - Profit as no accounts on the same IP get banned.

• myndziussmyndziuss Member UncommonPosts: 26

Lol, i was waiting for someone to say this.

Guess who told AQ that templarz was duping.

Btw, as you can see templarz's main account has been banned or had its characters deleted since hes not on the DB anymore. Same punishment that other dupers have faced recently.

If thats true then fair enough but it should result in an IP ban, unable to make anymore accounts. Now when you get banned you can just make another account, and carry on. Silly, And probably cleared his banks etc before he got banned. And Mortalted he openly admitted that DERPINA was his character when he was on trial for KotO, He even came out to PVP with us on that character. thats why I know it is him. I feel gutted that a player would even try to back this guy up.
  • IXBEARIXBEAR Member Posts: 27
    Derpina is kurko.
    Derpina is kurko.

i don't think anyone cares, it is obvious it is discords response that is the issue.  

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    So why do you all keep on playing this game, knowing how it will turn out in the end with exploiters doing what they want and devs breaking every moral rule in the book?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Originally posted by Muke
    So why do you all keep on playing this game, knowing how it will turn out in the end with exploiters doing what they want and devs breaking every moral rule in the book?

I would assume because most of them are benefitting from it.  While honest players just leave.

• Cyde77Cyde77 Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Originally posted by myndziuss

Lol, i was waiting for someone to say this.

Guess who told AQ that templarz was duping.

I dont get this post