Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Marvel Heroes: Revelations at NY Comic Con

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Our staff was on the floor at New York Comic Con this year, and attended the Marvel Heroes panel run by Gazillion Entertainment. Find out what the attendees learned about the game and its future in this recap.

Marvel Heroes is currently designed to be launched on both PC and Mac platforms, and the creators stated that they did not have intentions of making console versions of the game. From covering basics of the game and core views maintained during creation to joking about a guild full of Wolverines and announcing a new character as part of the panel, it was definitely an informative session.  Read on for more details.

Read the rest of Jason Turqman's Marvel Heroes: Revelations at NY Comic Con.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    hoping to get into beta for this myself :)
  • PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    I'm hoping there's an old-school Captain Mar-Vell player character. King Hulk in that pic is pretty awesome.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Nice
  • RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    So far, I think the game looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• fenrisbluefenrisblue Member UncommonPosts: 138
    it looks boring, the animations are slow and ckumsy looking , the choice of playable characters seems lacking, i was hoping for some of the more interesting characters that do not get shown in mainstream media, not just the 2 comical ones they chose to go with.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    I dont think they have revealed them all yet...
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    There are 25 at launch including Rocket Racoon.  They're definitely digging deep.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

The animations really look bad.  I think they most likely bit off more than they can chew with so many heroes.

I think they should have initially focused on fewer heroes and better combat .  My opinions may change after trying it, but I'm not optimistic.

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    There are 25 at launch including Rocket Racoon.  They're definitely digging deep.

they have more then 25 already

• chrislekochrisleko Member Posts: 200
    I saw Rocket and got super excited.  I LOVE him, am super excited about the Guardians of the Galaxy movie that is upcoming.  Nova is awesome (I know they're relaunching his book very soon, if they haven't already), and a there are a ton of iconic heros.  As always, I'm curious what is offered in the store (as they said it will be free to play), but being an ARPG, I can't imagine it will be anything different than characters, costumes, and some fluff and buff items.  I'm pretty excited about this one!
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    PvP as an afterthought? Yeah, I think I will pass on this one. Also, it sounds awfully a lot like a single player game to me, not an MMO.
  • darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Lukewarm to it.  Hoping it can be a fun, casual Marvel Ultimate Alliance with online actions and some (deep) customization. Like the crafting aspect but remains to be seen how its implemented.

• Evolution8Evolution8 Member Posts: 128
    For some reason these game just never quite made it, using marvel super heros is just a marketing gimik, to mask terrible development, instant flop
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Originally posted by Yamota
    PvP as an afterthought? Yeah, I think I will pass on this one. Also, it sounds awfully a lot like a single player game to me, not an MMO.

I agree. This isn't a MMORPG.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Is it an mmo or is it like diablo? From what I've seen it looks like diablo.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

"Heroes has placed itself within the Action RPG genre, to classify it more specifically than just an MMORPG."

Reading,,, it is good for you.

As for why it is here.. that you have to take up with the MMORPG staff

This have been a good conversation

• ducesettutamducesettutam Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Isn't this what Champions Online was suppossed to be before the license got pulled? Or am I confusing things.
  • BenGellorBenGellor Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by Pyuk
    I'm hoping there's an old-school Captain Mar-Vell player character. King Hulk in that pic is pretty awesome.

Me to , Im not sure why but Old Captain Mar-Vell was my favorate .

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    MMO, not an MMO, I don't care honestly. This is a title I'm growing more and more interested in. It's an online multiplayer Marvel Ultimate Alliance ARPG. That makes me a happy camper so far, will have to wait and see a great deal more before I can be truly sold on the game. 
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Would have been more interested if you made your own hero. Not really a big fan of playing with a bunch of the exact same characters as me.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Would have been more interested if you made your own hero. Not really a big fan of playing with a bunch of the exact same characters as me.

Yep, same. What made CoH great was that you could create your own super hero, not be an existing one. I mean Spider-Man is who he is, with his own personality as depicted in the comics, I rather fight along (or against him) rather than play as him.

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Originally posted by Fendel84M

Yep, same. What made CoH great was that you could create your own super hero, not be an existing one. I mean Spider-Man is who he is, with his own personality as depicted in the comics, I rather fight along (or against him) rather than play as him.

this isn't  COH plus none of you are worthy of having a marvel hero of your own :)

still saddens me to this day that DC sold out

• HituroHituro Member Posts: 37
    To all the people complaining, the game is going to be completely FREE.  Free to buy AND free to play.  So you really have nothing to lose.  It can't really flop when it isn't expecting any real profit.
  • lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by Hituro
    To all the people complaining, the game is going to be completely FREE.  Free to buy AND free to play.  So you really have nothing to lose.  It can't really flop when it isn't expecting any real profit.

i think you my friend has not seen f2p model in the works . 

• cable101cable101 Member Posts: 6
    This game is looking really awesome.