Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do i really have to play this game in F***ing Chinese?

bexinhbexinh Member UncommonPosts: 69
So we all speak Chinese now? I thought we still in America?

Comments

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Originally posted by bexinh

Actually, you're in Australia.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• ZaragorZaragor Member Posts: 2
    It's a chinese game...Just wait for the US release oct. 18th
  • XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Seemingly, the release got delayed to May 3, 2013.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

I suggest you play an American game, rather than a Chinese game, this might solve your current issue. It might not help with your other more deep seated issues though.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer

Actually, you're in Australia.

And I'm assuming his age is actually 13, not 31.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

lol do you think there is only America on this planet? you probably think that there are more people who talk english than Mandarin...

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

You're one of those people that makes all Americans look bad.  We don't ALL think that this is the only country or language in the world.  Why should China be worried about whether YOU understand the game first?  YOU wouldn't write a game in Korean would you?  So why should they immediately have theirs available in English?

/facepalm

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    I wish I could play it in Chinese.  The cross-continent lag made it unplayable for me, though.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by Silok

lol do you think there is only America on this planet? you probably think that there are more people who talk english than Mandarin...

actually are far more people that speak english than chinese, cuz its the international lang right now.

In the future they may will loose that priviledge. who knows.

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by defector1968

actually are far more people that speak english than chinese

Nope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• MoeMoeKyunMoeMoeKyun Member UncommonPosts: 82
    i jus applied for beta on this game hehe...
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    They initially said it would release on Oct  18th, and now it's been pushed back to Feb.. GG!
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by GrumpyCharr

Nope.

Thats NATIVE speakers, as in their primary language for where they came from. For example France = French, Germany = German, Russia = Russian, etc. But english is the most widespread and used as a standard for communication throughout the world between various countries. Not the case with Mandarin or other languages.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

it would be a smart idea to start learning Chinese now anyways.  1 you could play this game, and 2 China will soon own the United States.

Bow down to your future overlords!! Muahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by just1opinion

You're one of those people that makes all Americans look bad.  We don't ALL think that this is the only country or language in the world.  Why should China be worried about whether YOU understand the game first?  YOU wouldn't write a game in Korean would you?  So why should they immediately have theirs available in English?

/facepalm

American is not a language. you speak a european language called english.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

Actually you are in france, bet you have never left the promise land. Last time i checked i though Americans spoke a form of English, i might be wrong though.

Can you give me a demo of the american language.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

"I thought we were still in America?

Here in America, verbs are still necessary for complete sentences.

I'm sorry, but I had to point out the irony that someone touting English as a superior language, used it incorrectly in their assertion.

• DrannyDranny Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by kaiser3282
    Originally posted by GrumpyCharr

Nope.

Thats NATIVE speakers, as in their primary language for where they came from. For example France = French, Germany = German, Russia = Russian, etc. But english is the most widespread and used as a standard for communication throughout the world between various countries. Not the case with Mandarin or other languages.

Maybe so, But you actually said "actually are far more people that speak English than Chinese" which is wrong the most commonly spoken langue in the world is Mandarin Chinese.

Yes it maybe just because they have more native speaking people by population but it still does not change the fact you were wrong.

Now if you want to talk about international communication that a whole different ball game.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Yeah, we somehow missed this one, but locking it.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.