Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

El Oriente arrives; this is the patch we've been waiting for

QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

Investment caps in cities have been raised, which means that it should now be possible to build all ships and fully upgrade ships.  The level cap has been increased, which means it should now be possible to use all ships.  China and Taiwan have been added to the game, so I'm assuming that the quests we get are those corresponding to the Ilha Formosa and Land of the Dragons patches to the Japanese version.

In the Japanese version of the game, China, Taiwan, Japan, and Korea each have one dungeon associated.  I'm guessing we get the China and Taiwan dungeons now.  In the past, Netmarble has shown willingness to pull dungeons out and release them in a different patch--whether earlier or later than the Japanese version got them.

Nanban trade is supposedly enormously profitable--and also very volatile.  I suppose we'll find out once we do the imperial quests to unlock the region.

We're also supposed to get a fifth aide now.  Presumably that comes when you do the imperial quest.  The imperial quests for east asia start in Manila, but require you to have done the previous imperial quests to get access.

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    England has now unlocked East Asia.  Other nations will presumably do so soon, considering that it took England a little under 22 hours after the patch went live.  Then we can get port permits, get the level cap increase, and presumably see what all is in the patch.
  • MontadorUWOMontadorUWO Member Posts: 5
    Wow. Good job England. But not really surprised considering the player base they have. Well, not surprised they got it first but surprised they did it in less than a day. Other "big" nations should unlock EA today and the smaller nations probably tomorrow.

France and Venice just unlocked East Asia, and they're the small nations of the original six.  I don't know how Ottomans are coming along.

Imperial quests done before your country unlocks a region do not count for port permits.  You have to go back and do another after your country unlocks the region.

You get a fifth aide slot when you get the East Asia port permits.  You may need rank 4 quarters in order to have three aides stashed in quarters simultaneously.

The ports that we now have access to are those from the China and Taiwan portions of El Oriente.  That doesn't uniquely determine which quests are in the game and which are not due to some complicated prerequisites, but it comes pretty close.

To increase the level cap from 65 to 70, you must be at least 61 in the relevant level and land in Anping.  That requires having the port permits.

Apparently you have to do some trading in Macao to get full access to Nanban trade.  I don't know how that goes, as I'm not a trader.

As usual, whoever translated the game is fluent in English and whoever translated the web page is not.  I have no idea why two years after the English version released, whoever is in charge still either doesn't know or doesn't care that the web page for the English-language version for the game is still handled by someone who isn't fluent in English.  The same is true of login messages.

To clarify, in order to raise the level cap, you talk to Koxinga in the Chengtian Prefecture in Anping, which is in southern Taiwan.

Also, Anping has mediators, but they don't offer any quests.

Hangzhou also has mediators, and they do offer quests.  Apparently that's the place to go for the East Asia quests.

The new aides that are supposed to be there aren't there yet.

You have to bribe the city official in Macao to get access to trade in China, and Tamsui to get access to trade in Taiwan.

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    I did try this game at release but didnt get too far, is there a good tutorial or guide for newbie somewhere? I may give it another shot.
  • SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by Quizzical

This thread will largely explain what's out there:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/332238/Well-this-is-different-a-review.html

This one explains how the adventuring discovery system works:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/337275/Adventuring-discovery-guide.html

thanks