Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Healing role in LFD.

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

This is not a thread about the role as such as how hard it is to play a healer sometimes.I know that it is very easy to heal now because you have no mana issues like before when we used to have to keep an eye on the mana bar but what I noticed is that people play like a chickens with their heads cut off.

They rush in and pull room after room and expect you to heal through which is fine but I am constantly running up to keep up with the warrior and it gets so tiring and one mistake and I came a bit late into the area and because of the different rooms I got turned about in stockade and the tank and 2 dps dies and one of the dps takes over and just me and the dps manage to clear the 12 mobs the monk tank had pulled. I know no one wants to talk or wait and everyone expects you to know your role but I feel so  beleagured at times running up and as usual I fell in  the water in black fathom whatever and by the time I reach the other side the tank is almost dead. 

I do not know why I'm complaining I get that this is just a bump along the rush to the higher levels and the impersonal aspect on dungeon finder should not surprise me but by making the healing easier it has actually made strategy obsolete now. No one ccs or holds back on dd they just expect you to keep them alive and they unload and to be honest when soemthing hits me it hardly has any impact a small hot does not heal back fast. 

When will the strategy come into use again ? I am almost 30 now.

Chamber of Chains

Comments

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

The answer is fairly simple and that is not to heal them at their pace, after they die a few times from running around like headless chickens they either leave or learn the lesson, or if you like "The Cattleprod Method".

Some tanks have the same issues with DPS who pull MOB's before you are ready and i have always taken the same approach there which i make clear in a macro at the start of the dungeon by stating "If you pull it, you tank it" which tends to get the message across.

Basically if you bend to them playing that way then they will continue to do so, enforce your will and enjoy the game at your pace, not that dictated by others. Failing that, find one good Tank that you can work with as DPS in the dungeon queues are a dime a dozen.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Same thing when I played a healer a few months back. I had to heal like hell. Groups run dungeons as fast as they can, no reguard for the healer at all !

WoW is shot anyway so I stoped playing.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

When i still used to play wow i always was a healer or tank and i always played with my wife who 9/10 times played as a healer.

As tank you dictate the pace , dps pulls ? he tanks ! always check if the healer has enough mana to sustain healing when you pull.

As healer you follow the tank , if the tank goes to fast ask him to wait if he doesnt let him die ! he leaves ? to bad his loss !

As a dps you wait for the tank and attack his main target , you see healer is nuked ? assist the healer !

I gave up on wow in may / aprill and never looked back, the community is as rotten as it can be and i dint want to play alongside panda's and the dumbed down talent system.
    CRZ + daily quest grind + cap on valor points also made sure i never going to sub again after 8 years of supporting Blizzard.

Iam playing GW2 now its totaly diffrent in many ways as you need to heal dps and tank shit yourself instead of waiting for that heal or tank :)
    Sometimes i miss being a tank or healer but iam used to it now so :)

Just make sure your a good foot with the tank and if he is a douchebag let him die a few times, i always chuckled by the nerd rage of baddies :)

• trenshodtrenshod Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Originally posted by cheyane

This is not a thread about the role as such as how hard it is to play a healer sometimes.I know that it is very easy to heal now because you have no mana issues like before when we used to have to keep an eye on the mana bar but what I noticed is that people play like a chickens with their heads cut off.

They rush in and pull room after room and expect you to heal through which is fine but I am constantly running up to keep up with the warrior and it gets so tiring and one mistake and I came a bit late into the area and because of the different rooms I got turned about in stockade and the tank and 2 dps dies and one of the dps takes over and just me and the dps manage to clear the 12 mobs the monk tank had pulled. I know no one wants to talk or wait and everyone expects you to know your role but I feel so  beleagured at times running up and as usual I fell in  the water in black fathom whatever and by the time I reach the other side the tank is almost dead. 

I do not know why I'm complaining I get that this is just a bump along the rush to the higher levels and the impersonal aspect on dungeon finder should not surprise me but by making the healing easier it has actually made strategy obsolete now. No one ccs or holds back on dd they just expect you to keep them alive and they unload and to be honest when soemthing hits me it hardly has any impact a small hot does not heal back fast. 

When will the strategy come into use again ? I am almost 30 now.

Dungeons will be ez mode until you hit current content. Even pre 90 post 85 stuff is pretty ez. Heroics most definitely jump the difficulty level. That is currently by the time you get there though people might be geared well enough that things are getting zerged in less then a minute.

• drivecdrivec Member UncommonPosts: 104

idk about you but before I became raid capable i run oom all the time even now.

i always make sure to use my mana wisely and use all my spell that get me back mana asap(unless at full mana)

just remember letting people die to save the group as a whole is sometimes the best choice.

but if you are oom after a fight its your responsibility to call oom. if the group pulls and you didnt have time call it anyways.

most damage dps gets now days is standing in fire or spells that hit the whole group.

i never let someon die just because they arent smart. only if it would be otherwise impossible to keep them up and the tank.(or iam oom).

i havnt really ran into any bad groups. i have only had people who didnt know the fight well enough to complete it. but thats going to happen some people just take longer to understand whats needs to be done or why. or they may not even know that they are causeing the problems.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Its not gona change, "the Pace" has become a "community standard" now and if you don't heal the tank to the group or raids satisfaction, you will be voted out.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,854

Been leveling a Monk healer, currently level 82.

The easiness of the dungeons makes people forget about boss mechanics they have to worry about. People have forgotten about attacks that will 1 shot them or stuff they have to move out of.

Ive only had 1 tank blame me for bad healing at least when he ignored not 1 but 3, yes count em 3, boss mechanics that were completely avoidable.

However, even if I do have a group that goes smoothly I, the healer, top the damage meter.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Even when I chain heal I have not run OOM yet but perhaps level 30 is not a time to comment. When are heroics exactly 50 + ?    So that is when you can expect classes to use CC and exercise restraint on DD I hope.
    Chamber of Chains
  • Random_mageRandom_mage Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Healing is easy. I only heal tanks during fights unless the tank is topped off. I get sick of morons.
    But, I also tank, and since people dont know how to assist...

Currently playing Real Life..

http://i36.tinypic.com/2uyod3k.gif

For all your stalking needs..
    http://www.plurk.com/Random_

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

OP has described why I don't play theme park MMO's anymore and particularly the role of healer which I used to enjoy.

I'm too old and slow to keep up with the pace people blow through dungeons anymore, its just not fun for me.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365

I like how people are using this thread to bitch instead of actually answering the OP "this is why I quit wow" or "yea, wow sucks anyway"

OP, simply put. Low level dungeons aren't that serious anyway. at your level, your can afford to be a little slow and no one will give half a damn. Once you get around 50-60 or so plus, then you do need to actually heal and keep in, in which case by then you might see yourself being able to keep up, if not just tell the tank you're having trouble keeping up and they'll either kick you(sad, but true), bitch at you until you leave(sad, but true) or listen and help you out.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.