Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why i wont play this game

I loved watching the movies.  it had great battles in it.  this game is gonna be a CAREBEAR game cuz there is no PvP.  ya most people like handling NPC's to make them a feel like a badass. but any 8yr old can kill a NPC.  it takes smarter more dedicated players to kill one another.  im not saying make a big open free for all. but ther should be zones at least where players can get jumped by other players and such.  at least that should be put in

Comments

• QwirkQwirk Member Posts: 136

1. Your post makes you look like nothing but a ganker. You may be a great person, but right now you look like all you want is to grief other players.

2. Yes, the movies were nice. Now go read the novels -- you'll be blown away. The movies were only one interpretation, and limited. With your own mind yopu'll see a much more vibrant world than Jackson did.

3. After reading the novels you'll have a better understanding why there is no pvp:
    There is no individual will or control for those that serve Sauron. A servant of Sauron cannot be player controlled, as they would be subject to Sauron's will, not the player's. It's pretty stupid for the 'good guys' to be jumping each other. This leaves you with PC's and no open pvp. If what you want out of pvp is the ability to test your character build against other players', I'm sure there will be some /duel function as there is in most games.

4. On the other hand, if you are just a griefer who's only pissed there won't be pvp because you won't be able to make lower-level players' lives hell, then ... no one will miss you for not playing ::::39::

(just had to throw that in for the griefers out there. really, does anyone miss them when they post comments like the op's?)

Really hope you're not as much of a greifer as this short post makes you sound, but I'm sure someone who is will wander by, and then they can be insulted ::::02::

• keltic1701keltic1701 Member Posts: 1,162

Originally posted by skeeter_ross

I loved watching the movies.  it had great battles in it.  this game is gonna be a CAREBEAR game cuz there is no PvP.  ya most people like handling NPC's to make them a feel like a badass. but any 8yr old can kill a NPC.  it takes smarter more dedicated players to kill one another.  im not saying make a big open free for all. but ther should be zones at least where players can get jumped by other players and such.  at least that should be put in

Good! I hope you stay far, far away from LOTR!
  • GrindalyxGrindalyx Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Considering the fact that the game is based of off the books and not the movies you can't compare the movies to this game. Sure the movies had battles as did the books but the movies did not have the free people of middle earth going at each other. Was the opposite they banded together to fight their common foe Sauron and his evil he brought into the world. So with no playable evil races (cause they have no free will as tolkien explains in the books) it would go against the lore of the books having hobbits ganking elves or men ganking dwarves or any such combonation. I am so very sorry for all you 1337 players out there who won't be able to have a gank fest in middle earth, Wait a minute. No i am not sorry. The devs decided that there is no basis for PVP in this game. Learn to live with it. It is not a hard concept to graspe. They are the decision makers not your or I. If you don't like there decision then that is your choice, but live with it. And let everyone else have the same right you do in making their decision if they want to play or not. PVP has no place in middle earth end of story, wrap it up, not further decussion on the subject. Stop beating the dead horse.

imageimage

• NeymozeNeymoze Member Posts: 9
    This game will totall suck, because you can only play the good side (no orc, uruk-hai, goblin,troll etc)
    A mmorpg without a nice pvp and only a good side just sux....image
  • keltic1701keltic1701 Member Posts: 1,162

Originally posted by Neymoze
    This game will totall suck, because you can only play the good side (no orc, uruk-hai, goblin,troll etc)

Good! Another worthless, ganking ejit we won't have to worry about in the game!
  • WuduLarchWuduLarch Member Posts: 140

Three cheers for no PVP!

Hip-hip, hooray! Hip-hip, hooray! Hip-hip hooray!

Just my opinion, but if you want PVP play Shadowbane or Guild Wars. I concur with the post stating that all the "baddies" are controled by The Enemy and if you played one you would have no control over desicions. In the other game I have played, the hardcore PVP'rs have usually been "133t dewds" that pretty much remove the RPG from MMORPG. The core of LotR is common people facing uncommon challanges and overcomming them, not "uber" chars trying to kill other "uber" chars for the glory and respect of other "uber" chars. This game sounds like it heading in the right direction, I hope it continues it's course.

I, for one, will definitely be playing this game.

*Puts on asbestos suit and prepares for severe flaming*

This makes no sense, I have never ran into a nice pvp system, there is always the complaints about inbalance in caracters and a long list of bugs as a result of trying to balance the caracters because of pvp. Fortunately this game will not have that problem cause there will be no need to balance caracters for pvp. We won't have to listen to  ' My lvl 50+ warrior was onshot by a lvl 30+ archer, archers sux they are to overpowered' or 'Mages are to overpowered they have to strong of magic'. No usual whining from the 1337 about how there player isn't the strongest. So tell me how with all the usual whining about inbalance of caracters in a pvp game it can be considered  a nice pvp system.

Pvp takes up soo much resources and there is the never ending tweeking of caracters looking for that perfect balance that doesn't exist cause there is always someone who will be unhappy cause his/her caracter was nerfed. Way to much of a headache if you ask me and i know you probably don't care what i think but i don't care and i con't care what you think. So live with no PVP in this game and seek your pvp elsewhere.

imageimage

• guklaolguklaol Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Oh wow a great story line that does not devolve to the "me" generation of I gotta gank ya to feel good about myself. That deserves a bigimage and keep it up. I am so sick of the" look at the cool way you can gank this guy" game. PvP boils down to connection and hardware when character balance issues are not a factor. Dueling to refine skills or humble a bragget is one thing, camping a zone in or a mine or harvest area and gank lowbies for grins.... weak. Those players have no need for a world where your imagination realized is the true power of the game. Griefers and gankers have more then enough outlets so whinning about the newest game not bowing to your ideas and letting you get your kicks oh well move on there are gonna be plenty of buggy exploitable games to come you can own a few hundred noobs before you get bored at your own lil world of noob whacking. PvP is fun in FPS and that is about it. Plenty of those out there image.
  • cornoffcobcornoffcob Member Posts: 860

I like pvp..........i'm not a ganker but c'mon there really is no purpose or place for pvp in this game....its strictly good vs evil....end of line

I hope some day we can all put aside our racisms and prejudices and just laugh at people

• DarktaniaDarktania Member Posts: 805
      Man I hate PvP. I'm a casual player so I ussually get eaten alive by the pre-teen griefers that play a minimum of 10 hours a day. Now RvR is a different story. I think this game would be alot better if you could pick a side and then there would be RvR battles. But anyway the game will probaly rock anyway judging by the awesome screenshots and the fact that it's set in the Middle Earth.

Some reasons why i will not buy this game.

1 There is no pvp
    2 you can only be the "good" side (no evil: orcs uruk-hai etc)
    3 This game is mostly only instanced like guildwars.
    4 There aren't any mounts yet :S, in the movie you always see horses, wolfs, nazguls etc etc.

The graphics look really good, but a game with only a good side and no pvp just suck.
    Ofcourse i understand there are ppl that don't like pvp, but why can't they make a pirvate server for non-pvpers then. like pvp servers and normal servers. plz bring me a lotr mmorpg that brings some reality in the game.

Some reasons why i will not buy this game.

1 There is no pvp
    2 you can only be the "good" side (no evil: orcs uruk-hai etc)
    3 This game is mostly only instanced like guildwars.
    4 There aren't any mounts yet :S, in the movie you always see horses, wolfs, nazguls etc etc.

The graphics look really good, but a game with only a good side and no pvp just suck.
    Ofcourse i understand there are ppl that don't like pvp, but why can't they make a pirvate server for non-pvpers then. like pvp servers and normal servers. plz bring me a lotr mmorpg that brings some reality in the game.

True there is no pvp, but that is no reason to chuck a game. It just may surprise you and you will find you can have fun without pvp.

True there is only the good side to play, Cause the story is about the struggle of the good and very little is talked about in great detail about the evil.

This game is not like guild wars, only the newbie starting area is instanced then when you leave the starting area you enter the main stream world of the game which is seamless and only inside of certain buildings will be instanced or quests. I read it will be like 20% instanced and 80% non instanced.

The mounts will come with the expansion that includes rohan. This also is no good reason to chuck a game.

They don't have to make pvp and non pvp servers for this game because it isn't a pvp game. Live with it. There is so much more to middle earth than pvping or ganking or whatever you want to call it. They are not going to bow to threads like this saying there game will sux without pvp. They decided no pvp and are sticking to it.

imageimage

• mugboy312mugboy312 Member Posts: 141

Originally posted by Qwirk
    1. Your post makes you look like nothing but a ganker. You may be a great person, but right now you look like all you want is to grief other players.2. Yes, the movies were nice. Now go read the novels -- you'll be blown away. The movies were only one interpretation, and limited. With your own mind yopu'll see a much more vibrant world than Jackson did.3. After reading the novels you'll have a better understanding why there is no pvp:
    There is no individual will or control for those that serve Sauron. A servant of Sauron cannot be player controlled, as they would be subject to Sauron's will, not the player's. It's pretty stupid for the 'good guys' to be jumping each other. This leaves you with PC's and no open pvp. If what you want out of pvp is the ability to test your character build against other players', I'm sure there will be some /duel function as there is in most games.4. On the other hand, if you are just a griefer who's only pissed there won't be pvp because you won't be able to make lower-level players' lives hell, then ... no one will miss you for not playing ::::39::(just had to throw that in for the griefers out there. really, does anyone miss them when they post comments like the op's?)Really hope you're not as much of a greifer as this short post makes you sound, but I'm sure someone who is will wander by, and then they can be insulted ::::02::

that is seriously one of THE best arguements i have ever read, seriously. You hit right on the mark Qwirk, there is no PvP and you reasoned why, i hope a lot of people read this thread it will really give an understanding why there will be none. Then again im sure they could allow maybe dueling ::::02::

thanx for the words Qwirk ::::20::

• TinindilTinindil Member Posts: 10
    i cant wait for this game... i am looking forward to it so much.. as to the PVP, well i am a fan of it, but ohh well image
    Hello again,

I understand u don't like pvp, but there are enough players that like pvp.
    However, all lotr fans want a good game right? i'm a lotr fan, and i want some action in it like pvp and a dark race.  and for the lotr fans that like pvp will this be very sad game I think.  Much lotr fans have waited long for a good mmorpg perhaps do you like it, but i don't. Lotr isn't just only a good race and a stupid adventure. If you look at the background of this movie, it is a big war with full of battlefields.

Hello again,

I understand u don't like pvp, but there are enough players that like pvp.
    However, all lotr fans want a good game right? i'm a lotr fan, and i want some action in it like pvp and a dark race.  and for the lotr fans that like pvp will this be very sad game I think.  Much lotr fans have waited long for a good mmorpg perhaps do you like it, but i don't. Lotr isn't just only a good race and a stupid adventure. If you look at the background of this movie, it is a big war with full of battlefields.

For starters the back ground of the movies don't meen squat to this game cause the game is based off of the books, and if you have ever read the books there is soo much more to the story in the books than the movie tells. I understand that you like pvp I myself have pvp'd but I am not into the ganking and griefing that comes with all out pvp. There are no evil races in the game they have decided to do so and in deciding this they decided that PVP didn't make any sense in this setting. There are enough players who don't like or care if pvp is in our out of the game too. Why should they be ignored so you can be happy??? It is a difficult decision that was made by the devs. Live with it. Or don't play the game at all. Or you can try the game and see if maybe you can have fun without PVP.

In the movies PJ only told the story concerning the battles. And he didn't even tell them in the proper order of thing. For starter aragorn's sword andriul was reforged at right before the fellowship left rivendell for the quests and he had always caried it even when it was broken. He was never trying to run away from who he was.  Pippin looked into the palantri in the two towers not in the beginning of the return of the king. Glorfindel not arwen carried frodo to rivendell. These are just a few examples amoungst many of how he changed the books for the movies. So don't go stating the background of the movies for proof of how this game should be when it is not based on the movies.

They can't make everyone happy and if you are not happy with what they make then you have the right to not play it. They made a decision and are sticking too it.

imageimage

then don't call the game lotr online.

then don't call the game lotr online.

Considering that the books were published in the 1950's and are what the movies were originally based off of, And the game is based off of the books which are called Lorf of the rings. Then what should the call it????

Have you even read the books??? I would venture to say not if you would ask such a question. Turbine is telling the story in this game the way that tolkien wrote it not how PJ made movies of it. Do yourself a favor and read the books, you might be able to understand were alot of us are comming from and why pvp won't work without evil races playable.

imageimage

• RenegadeHeroRenegadeHero Member Posts: 1

Weird I just read a part in the appendix's of Lotr. Wherein Gondor fought and conquered much of the lands and people around them. Mainly ofcourse the northmen. Now I know full and well that the game will take place in the thrid age and I doubt Gondor will be doing much land grab. Now some people assume that eveyone just loves each other and that the only enemy they have are the forces of evil but if you have MEN your going to have to understand that there going to want to kill each other eventually no matter what foe there jointly fighting.

Maybe the men in middle earth arent the same as well real men, but can you really call them men then? I mean men really exist where as elves are mythological characters you can make them look like whatever you want and give them any personality that makes you happy.

It is a game though and if the producers dont want large PvP and want to confine it to say arenas well thats fine I dont care im still going to play, but people seem to assume that men in the land of middle earth would never fight another man. 

I haven't really made a point have I? Well I guess what I'm trying to get across is that there should be PvP and plenty of it. On its own server like most games have done in the past.

Also im glade the person who started this post wont be playing. If thats all you want from a game that will be so insanely rich in content from the actually story of LOTR then your a fool and im ashamed to call you a fellow person.

Originally posted by cornoffcob

I like pvp..........i'm not a ganker but c'mon there really is no purpose or place for pvp in this game....its strictly good vs evil....end of line

Gondor isnt good by any means, and everyone that fought for the saruon wasnt evil. As Faramir said although I dont remeber the exact quote. Just because they fight for evil does that make them truly evil in there hearts? They may not have been who you meant either. There was a battle between Good I.E Frodo and Evil=Sauron but they weren't the only ones who fought.

• WuduLarchWuduLarch Member Posts: 140

I'm sorry, but I can't get the image of some guy riding piggy-back on a ring wraith out of my head!image

Another thing that needs to be pointed out is that this game is not based on the movies and just because you have seen something in the movies don't meen squat since PJ changed so many things from how they are in the book. When are people going to actually going to realize the movies don't have anything to do with this game. It is the books this game is based on. Also during the FoTR mounts are not very common most of the travel except when frodo first leaves the shire is not done on mounts. And this is the time that the game starts in is when frodo first leaves the shire. I know you will say what has that to do with anything but staying true to the lore of the books is what matters not the fact you don't get what you want.

imageimage

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608

There are those who discovered LOTR through the movies and the others who read the books several times.Tolkien books is about valor,friendship,ordinary people dealing with extraordinary situation.The movies were great but they also have some Hollywood quirks like Arwen`s charater but the game will remain close to the spirit and the soul of the books and I don`t think Tolkien Enterprise will allow anyone to make the evil side win.this game will not be a frag fest but a true RPG set in Middle Earth.All evil creatures are puppets under Sauron`s will which means no PvP.I can`t imagine gankers in Hobbitonimage.I can`t wait to play the game and be immersed in Middle Earth...read the books and you will understand and the light of Valinor shines on you

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

• DevoraanDevoraan Member Posts: 23

the devs should make a large turni for players, where its 1-10s vs the 1-10s, and the 11-20s vs the 11-20s. . . and the winner of each turni wins a cash reward.       image

and the higher level touni it is, the more money the winner will get. which leaves us without gank squads, without losers feeling superior over the people who just lose, and a group of people who want to level up to get into higher catagory, to get more money. and if the tolkein rights people have a problem with a tourni about elves owning hobbits, there could be a tourni guard and explains that there are "elf docters" on the side to heal any wound quickly so the match wont be fatal, or whatever.

• SmackjabberSmackjabber Member UncommonPosts: 33
    The OP just came from WoW.... that must be it.

Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear...

• GrisnikGrisnik Member Posts: 6

Should be interesting to play considering that in the books the good side wins. I doubt that will happen but it will be cool if they do events for some of the peak battles that happen throughout the storyline itself. I think it would be interesting to defend or attack in one of the major LTOR seiges.

Will be playing this game for the storyline and seeing how true to the books it truely is.