Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fippy Darkpaw??

albob35albob35 Member UncommonPosts: 19
I just got back into EQ, I love it by the way, and I am confused regarding the progression server. I read online about Fippy Darkpaw but I can't find it on the server list. Do you have to be a gold member? I created a character on Vox, but I am unsure what an exchange server is. I noticed there are quite a few people starting new characters on Vox so I am not complaining but just curious because playing through a progression server sounds fun. If anyone has any info I would appreciate it. It appears Station Forums are not working.

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Progression servers: Fippy and Vulak are subscriber only

Fippy server fansite and forums

http://www.fippydarkpaw.com/

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

That seems like a foolish mistake...

I'd be playing EQ right now if there were still enough new players on Fippy to level with. But there aren't.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    I was there from the start and it was fun for a bit. The problem was people were hitting max level with in two weeks. That sorta took the air out of the bag if you know what I mean and I left after my time was up. 
  • darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

I'd be playing EQ right now if there were still enough new players on Fippy to level with. But there aren't.

Try Vox.  No subscription required to play and tons of people at low level to play with.  Only difference is all content is unlocked, but I never had an issue with that.  

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

the eq mac server is totally free (no restrictions) and locked at the POP expansion.

if you go to the best places for xp, there is usually people to grp with also.

• TrappinTrappin Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Originally posted by Noresha

Please, please, do not support Sony.

FTP means free to play. 

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

I actually went back to EQ for a bit.  I did not play on the progression server but I did join a progression guild Progression X... it was very fun for that time. 

Only downside for me was changing work schedule left me to the point of not being able to raid and the way it worked... when leveling took place we all grouped together was very fun... eliminated the lack of community/grouping.  Then we all raided together... but not being able to raid just made me not want to log on any more.

Although they did make leveling alone easier with the mercs... and you can play any amount of accounts.  Just have to pay $7.50 or $3.50 to open up a class.  $5 to unlock silver.. so for relatively cheap you could enjoy a large portion of the game.

Then if you wait for triple Station cash day... seems to happen once or twice a year.  Go to Wal-Mart and buy the SC cards.. because you get like 500SC bonus... which also triples.  People could pay for gold account that way 1yr was ~$30-35.  Which is not bad for one year of a game... and you don't even need to do that to play.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by baphamet

the eq mac server is totally free (no restrictions) and locked at the POP expansion.

I don't have a Mac.

Originally posted by darkhalf357x

Try Vox.  No subscription required to play and tons of people at low level to play with.  Only difference is all content is unlocked, but I never had an issue with that.  

The problem with the live servers is its filled with all the changes that have occured over the years. I want as close to the original experience as possible.

In the first month of Fippy there were random groups everywhere, not so much now I assume.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by phantomghost

Then if you wait for triple Station cash day... seems to happen once or twice a year.  Go to Wal-Mart and buy the SC cards.. because you get like 500SC bonus... which also triples.  People could pay for gold account that way 1yr was ~$30-35.  Which is not bad for one year of a game... and you don't even need to do that to play.

This ceased to be possible some months ago. You can no longer buy expansions or pay subscriptions with SC.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by baphamet

I don't have a Mac.

It isn't actually necessary. A regular PC EQ client can't connect with Al'Kabor but with a Titanium Edition installation as a starting point, it can be done. The details I leave as an exercise of your Google-fu.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    I totally just came in here expecting to see someone complaining about fippy ambushing you in queynos starting area lol. I understand why they make progression servers subscriber only, but i really do wish that f2p members or vet players that have been with the game since inception are allowed a grand fathered benefit.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by baphamet the eq mac server is totally free (no restrictions) and locked at the POP expansion. if you go to the best places for xp, there is usually people to grp with also.  I don't have a Mac.  Originally posted by darkhalf357x Originally posted by DavisFlight That seems like a foolish mistake...   I'd be playing EQ right now if there were still enough new players on Fippy to level with. But there aren't.
    The problem with the live servers is its filled with all the changes that have occured over the years. I want as close to the original experience as possible.

In the first month of Fippy there were random groups everywhere, not so much now I assume.

the eq mac server hasn't been patched in 10 years, but it has all the expansions up to pop.

it is free and unrestricted, it can indeed be played on a PC.

go to the eq mac thread, sometime already posted instructions on how to do it.