Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lack o' Updates.

2»

Comments

• scout00scout00 Member Posts: 2

SO if FE doesn't make it, what else is out there that will differ from the fantasy cookie-cutters?

Darkaster - What else is on your top three list

• StedfastStedfast Member Posts: 101
    One can only hope that updates continue, which to me means a live productimage
  • darkasterdarkaster Member Posts: 187

Originally posted by scout00
    SO if FE doesn't make it, what else is out there that will differ from the fantasy cookie-cutters?
    Darkaster - What else is on your top three list

Well, I have tons of faith in the fact that FE will come out. But some other games I'm looking forward to are Vanguard:SoH (I know, its fantasy, but it looks good.) and Twilight War, but nothing compares to is looking like Fallen Earth...

• RipperjackAURipperjackAU Member Posts: 124

Originally posted by darkaster

Well, I have tons of faith in the fact that FE will come out.

While I do share your desire to have this game released in a timely fashion, if we do not see a new website before the end of 2005, then I have very grave concerns about this game ever being released at all! image

Is Fallen Earth starting to smell like Duke Nukem Forever? image Only time will tell.
  • sinothsinoth Member Posts: 175

Please, please stop comparing FE with Duke Nukem Forever. Two completely different situations. The FE development team is still active with the community and not making unrealistic promises to us.. I'd say they're still on the right track. Faith and patience..

http://www.fallenearth.se - Your source for Fallen Earth information

• scout00scout00 Member Posts: 2
    I seems that FE does have a good chance for release based on how they're going about it -- not a lot hype and responsible updates. let's hope so.
  • RipperjackAURipperjackAU Member Posts: 124

Originally posted by sinoth

Faith and patience..

I lost Faith about 3 failed game releases ago... Dragon Empires anyone? Or how about Imperator?

SHOW ME THE BINARY!!! image

• BlackmoorBlackmoor Member Posts: 96

Yeah mythic canned imperator but at least they bought the rights to warhammer 8) its not sci fi but it opens the door for 40k.

As for lack of updates ,, heck vanguard hasn't had a decent update in about 6 months or more now and its probably got the most financial backing of any upcoming MMO.

Is a monthly progress report asking too much from FE?
    Is a monthly progress report asking too much from FE? oppsimage

Thats what we're hoping for Stedfast, and I honestly don't think its too much to ask. They don't have to show us gameplay videos and new features each month... that's definately against their development mindset. It would be nice, though, to just hear from them that things are going well and they could share their excitement for the project with us. Maybe a graphic artist is proud of a new model, or a coder is proud of some nifty tool he finished. ANY sort of communication would be healthy for the community and the development team as well.

• fedesignfedesign Member Posts: 11

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the dearth of information from us over here.  Right now, we're all deep into making the game and time sort of passes quickly.  I was thinking that it hadn't been too long since I'd posted here, but it's been a while.  Again, sorry for the lack of info.

Things are progressing nicely.  There are some things going on here that will really help us get the game done and out the door.  Also, we've been working on what we think is a robust mission and questing system that will be fun and immersive but will, at the same time, allow us to create many missions and quests quickly and with less of a chance of there being a coding error, typo or other omission that breaks things.  This is a key part of our game and it's also a very complex thing to do but we think we've come up with a good solution that will allow lots of flexibility.

Many cool things have been added to the 3d engine too and work continues in that area as well as on the content creating tools that we've developed.  Those are in the polish phase, I think, in that they're at the point to where we can add features that helps make them easier to use.

I'm not sure when we'll have an updated website.  We'd all like to have a better website with our own forums and all but that'd take a person or 2 away from the jobs that they have now for an indeterminate length of time.  Right now, from our point of view, making the game is more important than making the website.  Maybe we'll be in a better position to devote more time or more resources to the website in the future, but we won't sacrifice game development time or resources for the website.  Whether or not we produce an updated website before the end of 2005 doesn't have any impact on whether or not we'll release the game except in a positive way in that we're devoting all our resources to making the game and not diverting any toward making the website.

Anyhow, thank you all so much for your continued support and interest in our game.  We're trying to make the kind of game that we'd all like to play and we hope you all will like playing it too, when it's released.  Again, I apologize for the spotty nature of the infomational updates from here but, as I said, time  flies when you're having fun...or something like that, and it doesn't seem like *that* long between updates, but I guess it is.  We'll try to do better in the future.

I'm looking forward to having our own website with our own forums so that it will be easier to keep track of what people are saying about our game.  Until then, I hope you all will bear with us and trust that we're doing our best to make the kind of game that we'd all love to play.

Thanks for your continued enthusiasm.

The content creation tools sound excellent, good job on those :) I think an easy mission creation system is vital for interesting quests. Random quests simply don't cut it, and scripted quests are too few in number in today's current MMOs. No worries on the website, we understand you are working on the game relentlessly.. little info updates like you've given us now keep us happy for a while ::::01::

I think I speak for everyone here when I say thanks for the update and good luck with the game!

• VenerableDVenerableD Member Posts: 41

Originally posted by Stedfast
    Is a monthly progress report asking too much from FE?

Yes it is frankly. I've worked on game development projects before and a monthly progress report would often read, "We're still doing the same things we were last month but have got a bit further with them". That kind of report may make some people happy but others would just whinge about a "lack of progress".

• darkasterdarkaster Member Posts: 187

Thanks for the update Icarus!
    Thats all we need to hear every once in a while, and all of the stuff thats coming up sounds great!

Thanks for reading the only forums we have ::::01::

• adriradrir Member Posts: 101

Very much appreciated ::::02::

• CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433

Thanks a ton for the update, can't wait for the next one oh gods of FE
    ::::08::::::08::::::08::

Waiting For: something good
    Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
    Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

• BlackmoorBlackmoor Member Posts: 96

Thanks for the update :)

Nothing quite like the mention of world and quest builders to send a shiver of anticipation down my spine::::08::

Apparently asking for an update workedimage