Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DF: UW A Few Questions

Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
  1. Will there be housing?
  2. How does pvp work? Is it a faction against faction, race against race, type game or free for all?
  3. Is it a strictly pvp game or are there other things to do ingame as well?

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

Comments

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

If it is similar to DF then there is lots to do, but I find most of what you do is to better your PvP.

In original there were the race alliances, if you kill your own alliance it counted against you unless you were at war with the opposing players clan.

I thought they mentioned new races so there could be more races in the alliances, they may be totally redone so I do not know really.

On the first one I know I spent a lot of time searching for the best place to skill up hoping to avoid getting attacked by players since in most cases I was raising my defenses (the offensive skill gains were a bonus)  so I was hoping to find an area not many people ran by so they would not see me low on hp and take their chances with the faction hit.  Never did find a great place, but I found some areas that were good to raise different skills and also areas to farm for weapons/armor and gold.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Tayah
    2. How does pvp work? Is it a faction against faction, race against race, type game or free for all?

1. Yes. If they keep the same system as in DF1 it will be a system wher ebasically you need to get a deed, which can IIRC can drop from random mobs (rarely) or from chaos chests which are scattered around the world and randomly appear.

2. Its FFA, but with an alignment and racial system. Humans, elvesm and dwarfs are allied (blue to eachother but red to others). Mahirim (wolves) and Orks are allied and blue to eachother but red to others. Alfar are sort of like dark elves and are enemies with everyone.

Killing a blue player causes alignment loss. Lose too much alignment and you go red to everyone. Alignment can be regained.

It is also clan vs clan & alliance based. Clan members and allies will be blue & green to you. You can kill them without alignment loss. All members of clans youre at war with will be red to you regardless of race.

in DF1 attacking blue players aka going Rogue, caused you to get attacked by nearby guardtowers in NPC towns. Being Red to that town (based on race, or simply being red from murdering) also caused you to get attacked. You could however freely attack people from warring clans and not worry about towers. This is changing however in DF:UW and you no longer need to worry about enemy clans attacking you in town.

3. Although the focus of the game is PvP, there is a lot of PvE as well. PvE will be your main source of income and equipment untily ou develop your crafting skills, as well as for skilling up and you can skin mobs for things like leather and various enchantment materials. There are various dungeons spread across the world containing differen types of mobs and usually a chest or multiple chests which require keys that drop from mobs and usually contain large amounts of money, enchanted equipment, and crafting materials.

Crafting is also a major part of the game. You will need to supply the majority of your equipment (if you want bette rthan the worst statted versions of stuff) throughout the game, and most of the economy revolves around player crafted items. When I mention worst verssions of stuff, here is how gear works:

There are various "Ranks" of weapons starting at R0, then going up in 10s so R10, 20, 30, etc. Rank basically determins a certain range of values that the weapon will have for its damage stats, this range differs based on weapon type. For example lets say you have a R30 Greatsword. The lowest value possible might be like .40, but the highest like .45. Mob dropped versions of that sword will typically be .40, but crafted versions can range from .40 to .45.

Armor works similar, but there arent ranks, just different types such as Cloth, Leather, Bone, Chain, Banded, Plate, Full Plate, Dragon, Infernal. There are various defense stats on each piece such as Piercing, Slashing, Impact, Acid, Fire, etc (all the elemental / magic types). Each piece of armor will have every defensive stat, but can have completely different stat numbers. You might craft one piece of Bone leggings that has prtty high slashing and piercing defense, but the next piece you make has crappy slashing and piercing and excellent acid and fire.

There are also crafting skills such as Enchanting which allows you to add bonuses to equipment such as base stats, increased resistances / defenses, stamina efficiency, less encumbarance cost (encumberance effects archery & magic abilities), faster spell casting, mana efficiency, increased spell power, and transmuting of weapons to give them elemental effects like fire, acid, ice, lightning.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by kaiser3282
    Originally posted by Tayah

1. Yes. If they keep the same system as in DF1 it will be a system wher ebasically you need to get a deed, which can IIRC can drop from random mobs (rarely) or from chaos chests which are scattered around the world and randomly appear.

2. Its FFA, but with an alignment and racial system. Humans, elvesm and dwarfs are allied (blue to eachother but red to others). Mahirim (wolves) and Orks are allied and blue to eachother but red to others. Alfar are sort of like dark elves and are enemies with everyone.

Killing a blue player causes alignment loss. Lose too much alignment and you go red to everyone. Alignment can be regained.

It is also clan vs clan & alliance based. Clan members and allies will be blue & green to you. You can kill them without alignment loss. All members of clans youre at war with will be red to you regardless of race.

in DF1 attacking blue players aka going Rogue, caused you to get attacked by nearby guardtowers in NPC towns. Being Red to that town (based on race, or simply being red from murdering) also caused you to get attacked. You could however freely attack people from warring clans and not worry about towers. This is changing however in DF:UW and you no longer need to worry about enemy clans attacking you in town.

3. Although the focus of the game is PvP, there is a lot of PvE as well. PvE will be your main source of income and equipment untily ou develop your crafting skills, as well as for skilling up and you can skin mobs for things like leather and various enchantment materials. There are various dungeons spread across the world containing differen types of mobs and usually a chest or multiple chests which require keys that drop from mobs and usually contain large amounts of money, enchanted equipment, and crafting materials.

Crafting is also a major part of the game. You will need to supply the majority of your equipment (if you want bette rthan the worst statted versions of stuff) throughout the game, and most of the economy revolves around player crafted items. When I mention worst verssions of stuff, here is how gear works:

There are various "Ranks" of weapons starting at R0, then going up in 10s so R10, 20, 30, etc. Rank basically determins a certain range of values that the weapon will have for its damage stats, this range differs based on weapon type. For example lets say you have a R30 Greatsword. The lowest value possible might be like .40, but the highest like .45. Mob dropped versions of that sword will typically be .40, but crafted versions can range from .40 to .45.

Armor works similar, but there arent ranks, just different types such as Cloth, Leather, Bone, Chain, Banded, Plate, Full Plate, Dragon, Infernal. There are various defense stats on each piece such as Piercing, Slashing, Impact, Acid, Fire, etc (all the elemental / magic types). Each piece of armor will have every defensive stat, but can have completely different stat numbers. You might craft one piece of Bone leggings that has prtty high slashing and piercing defense, but the next piece you make has crappy slashing and piercing and excellent acid and fire.

There are also crafting skills such as Enchanting which allows you to add bonuses to equipment such as base stats, increased resistances / defenses, stamina efficiency, less encumbarance cost (encumberance effects archery & magic abilities), faster spell casting, mana efficiency, increased spell power, and transmuting of weapons to give them elemental effects like fire, acid, ice, lightning.

Thanks much, that all sounds really good.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot