Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 is trash

2»

Comments

• Params7Params7 Member UncommonPosts: 212

Its not GW2. Its a brilliant game.

Its the genre of Themepark MMO's that sucks. World Of Warcraft did it the best way possible, and people have played it to death. There's nothing more you can do with this genre, imo.

Sandbox MMO's is where its at. They are going to rebound now after the late 90's. EVE Online, Darkfall: UW, ArcheAge, etc.

• makiimakii Member Posts: 280
    Originally posted by strangepower

Originally posted by makii

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Originally posted by makii Really this game has a lame story,recycled GW1 themes and alot of trash Quests. Quests:  Once you completed your first map till lvl 15, youve basicily seen everything till lvl 80. Its always the same with the quests. The only new thing is some new skins and mobs hit harder, but have still the iq of a croach.  I dont know how many times ive seen those damn scorpions and worms, like in every freaking map.   WvWvW Who plays that crap? Its utterly boring. It has no meaning and its just a gankfast with some usless benefits. Whats the most disgusting i found is that huge map with no teleports anywhere.   sPvP Its boring and tedious. If you wanna win in 1vs1 you go make a assasin or warrior. All other classes are absolut trash. Deeper meaning then GW1 you say? oh commone, GW1 needed vent and a perfect timing: remeber  spike mages who needed perfect timing to kill enemy team? that was hard to organize and when you stood in the last hall fighting for the last title you felt great and excited. Here? WTFFFFFFFF BORING TRASH SHIT!   Graphics: Good enough for the next 3 years.   Conclusion: i wouldnt have bought GW2 if A-net didnt make that stupid mistake when my brother ordered 1 copy and got 2 instead. So dissapointed with this game. I just cant keep playing. Where are guild halls where you guild met like in Gw1 to talk about the upcoming shedules? there is nothing here. Its all meaningless. Its boring- its like they made it this way to let you lose intereset to save money in the server architecture.         I dont know why the hell they thought trinity is bad. Its like saying in real world we dont need doctors, engineers, lawiers, etc. GW2 is a form of kommunism, where everyone gets something, but still nothing. All are equal in a unequal world. Its strifing for utopia, where utopian-ideas failed before.   discuss
    Discuss?  Whats to discuss?  You have made many strawman arguments and apples to oranges  argements and you expect a civil discourse?  I think not.  Your opinions, although your alone, are without merit and reeks of ignorance and trolldom.  I disagree with everything you've stated veheminently.

There are only a few who will understand. Like there are only a few who are qualified to be Presidents, doctors, engineers. And the ones that dont understand or are blind yet to see, will continue in theyr dellusional world.

Analyzing something in a high degree, is a skill that not everyone has. Like some are able to hold perfect speeches, where others fail in theyr first sentences. 

You can't say squat about "Analyzing something in a high degree" when you can't spell to save your life... show us how it's done by analyzing your communications before you post.

I give you a hint. English is not my primary language. But instead, i speak and write in 6 languages. But i agree with your accusion, i fail at writing in english. Its jsut easier to remeber for me the words in all other languages. Some words are written  very alike.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

I'll state one thing that really was upsetting about GW2, recycled mobs, there's very few types of mobs in the open world and they are repeated with a different colour in every biome.

Probably least diverse and interesting mob design in recent MMOs, bosses and dungeon mobs are pretty good though.

I seem to remember people would FLAME SOE for reskining mobs but it seems to be ok here.  But your not supposed to see things like that, didn't you get the memo?  This is GW2 and it is the best game ever.  I think it may have even created life as we know it here on planet Earth.  We were all floating in a primordial ooze before  the release date and GW2's shadow moving over the amino acid filled soup caused molecules to spontaneously and miraculously align into higher forms of life called gamers.  The universe will never be the same again.

It's an ok game that does get retardedly boring after a while.  How many times do we have to kill waves of mobs, or follow a NPC and protect it, or kill the the same damn worm or zerg fest for PvP?  I'll keep playing it as a second game, but it really isn't all that you fanbois make it out to be.  I thought SWTOR fanbois were bad... you guys really need to take off the blinders.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by Latronus

I seem to remember people would FLAME SOE for reskining mobs but it seems to be ok here.  But your not supposed to see things like that, didn't you get the memo?  This is GW2 and it is the best game ever.  I think it may have even created life as we know it here on planet Earth.  We were all floating in a primordial ooze before  the release date and GW2's shadow moving over the amino acid filled soup caused molecules to spontaneously and miraculously align into higher forms of life called gamers.  The universe will never be the same again.

It's an ok game that does get retardedly boring after a while.  How many times do we have to kill waves of mobs, or follow a NPC and protect it, or kill the the same damn worm or zerg fest for PvP?  I'll keep playing it as a second game, but it really isn't all that you fanbois make it out to be.  I thought SWTOR fanbois were bad... you guys really need to take off the blinders.

Funny that I remember that the people who constantly label this game as the "savior of the genre" tended to be people who were alredy dead set against the game from the get go.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    If you take all the inflammatory language, and you have about 5 of the major complaints we've been seeing. You guys have a right to be angry at this one though :p
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by Enigmatus
    Originally posted by Latronus

Funny that I remember that the people who constantly label this game as the "savior of the genre" tended to be people who were alredy dead set against the game from the get go.

You are probably correct in saying that.  It seemed to be that way for SWTOR.  Too many people wanted it to be something that it was never ment to be and that may very well be the case here too. 

I for one still play a couple times a week, but it just hasn't sucked me in the way other games have.  No biggy for me though because I'll keep it on the laptop and play it when I need a break from other games.  The combat is a refreshing change from the trinity and the lack of a sub is a plus.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Very tired so... Sorry for my poor wording but...

As much as I'm not a huge fan of this game... this thread and the way to present it is quite... 'brutish' in delivering a point and seems to go off track in really giving any facts or expressing an opinion. Its just a bunch of gibberish. Basically, this kind of post gives fuel for the 'fanbois' to go bashing back and claiming how stupid this thread is. This is pretty much a fanboi bait that will lead into a 'your mom' type fight where no one says anything worth wild and facts are ever ellusive. 

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246
    I heard GW2 is like watching paint dry on a wall.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Drolkin
    I heard GW2 is like watching paint dry on a wall.

It all depends on who you are. If you don't like themepark mmorpgs than you won't like it. If you like them its and excellent game. 

Perhaps you haven't seen any videos of the game or played it. Go ahead and look at youtube for more information.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

This discussion has been closed.