Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

your most memorable memory, of the forums

13»

Comments

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Originally posted by killerTwinkie

Being on the forums here for almost three years. I have a lot of memories...a lot of them with the fellow moderators and a lot more with the fellow memebers. I only wish Kunou were here to comment as well....
    This really doesnt consist of anyone else on the forums besides the staff here. When I was brought into the staff team, Djinn and I came in it together. Craig handed us our first job and we felt like we were to tackle this like a rampaging Llama, and so we did. In fact, we took it so far that I forget the number of e-mails we sent out, but I think Admin recieved some complaints about getting so many e-mails. From that day forth we've had a limit on how many news updates we should do daily. To any of you that are reading this and had that happen to you, I appologize
    Anyway.
    1) Joels obsessive There complex. Its as if he got a hard on every time he brought up a post/thread, and acted like they took his blue pill when it was bashed. Funny guy...gotta love his insanity.
    2) This was sometime within the past two years. I know that "Samusic" had used it as a signature. Some kid was stating the different races in a game, it went something like this. "You could be a bunch of races. Human, Dwarf, Iskar and Indian". Ahh...I laughed my ass off.
    3) Clever_Glove and his Epic posts. Gosh I miss those posts. They were like a minuature forum Magazine. After he became staff I guess he lost his glove, dude went M.I.A. on us all.
    4) There are so many more, but i'm not going to elaborate. I will note that Gunblade, Murt, Rikumaru, Vampyr, Kiamde, the staff here, DigityDarkMan, Flem (what happened to him?) goshh...and so many more have made these forums memorable. I remember many times having a bad day, coming to check out some of the posters here and laughing my ass off.
    5) We banned some guy named Samgus, or something. He had an Optimus Primal avatar. The kid was vulgar, making threats, being violent and over voicing himself. Admin had banned him, and he threatened that we'd all "Get ours" when he comes back. That was rather humerous.
    6) Then there are some times I hated also. Wootedge was one crazy mobster in disguise. Murt and his offensive political attitude (yeah, dont even start murt). Then DigityDarkMan when he went on a flaming/posting/spamming spree one day and had a fight w/me on the forums. Getting hate mail. All in all it's been a great time.
    As a staff member here I want to thank all of you for handing over memories that i'll never forget. Thank you! (And yes, I do have an Alias).::::39::

Hey Twink, I ate my first twinky last week at work. It was all sugary and sweet, yet satisfyingly void of anything substantially sound of what might be conisdered "a healthy breakfast".... I thought of you. image

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• looploop Member Posts: 79

Alots of memorable memories here in mmorpg..

my memorable on forums when i found mmorpg and i feel that im welcome in this community.

loop

In my field of paper flowers, candy clouds of lullaby. I lay inside myself for hours, and watch my purple sky fly over me. ~*Evanescence*~

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by dekron
    Just out of curiosity, do any of you still play EQ2?

aye

and still the server im own is busy busy

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• churenechurene Member Posts: 87

lol, when I posted a comment in one game and accused me as a spammer..lol..it came to a point that we argued about that topic or about what he/she said..image

• cornoffcobcornoffcob Member Posts: 860

definately the contain beat destroy thing that was great

i posted alot on that i think

I hope some day we can all put aside our racisms and prejudices and just laugh at people

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Originally posted by killerTwinkie

Being on the forums here for almost three years. I have a lot of memories...a lot of them with the fellow moderators and a lot more with the fellow memebers. I only wish Kunou were here to comment as well....
    This really doesnt consist of anyone else on the forums besides the staff here. When I was brought into the staff team, Djinn and I came in it together. Craig handed us our first job and we felt like we were to tackle this like a rampaging Llama, and so we did. In fact, we took it so far that I forget the number of e-mails we sent out, but I think Admin recieved some complaints about getting so many e-mails. From that day forth we've had a limit on how many news updates we should do daily. To any of you that are reading this and had that happen to you, I appologize
    Anyway.
    1) Joels obsessive There complex. Its as if he got a hard on every time he brought up a post/thread, and acted like they took his blue pill when it was bashed. Funny guy...gotta love his insanity.
    2) This was sometime within the past two years. I know that "Samusic" had used it as a signature. Some kid was stating the different races in a game, it went something like this. "You could be a bunch of races. Human, Dwarf, Iskar and Indian". Ahh...I laughed my ass off.
    3) Clever_Glove and his Epic posts. Gosh I miss those posts. They were like a minuature forum Magazine. After he became staff I guess he lost his glove, dude went M.I.A. on us all.
    4) There are so many more, but i'm not going to elaborate. I will note that Gunblade, Murt, Rikumaru, Vampyr, Kiamde, the staff here, DigityDarkMan, Flem (what happened to him?) goshh...and so many more have made these forums memorable. I remember many times having a bad day, coming to check out some of the posters here and laughing my ass off.
    5) We banned some guy named Samgus, or something. He had an Optimus Primal avatar. The kid was vulgar, making threats, being violent and over voicing himself. Admin had banned him, and he threatened that we'd all "Get ours" when he comes back. That was rather humerous.
    6) Then there are some times I hated also. Wootedge was one crazy mobster in disguise. Murt and his offensive political attitude (yeah, dont even start murt). Then DigityDarkMan when he went on a flaming/posting/spamming spree one day and had a fight w/me on the forums. Getting hate mail. All in all it's been a great time.
    As a staff member here I want to thank all of you for handing over memories that i'll never forget. Thank you! (And yes, I do have an Alias).::::39::

pssshhh, ME with an OFFENSIVE political attitude? where have you been the past 3 years? hahahahah

yeh, I miss flem, CG was good, but Flem was legendary.

• jackman11118jackman11118 Member Posts: 399

Originally posted by -Jaguar-

Joel's posts about There

Agreed.

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

Joel's posts about There

Indeed.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Originally posted by nooblet
    Joel's posts about There

Indeed.

Jeese, talk about a guy who lost touch with reality.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by Kiamde

Originally posted by nooblet

Joel's posts about There

Indeed.

Jeese, talk about a guy who lost touch with reality.

lol I remember that post.....

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• vrtldavevrtldave Member Posts: 558

it hurts all you guys forgot about me... well I never did anythign cool... or said anything dumb... or really contributed to anything in any meaningful way but I paid my dues... and you all missed me ... it hurts here(pointing to groin).... hahaha nah its ok... I love this forum mostly the off-topic part... you guys are nut jobs but the type you could bring home and not be afraid of being raped.... thanks for the good times...

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Geez, got too many memories. Considering ive been around (albeit on and off at times) since June 02 ive quite a few memories but ill pick one.

One of the best would have to be when Murt's RL pic got posted here, well the aftermath was out of control. Ive never seen so many posts get deleted and in more than one thread too, it even carried over into live chat.  Cant remember who Murt was battling against but it was a cracker. Like WWIII it was.

• DoomsayerDoomsayer Member Posts: 344
    Yeah, alot of good times, not better way to kill time when I am at work. For me though, it was Coldmeat's posts. Whenever there was a flame war and it seemed to be calming down, there Coldmeat was to instigate further "discussion". I love a good instigator...whatever happened to him?

Everything born must die. All that is, will come to ruin. This is the essence of Doom. So sayeth the Doomsayer.

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

I only wish Kunou were here to comment as well....

Oh I'm still here. May not be staff anymore but definitely still here. :)

Lets see, where to start...

Naturally the best memory would HAVE to be landing my dream job due to all my work here at the site. :)

Aoll the great assignments I got to go on for the site: E3, the SOE trip to Mexico, the EQ2 Launch party in San Fran, touring the NCsoft Offices, etc. Great times. :)

The EQ2vsWoW War is definitely high up there. :P Sheesh some of you were quite "stubborn" in your opinions. ;)

When En1gma was made Staff; and getting to tell him it was gonna happen. I was so proud, like a pappy watching his son learn to walk. ;)

Murt... yeah, Murt, where to start... We'll just leave it at that... Murt. ;)

Guilding with a lot of you guys in various games. :)

Every time one of my articles got posted, was always a huge thrill knowing that I wrote something that thousands and thousands of people are reading...

And on the flip side of that getting all the hate mail when people didn't like what I had written. Even as bad as getting actual death threats from the hardcore WoW fans over my Preview. ;)

All the talks with KT and PT in IMs late at night about just about anything in the world...

I could really go on and on all night here, there have been VERY FEW bad memories during my time associated with this site, either initially as a regular member, then as a Staff or now as the Mythic Rep here. :)

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

Originally posted by Flem

Geez, got too many memories. Considering ive been around (albeit on and off at times) since June 02 ive quite a few memories but ill pick one.
    One of the best would have to be when Murt's RL pic got posted here, well the aftermath was out of control. Ive never seen so many posts get deleted and in more than one thread too, it even carried over into live chat.  Cant remember who Murt was battling against but it was a cracker. Like WWIII it was.

Oh look what i found, here is the thread from the aftermath of that WWIII.  It got so bad Murt left (not for long mind u).

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm?load=forums&loadClass=35&loadForum=488&loadThread=4854

• angelwillangelwill Member Posts: 43

The best post i ever read would have to be the one about the american posing as a japanese teacher that website was just hilarious::::28::::::01::

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Joel's There obsession, Wootedge and AMD, and OriginNow.

Of course the EQ2 vs WoW threads as well, no one will ever forget those.

Oh and as KT said, clever glover's posts were always worth reading. I also got a kick out of Metalfoxus' posts.

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Damn it murt you didn't say goodbye to me on the WWIII thread! /cry

and to think I defended you on the political threads...

Originally posted by sidebuster

Damn it murt you didn't say goodbye to me on the WWIII thread! /cry
    and to think I defended you on the political threads...

Im sure he would of said goodbye only one thing stopped him though. You registered to the site 2 months after that thread image 

Another memorable moment came to mind.  The secret of Murt's high post count. 

It was due to his fixation with the EQ and EQ2 message boards and the obsession he had with having to be the last one to post in all teh threads.  Whenever anyone posted he would reply with a lot of one word answers such as LOL or cool. 

We had a game going for awhile there where we were trying to outdo each.  I would post, he would post etc etc. no one ever got the upper hand though.  Those were the days.

Here is a most memorable classic example from 2003.  Note how Murt is practcally every second poster.  lol.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/446/loadthread/3230/setstart/1/loadclass/145

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Wow. You made Murt cry.

Cute.

Too bad I couldn't join in. That thread was created some 2 days after I joined. I was a clueless newbie then.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• lyonman24lyonman24 Member Posts: 855

damn i just was looking at my post count and when i joined was before you kiamde. but then again i only post when i have something to add that hasnt been added to the subject yet.

most memerable was the murt picture incident lol::::20::::::28::

but over all good times

then i take it its just another/differant person using djin on these forums now?

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Originally posted by Flem

LOL! yea

I posted my picture for the first time in one thread, but this crazed skater kid put it in his signature and started spamming it all over the site, like in all different forum sections and all

he had hundreds of posts deleted after that...pretty sure he was banned in the next hour also, lol

awww man, I almost forgot about that, haha

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Yeah, lets all pick on Murt.

Do you guys remember that member who had a real beheaded guy in his altavar and there was I think a huge topic on it until the staff got on it for him to change it? I don't even think the guy is even active here anymore....

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos