Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Bad review? Give me a good review! >=|" and here we go!

FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/i-will-be-reviewing-mortal-online-on-behalf-of-onrpg-com.79736/

"I doubt anyone knows or remembers me, but I played Mortal Online with Kingdom of Wessex. [...] Anyways, I am a game Journalist for OnRPG.com and [...] I just thought I would warn the community and hopefully get a guild to play with lined up before I actually start playing."

What a coincidence. Finally a reviewer who's going to play MO "the way it's meant to be played" just after an article with at best mediocre amounts of praise for MO on massively.com.

Btw "Next patch is supposed to fix some of the issues with the current AI." XDD

Comments

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

Another "review"  by a Mortal Online FAN, I wonder how this one will turn out. LOL image

"I doubt anyone knows or remembers me, but I played Mortal Online with Kingdom of Wessex." ??? He was active in MO no longer than a month ago.

Trying to do a little damage control Henrik?

• hungerjackhungerjack Member Posts: 14
    Your review will mean nothing since you are obvoiusly a previous player and certainly biased about MO.
    Nice try though!
    BTW MO is supposed to be a sandbox there is no such thing as "Playing MO the way it was meant to be played"
    Any reviewer who would say anything like that is obvoiusly one not to be taken seriously.
  • YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    Yowser, SV is on the propaganda train...

Holy Fail!!!

So first he acts like a "long lost player, then plans on reviewing the game in the next week or so."

"I could write a review currently with my experiences thus far in the game, and honestly, I've already written a good portion of the review."

He's already proving to be full of crap.

NO agenda here,image too funny!

A littel history of our  "reviewer"!

From the thread  " What have you done for MO"  in August 2012

-Stayed up all night to be one of the first to pre-order the game. I miss those nights in IRC pre-beta/pre-order
    -Played since Beta Block A
    -I have always been an Anti-PK
    -Helped a lot of newbies in my time.
    -I put out some Mortal videos on youtube (youtube.com/ApocaRUFF)
    -I post about the game in many other forums
    -I write reviews on Mortal, and often compare it to other sandboxes and other MMO's to make sure people understand what the game is really about
    -I make sure everyone I know is aware of every Mortal update as soon as I can, which is often right after they go up.
    -I participate in events whenever I can, especially PvE type events. In PvP events I usually act as a spectator, sometimes recording it (usually for private use, so you wont find most of my PvP videos on my channel as they are unlisted).

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/what-have-you-done-for-mo.76815/#post-1343544

Fan??? This guy sounds like Starvaults Propaganda Minister

I think its time to contact his Editor-in-Chief as he's clearly using the company website/review system for persoanl reasons.

Oh the hilarity that is MO, thank you!

I think someone should contact his editor.  Wrong to use his position in this way.  Gotta love the one guy 

"Least its a review by someone with undrrstanding of mortals systems reviewing this time. =)"

They have stockholm syndome over there.  

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

I agree, we need people to do reviews who have never played the game!

But seriously, he is doing a review but because he has played the game, he is letting the community know ahead of time of the conflict. I have no promblem with that.

Originally posted by Johnie-Marz

But seriously, he is doing a review but because he has played the game, he is letting the community know ahead of time of the conflict. I have no promblem with that.

Are you kidding!  Could you have a more biased review?  Its already pre-written, plus he's already active in Starvault Marketing. Most gamers want real reviews, not sock puppets.  Its shocking you cant see the problem!  Its like Robert Ebert reviewing a movie he starred in and perhaps financed all while not caring about his professional integrity.  Any rational person would call shenanigans.

It's a travesty!!!

• SnowMiserSnowMiser Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Are you kidding!  Could you have a more biased review?  Its already pre-written, plus he's already active in Starvault Marketing. Most gamers want real reviews, not sock puppets.  Its shocking you cant see the problem!  Its like Robert Ebert reviewing a movie he starred in and perhaps financed all while not caring about his professional integrity.  Any rational person would call shenanigans.

It's a travesty!!!

I 100% agree!!  This is just stagged reviews from someone inside the company.......If they (Mortal Online) have to hire people to write bogus reviews and post on fourms about how good it is......it's gotta be just as bad as it was when I was playing it.  I left because it ran like crap, graphics looked like monkeys made it, and espically the bullcrap with auto-renewing your credit cards ( even when you quit the game).....it seems they are back up to thier old tricks, with a really old game.............

Originally posted by SnowMiser

It's a travesty!!!

I 100% agree!!  This is just stagged reviews from someone inside the company.......If they (Mortal Online) have to hire people to write bogus reviews and post on fourms about how good it is......it's gotta be just as bad as it was when I was playing it.  I left because it ran like crap, graphics looked like monkeys made it, and espically the bullcrap with auto-renewing your credit cards ( even when you quit the game).....it seems they are back up to thier old tricks, with a really old game.............

I'm not asserting he works for Starvault, but he's clearly a hardcore fan (playing since beta block A)  and has had interaction with Henrik regarding his ingame work. (posted above)

Regardless, Starvaults pathetic marketing attempts are always good for a laugh.

Originally posted by hungerjack
     MO is supposed to be a sandbox there is no such thing as "Playing MO the way it was meant to be played"

I guess that means cranking up the gamma like everyone else to get around the "hardcore" night cycle. LOL image

Seems our would-be "reviewer" knows how the game is supposed to be played .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvRMk5rqlY0&list=UUOYPfWzlGnsFBuJk2IgT-fw&index=29&feature=plcp

Perhaps he'll showcase what other exploits are a "must have"?

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

most game reviews are bogus, its generally only the indie developers who cant pay to get a decent score thatend up suffering.

Unless of course they do this :(

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by deathshroud

most game reviews are bogus, its generally only the indie developers who cant pay to get a decent score thatend up suffering.

Unless of course they do this :(

So true, I prefer sticking to impression or let's play videos rather than trusting reviews when it comes to mainstream titles. Especially indie people doing such reviews.

Originally posted by deathshroud

most game reviews are bogus

Agreed, but most arent so obviously staged and the authors at least try to appear impartial.  Its deplorable!

• hungerjackhungerjack Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by hungerjack
     MO is supposed to be a sandbox there is no such thing as "Playing MO the way it was meant to be played"

I guess that means cranking up the gamma like everyone else to get around the "hardcore" night cycle. LOL image

Seems our would-be "reviewer" knows how the game is supposed to be played .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvRMk5rqlY0&list=UUOYPfWzlGnsFBuJk2IgT-fw&index=29&feature=plcp

Perhaps he'll showcase what other exploits are a "must have"?

I know right

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132

Eeeyup, but I really doubt that anything is going to happen. :shrug:

Originally posted by YojimboBimbo

I think someone should contact his editor.  Wrong to use his position in this way.  Gotta love the one guy 

"Least its a review by someone with undrrstanding of mortals systems reviewing this time. =)"

They have stockholm syndome over there.  

Still working on getting Darrens (DizzyPW) direct email

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I am surprised no one jumped on the "kingdom" of Wessex thing. . wasn't it the Dutchy of Wessex?

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn
    I am surprised no one jumped on the "kingdom" of Wessex thing. . wasn't it the Dutchy of Wessex?

The wessex leader 'Manus' wouldnt allow some wessex people to use the name without him so they changed it to kingdom in mortal.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by psykobilly
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn

The wessex leader 'Manus' wouldnt allow some wessex people to use the name without him so they changed it to kingdom in mortal.

Ahh okay that makes sense.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Originally posted by FastSloth

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/i-will-be-reviewing-mortal-online-on-behalf-of-onrpg-com.79736/

"I doubt anyone knows or remembers me, but I played Mortal Online with Kingdom of Wessex. [...] Anyways, I am a game Journalist for OnRPG.com and [...] I just thought I would warn the community and hopefully get a guild to play with lined up before I actually start playing."

What a coincidence. Finally a reviewer who's going to play MO "the way it's meant to be played" just after an article with at best mediocre amounts of praise for MO on massively.com.

Btw "Next patch is supposed to fix some of the issues with the current AI." XDD

Looks like our "reviewer" is now helping SV advertise their "charity drive". LOL 

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/new-dev-blog-from-paratus.80051/

Priceless!!! imageimage

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132

So much for that. XD

Seems onrpg.com pays attention to its credibility.

Good for them, the whole thing seemed funny.
  • JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Perhaps when and if this game improves I will take a look at it. I tried downloading the free trial but had problems with the installer, so I gave up.
  • SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by Jorl
    Perhaps when and if this game improves I will take a look at it. I tried downloading the free trial but had problems with the installer, so I gave up.

Yeah- I believe a Volenteer made that for them since they were unable to do it themselves and it works (worked?) very poorly. Not sure if they fixed it yet. =/

-Please try again. And please report back how your trial went. Remember, any PR is good PR according to some.