Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help plz

VandleVandle Member Posts: 2
image  Ok, i've been playing Anarchy Online for about a year now. That was my first mmorpg i have ever played online. I would like to know if FF would be a good game to try out, and how much different is this game from AO? I'm still a noobie, so plz take it easy on me.

Comments

• MalchietzMalchietz Member Posts: 35

I dont know much about AO so, i'll read the forums and get back to you.

I can say the major difference is the time period- AO is a futuristic MMO, FFXI is a Medieval like MMO.

Intel Core 2 Duo @2.88
    Upgrading to
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
    4.0 Gigs DDR2 RAM
    Upgrading to
    4.0 Gigs of DDR3 1066 RAM
    Asus P5B-NE SLI Mobo
    Upgrading to
    MSI 870A-G54 mobo
    ATI Radeon 4800
    Upgrading to
    ATI Radeon 5770

Just to be able to play FFXIV.
    Consider that, a Warning.

ok- In FFXI you will being alot more grouping.

you will feel there isnt enough places to kill monsters because of the GOD system not being in this game.

There are no random hunting places

Players can only PK other players in Ballastia.

There is not as much clothing/weapons

there are not Customized missions/player stats

Players that follow the same models have the same statuses.

Solo is very Difficult as opposed to AO

FFXI has very Few Solo missions

equipment is not limited by skills but Level can classes

Transportation isv quite hard to obtain

there are no player owned corporations-

This info my assessment fromthe manual on the AO website.

Intel Core 2 Duo @2.88
    Upgrading to
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
    4.0 Gigs DDR2 RAM
    Upgrading to
    Asus P5B-NE SLI Mobo
    Upgrading to
    MSI 870A-G54 mobo
    ATI Radeon 4800
    Upgrading to
    ATI Radeon 5770

if you buy the game lettme know- i'll drop a world pass on ya and we can form up- maybe po[p you into a linkshell.

Intel Core 2 Duo @2.88
    Upgrading to
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
    4.0 Gigs DDR2 RAM
    Upgrading to
    Asus P5B-NE SLI Mobo
    Upgrading to
    MSI 870A-G54 mobo
    ATI Radeon 4800
    Upgrading to
    ATI Radeon 5770

• MikeLee73MikeLee73 Member Posts: 5

Do you have anything positive to say about FFXI  image

• TechnyzeTechnyze Member UncommonPosts: 80

nope its the most under rated game ever... people give up on it to fast once your around lvl 30 you understand the who Mainjob/Subjob thing it all makes sense how jobs work well together.

**I was hoping i didnt do that bad for FFXI, but i did do that bad**

I based all my opinions on what AO website had to say about AO, and what i know FFXI is like.

FFXI rules, if it's better than AO, thats not for me to say....i wish i knew more but all i know is what the website tells me it has- i just have to assume it works.

I will say this.

FFXI has a very nice community- because all the people who like the be arses- or well a majority of them have left. it's a nice assortment of gamers playing and there is an abundance of players willing to offset there on time frames to help someone else. There is a constant amount of updates to keep the players fresh- and give the higher-ups more things to do than chat and raid things after they completed certain expansions.

FFXI is well thought out- and nothing in the game i would say is out of context or doesnt belong. Square-Enix did i good job of keeping players busy and involved- timewise and emotionally involved.

it will take you a great deal of time to put a dent in all the content availble- and when your almost finished with everything- and the game starts getting boring- you get hit with more stuff to do.

The game is so good, when you quit- and play something else- FFXI will still ring like a bell in your head.

To keep myself from playing again i had to break my discs after i went and uninstalled the game- and then i still went back and got another copy like 2 months afterwards. wishing that i hadnt quit FFXI

But i will say, when you know everything about the game- and dont like the groove- it can give you a feeling that i can only say i got from playing the ps2 game Summoner.

Even tho AO has some great Features, and if they were in FFXI FFXI would be friggin awesome- but- FFXI in my opinion is one of the Greatest MMO's out.

To my Knowledge it is better than, CoH, RYL, EQII and Lineage II, my friend say Asheron's Call 2 gave it some go- before they Ruined it.

Guild wars wasnt my style and dont get me started on the Matrix- althought i only played during the beta

Intel Core 2 Duo @2.88
    Upgrading to
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
    4.0 Gigs DDR2 RAM
    Upgrading to
    Asus P5B-NE SLI Mobo
    Upgrading to
    MSI 870A-G54 mobo
    ATI Radeon 4800
    Upgrading to
    ATI Radeon 5770

I donot think you could of been more correct when i go to play other games I realize why am I playin this doesnt even make sense ... just a bunch of random skillz with armor and items and mobs to kill. FFXI has a sort of leveling plot you go by.. and you really never have nothing to do....
    I LOVE THIS GAME
    MSN- [email protected]
    AIM- Pray4SnowT9
    ask me questions anytime.

BTW Mal are you waiting for the servers to go back up?
    and what world are you in/on.

Yes is it 9 yet??? I'm going to do the Fellowship quest tonight... Hurry up SE!

What Server are you on and whats your name

Server: Unicorn
    Name: Vairu

oh :(

Asura, My current Character is Resinfir- he is a really low level at the moment- but i remember most of the game- so i can help you- and alot of the ppl on the ls i am either has an alt or something that is level 40+ or is level 40+

((i only made it to level 32 on my old character tho ; ; me so jealous of them))

My Current Character is a level 15 warrior ((Elvaan- Great axe is my perfered weapon)) my whm job and thief are really low so i could help you level and stuff....but as you can tell i am a fan of Sandoria but i am open to bastok and sadly i cant help but love tarus))

((i am thinking about making a galka since i plan on leveling warrior, sam, mnk, pld, and maybe drk.))

I can't currently log into FFXI because my college network is ghey- but i am having that handled tommorrow *YEAH!!!* so i can finally take care of work

Intel Core 2 Duo @2.88
    Upgrading to
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
    4.0 Gigs DDR2 RAM
    Upgrading to
    Asus P5B-NE SLI Mobo
    Upgrading to
    MSI 870A-G54 mobo
    ATI Radeon 4800
    Upgrading to
    ATI Radeon 5770

Well idont know if you know it or not but thier having server matianence right now that could be why. BTW im lvl 38 BLM on Remora Wolrd and 39 THF on Carbuncle Server.. But i play on Remora more better economy.... I will get you a world pass anytime just pm me

• DrachonisDrachonis Member Posts: 183

Malchietz I love what you had to say about FF XI... Its like a bell ringing in your ears when you play something else. I know exactly what you mean. I became sad when my ls broke up about a year ago, so I quit the game and went to EQ II thinking that is would be like EQ I, or at least something better than FF XI. Omg, after 4 monts of a broken, paying for beta type atmosphere where I deleuded myself into becoming a 30 Fury/ 31 Jeweler.... I had to quit. All the while I was thinking... Where is all the stuff to do. How could I have left a game w/ so much content and came to this.

So I quit, and started playing WoW. Well, after 2 months of the freaking 13year old elitism... pwn you n00bs mentality.... and no real content save dungeon crawling and PvP... I got really board. Finally I got so board I figured I did not have anthing else to lose, so I went back to FF XI. Lucky my 53 blm was still there... And finally when I played it again, I realized what that empty place was in my mmog soul. It was the space left from FF XI, and now it was filled again. Omg I can't belive i though this game was too hard before... The diffculty of it all only makes getting the items or quest or lvl that much better. Well, needless to say, I have my blm to 60 now. I am only missing my AF hat. I just joined a very nice ls. And life really could not be better. Thanks Squenix

• ziabatsuziabatsu Member UncommonPosts: 150

Yeah, I dunno what it is about FFXI, its like, once you hit the 40+ mark, you play another mmorpg, but in the back of your mind you wanna go back to FFXI, I get that feeling alot when I try new MMORPG's. I think Square made some sort of visual addicting drug or somethin, I dunno, cant.. stop coming back...

Yup thats right.... boy am i glad im not the only one...