Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A players impression of Mortal Online

Comments

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

Nightburn didn't you get banned multiple times in MO for exploiting?

the mounted archer that would never miss a shot.....you were so friken annoying, and personaly i've always thought you were cheating.

i hope you will keep the name Nightburn in DFUW so i can hunt you down and see if those amazing aming skills on your MA were true or just exploiting MO's crappy code.

It was the resolution thing.  Basically (and this is still in game) if you lower your resolution enough, the enemy looks like a giant blob on your screen, and your crosshair and the arrow tip are in the same place.  It becomes impossible to miss - though it looks terrible.  Not really a hack, but you have to modify your .ini file (very easy to do).

Darkfall arrows have arc even at close range - the problem is that every bow shoots exactly the same (lame) so DF is easily aimbotted unlike MO.  MO does archery right, having unique calculations for each bow crafted.  The problem is that MO is not doing strong in-game integrity checking on the .ini files.

DF + aimbot = bad

MO + no file integrity = bad

I believe Nightburn had posted MA videos where you can see the obvious resolution change.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by argirop

I was banned from official MO forums from Athanas cause i argued and questioned Sebastian about the caos that they created by implementing the failed patch called Awakening not straightly. I just got a warning for negativity by Athanas and in pm's i politely asked from him to explain to me whats his job description and if it would be more fit to it to be ingame and helping people who do send petitions instead of deleting peoples posts that including legitimate questions, criticism and concerns about a product that they are paying and sending them warnings. Guess what i got banned without any message, reasoning or even an answer by that 15 year old who thinks being a volunteer GM in a low quality game as MO runned by a fucked up company like SV gives him power and authority to act as he likes.

My main account got banned by Athanas for negativity. There is no forum rule against it, Athanas was just being a dick.  I was in guild with him for quite some time, and on the one hand he is a very generous person while at the same time he likes to run things like a fascist - a  perfect fit for SV.  He is the only GM who actually understand the game though.

I just took the discussion to MMORPG, who are pretty cool compared to SV.  At one point, Henrik came in to AQ's teamspeak to ask me to not post critical threads on MMORPG.  Oh man...  good thing I wasn't there when he came in or I would have gone apeshit on him.

With Darkfall in a month, I can only feel bad for MO.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by psykobilly

I was banned from official MO forums from Athanas cause i argued and questioned Sebastian about the caos that they created by implementing the failed patch called Awakening not straightly. I just got a warning for negativity by Athanas and in pm's i politely asked from him to explain to me whats his job description and if it would be more fit to it to be ingame and helping people who do send petitions instead of deleting peoples posts that including legitimate questions, criticism and concerns about a product that they are paying and sending them warnings. Guess what i got banned without any message, reasoning or even an answer by that 15 year old who thinks being a volunteer GM in a low quality game as MO runned by a fucked up company like SV gives him power and authority to act as he likes.

At one point, Henrik came in to AQ's teamspeak to ask me to not post critical threads on MMORPG.  
    just pathetic.
  • FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by psykobilly  At one point, Henrik came in to AQ's teamspeak to ask me to not post critical threads on MMORPG.  
    just pathetic.

LOL

What a clown. This wouldn't be happening if he was really working, sadly, he doesn't seem to know shit about shit when it comes to game development. Can he program? Can he model? Can he design anything using different terms than "make this awesome"? Nope. No job for Henny.

Sadly I think he'll be around for a while. I know absolutely nothing about stocks or Swedish taxes, but could this be correct?: When StarVault's stock goes down, it doesn't mean shit, as all the stockholders are little Henny woozy-doozy and his daddy, aren't they? So they'd only owe money to themselves, not officially make profit and thus pay less taxes?

Originally posted by FastSloth
    Originally posted by psykobilly  At one point, Henrik came in to AQ's teamspeak to ask me to not post critical threads on MMORPG.  
    just pathetic.

LOL

What a clown. This wouldn't be happening if he was really working, sadly, he doesn't seem to know shit about shit when it comes to game development. Can he program? Can he model? Can he design anything using different terms than "make this awesome"? Nope. No job for Henny.

Sadly I think he'll be around for a while. I know absolutely nothing about stocks or Swedish taxes, but could this be correct?: When StarVault's stock goes down, it doesn't mean shit, as all the stockholders are little Henny woozy-doozy and his daddy, aren't they? So they'd only owe money to themselves, not officially make profit and thus pay less taxes?

Anyway, Starvault has around 290 investors and Starvault only has to pay dividends providing the companys making money. (which it never has)  So whatever money they "invested" in Stravult is gone or worth a fraction of what it was. Say you purchased 100000 shares in 2010@ 2.5SEK each = $37,350USD, those 100000 shares are now worth $1,792USD.

Plus, the board is made up of Henrik, his dad, his brother and other family friends, so dont expect Henrick to get removed.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Plus, the board is made up of Henrik, his dad, his brother and other family friends, so dont expect Henrick to get removed.

I dont think he can get removed in either case as he hold majority of the shares in the company, therefore having control of it.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    DF:UW will kill this game once and for all.

Originally posted by ste2000

I'll remain very sceptic to a game that releases in a month yet has zero gameplay footage.

Originally posted by Toferio

I'll remain very sceptic to a game that releases in a month yet has zero gameplay footage.

That didnt stop you from buying into MO.

MO only had that scripted fake teaser prior to taking peoples money.

• hungerjackhungerjack Member Posts: 14
    Unfortunately MO is filled with hackers and exploiters like nightbum who are always being allowed back into the game!
  • hungerjackhungerjack Member Posts: 14

Ouch!!!!!
    Toferio just got pwned by common sense!
    Originally posted by hungerjack

Ouch!!!!! Toferio just got pwned by common sense!

Why? Did anyone present a reason why he should not remain sceptic?

Originally posted by FastSloth
    Originally posted by hungerjack

Ouch!!!!! Toferio just got pwned by common sense!

Why? Did anyone present a reason why he should not remain sceptic?

I was simply pointing out his scepticism didn't prevent him from paying more than top dollar to an unknown company based on less. (ie MO)

I was simply pointing out his scepticism didn't prevent him from paying more than top dollar to an unknown company based on less. (ie MO)

Yea, was directed at HungerJack anyway. :) Nevermind.

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    Yeah, they will never remove the hackers. Just noticed on the forums that they are letting vlad back into the game. Guy was the biggest duper in MO. Why are ppl like this not permabanned?
  • argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

My main account got banned by Athanas for negativity. There is no forum rule against it, Athanas was just being a dick.  I was in guild with him for quite some time, and on the one hand he is a very generous person while at the same time he likes to run things like a fascist - a  perfect fit for SV.  He is the only GM who actually understand the game though.

I just took the discussion to MMORPG, who are pretty cool compared to SV.  At one point, Henrik came in to AQ's teamspeak to ask me to not post critical threads on MMORPG.  Oh man...  good thing I wasn't there when he came in or I would have gone apeshit on him.

I never linked my second account to MoFo cause tbh my plan was to play the game and not measure my e-peen. But since there wasnt a game and after 2 years+ the game was still not there felt like asking some questions. At this point i cant say that i do mind getting my account banned but still feels pretty bad cause it happened for the wrong reasons.

As it is for Henrik jumping into AQ's teamspeak that doesnt feel good either. The boy has to grow up, has to realize that this aint a valid way to run a company and that he totaly failed. Probably theres no comming back at this point and Henrik has in the back of his mind that disapointed people who discussing their concerns regarding MO in MMORPG (just because official MoFo are runed by totaly unprofessional people in an outrageous and disrespectfull towards paying customers manner) are the reason that MO failed. I hope there was someone in AQ's teamspeak to inform him at least that MO failed cause of lack of professionalism in all areas, innability of developers, total absence of leadership, totaly screwed up and ineffective volunteer project and many more crap that its being discussed again and again.  

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    Yeah, they will never remove the hackers. Just noticed on the forums that they are letting vlad back into the game. Guy was the biggest duper in MO. Why are ppl like this not permabanned?

Technically speaking Vlad was an exploiter rather than a hacker but still i agree in the rest of your point.

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    Point taken, but you know what I meant lol.
  • MidnightsephMidnightseph Member Posts: 21

"Nightburn is a very well known exploiter" .

I c

I c

People are so quick to point their fingers when they die in a game =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO3V8I2gno8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKPYfzswH_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_7Sp3-am6s

Just a few videos of myself hacking like crazy since I have no skill in game since this seems to be the point in so many threads. Let's discuss.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

He actually did this?

Considering it's him, I guess that's not such a big shock but still... I mean come on. That's pretty freaking sad.

Kind of don't know wether to laugh at him, or feel bad for him and his clear desperation. I'm still kind of inclined to stick with the former.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Zerg gameplay footage is WAY better than broken and buggy gameplay footage.

A non-functional game is not a game - it is a just a bunch of incohesive codes.

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

A semi functional game is better than non existing game tho. All we've seen of DF:UW are some pretty screens.

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

A semi functional game is better than non existing game tho. All we've seen of DF:UW are some pretty screens.

Not really! Who wants to waste money on a semi-functional game?

• curriertemporarycurriertemporary Member Posts: 7

I tried when they did a 'major' revamp.

AKA Donkey Dicks & a falty food thirst/sleep system.

Again this game get's the primise right, open world, free character building.

Now add terra forming and TLC to the game and it might be an idea worth developing, currently, just more shit.

Originally posted by curriertemporary

I tried when they did a 'major' revamp.

AKA Donkey Dicks & a falty food thirst/sleep system.

Again this game get's the primise right, open world, free character building.

Now add terra forming and TLC to the game and it might be an idea worth developing, currently, just more shit.

They can add more stuff for the next 5 years, but if it doesnt work whats the point?