Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well, that was disappointing

I have played the free version / trial of this game for over a year. I was never interested enough in taking on another $14.99 a month subscription. However, my City of Heroes is set to expire and my daughter and I have been trying different games. I decided to subscribe one account today.

What I expected: Open up more character slots, open up the other classes and races

What didn't happen: Open up more character slots, open up the other classes and races

Well, I guess I just wasted $14.99

Comments

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Maybe you need to wait a few hours or contact support because it does say that you get all the classes and access to 8 char slots.
  • MisatoTremorMisatoTremor Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Depending on the payment method you chose it may take some time until your payment is confirmed and those features are unlocked.

Misato - TankDoc for Life
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Yep it may take a day or so for your sub to go active. You can look at the account page and see if its listed as " confirmed"
  • silverseed71silverseed71 Member Posts: 38

I did it month-to-month

I will wait a couple of hours to see if something changes.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Hopefully it will only take a few hours.

When I came back to the game long ago after a 6 month break it took 2 days for them to confirm the payment. Other than that AoC is a good game and well worth playing if you have not.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    My payments to funcom has gone through instantly, but I did use my visa though. If you don't get your stuff I would talk to their live support team.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

I did it in just under an hour earlier this week, before the weekend, since I somehow think it will be slower on a sunday. Banks closed and so on, and payments verified might take longer (?) took 30 min for me anyway 2 days ago to push trough a payment.

Account status should change when done, and remember to relog out of the game, and log back in again to see the changes.

Well, day 2, still only 2 slots for characters, and I still can't pick all races or classes.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    this is a little off topic but i just want to warn you. when dealing with funcom and payments make sure they only charge you once. and when you are done you better keep a eye on your bank statments because they might charge you at anytime. i once got charged 4 months after stopping my acount.
  • paul43paul43 Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Inside you account page at register.ageofconan.com there is a chat function, I think it's called livechat. This is what I use to fix anything basicly, I never petition ingame or send mails, stuff like subscrition problems, stuck characters, and lost items these guys can help very quickly, you usually get a guy in 5 mins.
  • Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    What payment method did you use?

Nevermind! Apparently I had a memory problem! I apparently had an account using the same e-mail address, which I didn't think was possible but I did. The payment went through and now I can play the full version. I just created a new Ranger. Crap, I had like 7 characters on this account. This game is pretty good. Hopefully it may be my replacement of City of Heroes.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904

best thing you can do is contact live support...they'll have an answer for you within 30 minutes.  I can typically resolve any issue I might have within much less than that.  But it HAS to be live support or you might wait longer than normal.

NEVERMIND...I was late :P...glad to hear it's resolved!

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by silverseed71

I have played the free version / trial of this game for over a year. I was never interested enough in taking on another $14.99 a month subscription. However, my City of Heroes is set to expire and my daughter and I have been trying different games. I decided to subscribe one account today.

What I expected: Open up more character slots, open up the other classes and races

What didn't happen: Open up more character slots, open up the other classes and races

Well, I guess I just wasted $14.99

If you want to contunue with the superheroes theme I highly recommend Champions Online if you haven't tried it and DDO which is my family F2P game, though I am a VIP.

No that I have everything sorted out, how do you get out of the beginner stuff and actually get into the game?

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

No that I have everything sorted out, how do you get out of the beginner stuff and actually get into the game?

Have to beat the guy on the boat. You need to do all the story quests. You'll end up leaving around level 20. 

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

Originally posted by Sevenwind

Have to beat the guy on the boat. You need to do all the story quests. You'll end up leaving around level 20. 

Well, that sucks.

• esty17esty17 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    No worries, it will happen pretty quickly. You can get out of Tortage in < 8 hours no problem. Just get the nighttime quest done and at the appropriate level (not sure if it 16 or 18 as I usually end up around 20 just from questing) you can finish the nightime storyline and be able to leave. Of course you can also just get the lvl needed to leave and skip that story. Alright I am not being useful, point is it will be quick.
  • SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    Originally posted by esty17
    No worries, it will happen pretty quickly. You can get out of Tortage in < 8 hours no problem. Just get the nighttime quest done and at the appropriate level (not sure if it 16 or 18 as I usually end up around 20 just from questing) you can finish the nightime storyline and be able to leave. Of course you can also just get the lvl needed to leave and skip that story. Alright I am not being useful, point is it will be quick.

Night time missions, thanks! I couldn't remember what they were called since it's been so long and thankfully I haven't done Tortage in awhile. Yeah like esty17 said, it goes pretty quick. Save your offline levels for when you get into the 70s. 

If you're really just wanting to hurry to 80 find a guild and get into a DMC group. You'll be 80 pretty quick if you don't smack your head on the keyboard from boredom doing the same thing over and over. I enjoyed the journey to 80 but it gets harder to find people of low level since everyone it seems is 80. 

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    damn you got a year in on it? I just downlaoded it today.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • paul43paul43 Member UncommonPosts: 198
    There is a quest you can do at lvl 16 down at the docks very close to the white sands island, look behind a building and you should find a note, that will take you to a smuggler and get you off tortage.
  • Stryx74Stryx74 Member UncommonPosts: 66

Well, that sucks.

This always confuses me. What do you mean get out of the "beginner stuff" and get into "the game"? The "beginner stuff" IS the game. Tortage is filled with quests, dialog, stories and leveling, do you think that is going to somehow change once you leave? What don't you like about Tortage that you have to leave as soon as possible? Will you hate hearing all the quest dialog while you level? Do you hate pve content and wish you could skip all questing? Are you pvp only and wish you could be max level with all your abilties at once? That at least I can understand for some folks who mainly enjoy pvp. I dont know, I just don't get people wanting to race through an MMO's content as if it wasnt even part of the game but some kind of chore you have to overcome to get to some endgame that's supposed to start the real game.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Stryx74

Well, that sucks.

This always confuses me. What do you mean get out of the "beginner stuff" and get into "the game"? The "beginner stuff" IS the game. Tortage is filled with quests, dialog, stories and leveling, do you think that is going to somehow change once you leave? What don't you like about Tortage that you have to leave as soon as possible? Will you hate hearing all the quest dialog while you level? Do you hate pve content and wish you could skip all questing? Are you pvp only and wish you could be max level with all your abilties at once? That at least I can understand for some folks who mainly enjoy pvp. I dont know, I just don't get people wanting to race through an MMO's content as if it wasnt even part of the game but some kind of chore you have to overcome to get to some endgame that's supposed to start the real game.

Well unless something changed you can leave tortage anytime you want.

A lot of people LOVED tortage, i hated it, felt confined ect.

Youll want to get your blue items and get to around 20 then leave, there use to be some great items if you cleared the main stuff...which makes 20-30ish much easier...its up to you

Played this game a long time ago, actually loved it for the awesome combat, however i hear they dumbed down the combo attacks....guess the nature of all games is to dumb them down.

Endgame pve was surprisingly good too if i can recall.  Worst part of the game was crafting, though i only participated in farming leather to sell i only craft in full loot games.

IMO this was one of the most overly hype with hate games of the last 5 years.  Yeah it was shit at launch, about a year and a half later it was a solid game with more obsessive trolls than fans...in fact i only played this game back after it was fixed to see how terrible it was and stayed for almost two years and enjoyed the hell out of the game.  Come to think of it, every games ive enjoyed for longer than 2 months ive only played due to the overwhelming hate on this forum for the game.  Games that get rave reviews i grow bored in a month....

Goes to show you sometimes its better to try the games everyone on this site hates...and to avoid the ones everyones raving about.